Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, Any idea how long it will take for the Pre to go to oher wirelss carriers such as Verizon? Thanks and take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    We still don't know how long it will take until it gets to Sprint!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Sprint has exclusive rights until the end of 2009. So 2010 is the earliest you'd see it on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    We still don't know how long it will take until it gets to Sprint!!
    Exactly!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Well...considering July is the EOL for the Touch Diamond, and Verizon is only getting the Diamond this month....I think it will be a while. Verizon is know to drag it's feet with new phones, and once they do come out, they usually neuter them. I think I read somewhere that the Diamond that's coming to Verizon is going to be a slower version from the one that Sprint has...go figure.

Introducing... the Palm Pur.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    ^ LOL omg
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Lol, is that for Verizon???
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Ha ha - I was wondering if VZW was going to rename it based on the OP's thread title.

lulzpurrrrrlulz
    I waited around 6 months for VZW to release the Centro after Sprint exclusive ended. This time around I dont think I'l wait. Looking to switch over to Sprint for the Pre. (assuming that the Pre is solid and lives up to the hype).
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I personally doubt we'll ever even see the Pre on Verizon. And if we do, it'll likely be a 2nd-generation model sometime in mid-2010.

The 800w and Treo Pro aren't even coming to Verizon.
    Verizon's Centro arrived ~9 months after Sprint's version. And Verizon's 755p arrived 7-8 months after the Sprint version. Similar situation for the 700wx. Verizon DID beat Sprint by a few days for the 700p launch and also had the 700w as an exclusive in early '06.

Going back even farther in time, Verizon lagged Sprint on both the 650 and 600 Treo launches and never even offered any of the older Handspring CDMA Treos.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I waited around 6 months for VZW to release the Centro after Sprint exclusive ended. This time around I dont think I'l wait. Looking to switch over to Sprint for the Pre. (assuming that the Pre is solid and lives up to the hype).
    Whatever happened to Verizon's plan to let other CDMA phones be connected to their network? I know I read information about that over a year or so ago?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Typical B.S. propaganda. I never counted on it nor expected it. We'll be doing well to be able to use the Alltel Treo Pro on VZW by the end of this year, IMHO! The carriers love their rotten exclusives & ironclad contract and nothing is gonna change that anytime soon!

As my VZW service is provided by work, switching to Sprint is NOT an option for me, especially in this econiomic day & age (and also due to the crummy Sprint coverage around where I live & work).
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX

LMAO
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI… NR70v>CLI… TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I know that this may be a bit premature, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a possible Pre debut on Verizon.

I have not heard much about this, and I know that there is an exclusivity deal between Palm and Sprint, but I would imagine that if the Pre is a home run Verizon will want to get their grubby paws on it.

Any thoughts? I am hoping for Q1 2010.....
    No...Sprint should lock up an all-exclusive deal with palm for the Pre the week after release b/c of the response...something like 5 years!! That would be saweet!! I'd personally hate to see that sexy hunk of smooth river stone goodness be in the hands of someone on another network like at&t (iphone), t-mobile (g1), or verizon (storm). Just our (sprint loyals) chance to bask in the glory for having to sit and endure the ridicule for YEARS...muahahahaha
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    For the survival of Palm I hope the Pre makes it everywhere. Palm needs to get back in the game and bring out more great devices.

With that being said, I do hope Verizon gets their version. Everybody deserves a Pre.
    It'll happen when Verizon figures out that the new HTC won't sell for 300 bucks! They're pissed at Palm/Palm is pissed at Verizon, and both are missing the boat. Verizon has thrown their chips on BB, but don't even have the best of the lot, the Bold, and the Storm is a real love/hate thing.

So, either Sprint goes out of biz and is taken over by V, or the exclusive runs out either the end of 09, or 12 months from release, and V gets it then. But do email the leadership and tell them. They do listen. And you can get the info on the Verizon site.
    The "new" HTC Touch Diamond that was actually released last year you mean, LOL! It takes Verizon forever to get phones! Don't hold your breath for the Pre.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast