Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    How come no one is asking about this April 15th statement? Is this another rumor or more to it?
    I'm guessing because its a month after the rumored March 15th date. But come on people, we're not gonna see this phone come out before june 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorsuss View Post
    I'm guessing because its a month after the rumored March 15th date. But come on people, we're not gonna see this phone come out before june 1.
    Totally agree. (sigh).
  3. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    That's what I was thinking as well, but MannyZ28 has been hinting he knows someone....but everyone seems to know someone who knows something.
    I'm continuously reassessing my needs. That includes using the heck out of my 755p to make sure I know what it's actual capabilities are, as well as which of those features I can do without (or really want to see upgraded). One thing I really don't want to give up is my ability to record video with my phone. It's a really useful feature that I've used more over time - not less.

I'm attempting to adjust my mindset and exploring cloud options. "The cloud" isn't a concept with which I'm completely comfortable, just yet. I'm considering how much of my important information is ALREADY in the hands of third-parties, though. I want to be realistic about my "on the ground" needs while keeping my mind open to the concept of "the cloud."

I'm attempting to prepare myself for life without Kinoma. :-( It looks like I'd have to settle for downloading my favorite NPR content and transferring it to the Pre (the way I did in the pre-Kinoma days). This is one of the hardest things to prepare for. I use Kinoma 4 EX like nobody's business. (I expect YouTube access will take care of itself.)

I'm watching the Pre videos over and over, again, to make sure I know (as best I can at this point) what I'd be getting into. I didn't know one could "subscribe to Google events," as the guy mentions in the latest video I watched. If this feature is what I think it is, I wouldn't have to worry about manually populating my calendar with US holidays - every freaking year. That sounds really simple, but would be incredibly convenient, for me.
    Last edited by west3man; 03/16/2009 at 11:10 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorsuss View Post
    No, my guess June 14.
    Last edited by miles4000; 03/16/2009 at 11:54 AM.
    I've been a gmail user for years, but didn't really use the gmail contacts heavily, and didn't use google calendar.

I installed CompanionLink for Google to sync my Palm Desktop against Google, and now really only use Palm Desktop to act as an intermediary on Contacts and Calendar, doing primary maintaining up on Google. (Still maintaining Memos, etc, on the desktop of course).

I've got several Google alert searches running periodically to snoop out news on the potential deal-breaker applications I need to see on WebOS before I can jump (an ebook reader and either SplashID or equivalent).

And yeah, I check in here about 10x/day.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    When they announced that first webinar that took place last week, they said that was the first in a series. I would venture a guess that these webinars will come out before the Pre is released. Since they haven't announced the 2nd webinar yet, I think the Pre release date is a ways off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Waiting... That's all I can do. Contacts and all that will be easy to sync. I want to start using the calender on the Pre, as I never really used it on the Treo.
    Why didn't you use it on the Treo and and why do you want to use it on the Pre?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    Push ups, one a day.
    ^LOL

I've actually been looking over all my contacts on Facebook and even downloaded the facebook app over to my Treo 755p just to see which contacts will port over. I've also started organizing some music (driving & gym playlist) to drag over. I haven't used any online calendars yet, but I think I'll start moving some stuff over to Google Calendars. That's one of the ones Pre uses right?
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    How come no one is asking about this April 15th statement? Is this another rumor or more to it?
    I'm thinking there's a good chance it's coming mid April as well. I agree with 3x that commercials will start airing late March perfectly around the time the NCAA basketball tournament starts - which (not coincidentally) is in the SPRINT center and IN KANSAS CITY - where the Sprint Headquarters is I believe the tournament starts in March 21st so look for the Pre a few weeks after that.
    Here is my problem with a May or June release date..

A) Way too close to when apple may or may not release a new product, which
    1. takes away any chance of stealing apple customers
    2. takes away even more sprint customers who do not know, or care about the pre

B) They have created a buzz right now, if that buzz fades, they are going to have people buying other phones, and again, leaving sprint. I wouldnt expect this (even if my info is wrong) to be out any later than mid may.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I didn't know one could "subscribe to Google events," as the guy mentions in the latest video I watched. If this feature is what I think it is, I wouldn't have to worry about manually populating my calendar with US holidays - every freaking year. That sounds really simple, but would be incredibly convenient, for me.
    you can to that with every syncml enabled phone, even most dumb-phones have it.
    I'm placing lamb's blood around our front door so the evil of iphone 3.0 will passover my house until the pre arrives.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    Here is my problem with a May or June release date..

A) Way too close to when apple may or may not release a new product, which
    1. takes away any chance of stealing apple customers
    2. takes away even more sprint customers who do not know, or care about the pre

B) They have created a buzz right now, if that buzz fades, they are going to have people buying other phones, and again, leaving sprint. I wouldnt expect this (even if my info is wrong) to be out any later than mid may.
    If the phone is buggy when released it wouldnt matter when the updated iPhone is released. It has to be solid right out the gate! If that means waiting to June, so be it.
    if they are worried about bugs, they shouldnt have rolled it out with the demos they did. Making the appearance that it works.

I woulda showed slides. Not a working phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    if they are worried about bugs, they shouldnt have rolled it out with the demos they did. Making the appearance that it works.

I woulda showed slides. Not a working phone.
    That wouldn't of worked to get the same level of hype for it. They showed what was working, but not all of it is finished. Plus they keep saying the end of the first half of 2009.
    noone at sprint or palm is saying "at the end of" anything. Come on now, youre putting words into peoples mouths.

try a direct quote..

"first half of 2009"
    And like Ive been saying, I dont care how they roll it out, if it comes with a BMW, they are STILL going to lose on this if its a june launch. Which sucks for me because

A) I want the phone now
    B) I enjoy sprints pricing, if they blow this, they are going to be att, verizon or tmobile. Probably changing their price. (after being bought out)
    Disclaimer**

all of this is my uneducated opinion.
    that is the key word "Bought Out"
    RELEASE the phone already.

I will take it half made.
    I have been with Tmobile for 6 six years. I am ready to switch. !!
    another day for you and me in paradise
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast