Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Considering how early on in this thread I dropped this little remark, I was really surprised how long it took until someone commented on it.

I am not a firm believer in this date myself, and my buddy said that they might move it yet...which wouldn't surprise me one bit, but either way...just another date to look forward to!
    I'm getting adjusted with the cloud. Downloaded Thunderbird so I can get used to having the cloud handle my calendar and email. Have a couple of playlists ready to transfer, and wanting to see if the Pre will play some Audible books.
    Quote Originally Posted by shalero View Post
    RELEASE the phone already.

I will take it half made.
    I have been with Tmobile for 6 six years. I am ready to switch. !!
    ^ LOL ^ that is a hilarious anti-testimonial for T-mobile. Someone who'd rather take a half made phone than stay with T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdfierro View Post
    Just wanted to see what everybody is doing to prepare for the Pre.
    Quit smoking.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So, let me get this straight...the only way we'd be able to use cloud email is with Yahoo or Gmail? What about Windows Live?

Does anybody think I'd be left out if I don't have Yahoo or Gmail and have the Pre? I don't have a computer, so the Pre will be my only resource for a while. I need a new email, considering MSN or Yahoo. But those seem less integrated than Gmail would be. But maybe not if the Pre is my only means of accessing the internet to start out.
    I'm on a Mac and have my Address Book synced with my contacts in Gmail already. Going to have to get Spanning Sync to get iCal and Google Calendars synced up then I'll be ready.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    If you are at all interested in business networking you should look at Linkedin. It is a fantastic way to keep up with people you know professionally as well as make new contacts that can help you.

I love Linkedin.
    I like the way you mention putting your vacation in May on your Pre. I hope it comes out before then!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    I am developing Pre applications. I haven't decided what contacts I want to backup yet off the SIM of my Nokia. I probably have 15 year old phone numbers in there, and 1 year old text messages. I'll probably just start with a clean Calendar, maybe manually sync up the future stuff that's happening, like the next Trek Movie and my vacation in May.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I straightened up my house, cooked a nice dinner, took a shower, brushed my teeth, trimmed my nose hair, sprayed my best cologne, poured some wine, and put on side two of Led Zeppelin 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I straightened up my house, cooked a nice dinner, took a shower, brushed my teeth, trimmed my nose hair, sprayed my best cologne, poured some wine, and put on side two of Led Zeppelin 4.
    That's the way to do it!!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Fortunately, I was already pretty much set for Synergy when it was announced - I've been a Gmail convert for almost four and a half years now, and I've been moving towards the cloud for my calendar and contacts as well. I had been using MobileMe (under the two month trial that turned into five months after the launch debacle) on my iPod touch for calendar and contact syncing, but when my trial ran out, I decided to wait and weigh my options. When Synergy was announced, I immediately imported my contacts and calendars into Google, which was made even easier when Google released Google Sync a month or two ago, meaning I could sync my iPod via ActiveSync. So I'm pretty much all set.
    I'm looking to cut other expenses to help make up will the additional expense of breaking contract with VZW for the Pre.
    I started a Google account, put some MLB skeds on Google calendar and exported my Palm contacts to Google.
    Last edited by patchs; 04/10/2009 at 08:12 AM.
    I've got my iCal and Address Book syncing with Google Calendar and Gmail, and there's a Nutshell holster on the way (it'll sit on my desk and taunt me until the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $released$).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'm not paying my taxes, so I can afford the darn thing.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

i had cleaned up my google contacts some...its just the my contacts that'll get imported, right... not all contacts?
    I unfortunately am now going with Outlook as my company is now going to an exchange setup. So all my local sync ranting is wasted, and I have to put Bloatlook on my PC and transfer over from PD. Blah.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I'm on a Mac and have my Address Book synced with my contacts in Gmail already. Going to have to get Spanning Sync to get iCal and Google Calendars synced up then I'll be ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    I've got my iCal and Address Book syncing with Google Calendar and Gmail, and there's a Nutshell holster on the way (it'll sit on my desk and taunt me until the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $released$).
    How did either one of you transferred your Address Book over. I've tried different apps. Not working.
    the duck
    What am I doing to prepare for the pre?

umm. err... nada
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    How did either one of you transferred your Address Book over. I've tried different apps. Not working.
    the duck
    It's actually a fairly simple 'hack' to trick you Mac into thinking you have an iPhone/iPod Touch.

Lifehacker - Enable Google Contact Sync Without an iPhone or iPod Touch - Address Book
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast