Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    you know as jacked up as verizon makes there phones and how expensive verizons plans can be. I'm surprised they're as big as they are. I think they're one of the worse cell phone companies out there. It's ridiculous. I am on sprint and I have a BB I pay 70 a month plus a 25% employee discount. My girlfriend has the exact same phone, same plan on verizon, and hers is 90 dollars, thankfully she has 20% discount and even still I'm I get discounted an extra 5%!

Down with verizon. The dare is dumb, the storm is stupid. But I love the bold.

Like my rhythmic last two sentences?
    Last edited by zionixi; 04/12/2009 at 12:11 AM.
    It's because of their coverage or perceived coverage.

I once used them but their phone selection was terrible and I had to leave(yes it mattered that much to me).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Coverage is the best, cust. service outstanding...that's why we stick.
    If only they were GSM like their partner Vodafone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I can't wait to convert the Pre over to other CDMA networks. Sprint may be the only source of the Pre, but this phone will certainly be put to use on other CDMA carriers, mine in particular...
    The Pre will need to be on a better network to help Palm. The two biggest networks Verizon and ATT have most if not all the government and corporate contracts due to their superior coverage. Having a business device that is unique to itself on one carrier will not help Palm win more market share... I expect to see WebOS devices on other networks at some point but who knows when.

Also what about the Open network agreement by verizon... hmmm any luck with that guys?
    i think 1st qtr next year may be too ealry for verizon. The sprint exclusive should be over by then (6 to 9 months) so maybe At&t or T-mobbile. Verizon always seems to take a very long time to certify their phones.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    If anything it would be ATT not Verizon that gets Pre , if the exclusivity is not extended beyond end of year.

PALM is making GSM for the rest of the world , so its no biggie for them to unlock for ATT. The issue is would ATT talk with PALM ?
    I hope so, and I hope that the APPLE exclusivity will end resulting in iPhone on SPRINT.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    And I wish (hope) Verizon fails to launch their headsets for the rest of 2009. That would result in reality of the recession and price drops on their plans.
    Maybe if your lucky Q2 2010. I'm on VZW now and I'm planning on switching to Sprint for the Pre. VZW does have great coverage and good CS but poor phone selection and plans are expensive.

They took over 6 months to release the Centro after the Sprint exclusive ended and basically forgot about it (no new colors or no upgraded memory version).
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I hope so, and I hope that the APPLE exclusivity will end resulting in iPhone on SPRINT.
    Not happening. Their exclusivity agreement lasts for the next 4 years, and it'll probably be renewed when the new iPhone is released. Also, the iPhone on Sprint (or Verizon) would require a while new chipset, and as we saw with Palm, a whole new set of programming, for an admittedly small die-hard carrier fan group. Pretty much anybody who really wanted and could afford an iPhone has already switched to AT&T (or has gone so far as to jailbreak).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Not happening. Their exclusivity agreement lasts for the next 4 years, and it'll probably be renewed when the new iPhone is released. Also, the iPhone on Sprint (or Verizon) would require a while new chipset, and as we saw with Palm, a whole new set of programming, for an admittedly small die-hard carrier fan group. Pretty much anybody who really wanted and could afford an iPhone has already switched to AT&T (or has gone so far as to jailbreak).

Okay , I wish APPLE will release an iPod Nano Phone for the rest of the carriers !!!!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just stepping back and thinking....

Some people are having luck getting non-Verizon phones on Verizon by doing the *228, #3 but only getting voice and not being able to add data to the account.

So How would you get the Pre on Verizon?

The people on Engadget Mobile seem to think it's possible and will be done.
    The path of least resistance is to wait the 6mo-1yr for it to be non-exclusive. I'm sure it will be on Verizon as soon as it is contractually possible considering virtually no hardware change is required.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    They will probably release their next Centro, which they have stated would run webOS, sometime around the end of next year. I have no proof of this, but Palm has stated several times they want webOS to be the line and the Pre is only the first device. Since the Centro has been one of their best-selling devices, it only makes sense that they try to make a Centro running webOS that will hit close to the $99-$149 price range available on all carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyboring View Post
    Just stepping back and thinking....

Some people are having luck getting non-Verizon phones on Verizon by doing the *228, #3 but only getting voice and not being able to add data to the account.

So How would you get the Pre on Verizon?

The people on Engadget Mobile seem to think it's possible and will be done.
    Why would you want to get the pre on verizon without data??? Its the pre's strength is in its ability to use the web. Without it, it would be just another phone on verizon. Iono doesn't make much sense to me, besides on big red you would be paying an arm and a leg.
    wait somewhere between 12 months and eternity.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speakeazy86 View Post
    Why would you want to get the pre on verizon without data??? Its the pre's strength is in its ability to use the web. Without it, it would be just another phone on verizon. Iono doesn't make much sense to me, besides on big red you would be paying an arm and a leg.
    I was just stating that its possible to get phones on non-Verizon phones on Verizon.

I don't want the Pre without data, it would almost be pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    The path of least resistance is to wait the 6mo-1yr for it to be non-exclusive. I'm sure it will be on Verizon as soon as it is contractually possible considering virtually no hardware change is required.
    Verizon well over a year ago stated that they had plans to allow phones from other carriers to be activated on Verizon. I believe it was with mininal testing??
    What use would a Pre be without a data plan?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast