Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Some nice angles of the Pre (especially at the end). The WebOS demo in this video is one of the snappier ones that I have seen. Another thing I noticed was the mic located on the gesture area (never saw that before). Also, the touchstone looks very solid on that desk.

http://www.strimoo.com/video/1515428...ess-Vimeo.html
    Last edited by curiousobserver; 03/15/2009 at 02:26 AM.
    Nice video, the palm rep looked kinda irritated with some of the questions.

"can you hang it on a wall?"

lulz
    One of the CES demo rep's actually did stick it to a wall..
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Nice video.... it's the stuttering guy again....lol

Everytime I see a new video I am getting excited all over again... can't wait to have one!
    Does anyone know what that small black hole on the face of the phone does? It's this small black hole on the left bottom section of the phone, near the gesture area. I seen it on the pre video on palms website and i just thought i was seeing things lol. But it's really there. I wonder if it's that proximity thing... idk.. anybody else notice it?

You can see it really good on the video above^^ at 7:37.

I took a snapshot but idk how to upload it.
    probably a speaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by live001 View Post
    Does anyone know what that small black hole on the face of the phone does? It's this small black hole on the left bottom section of the phone, near the gesture area. I seen it on the pre video on palms website and i just thought i was seeing things lol. But it's really there. I wonder if it's that proximity thing... idk.. anybody else notice it?

You can see it really good on the video above^^ at 7:37.

I took a snapshot but idk how to upload it.
    Microphone
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    probably a speaker?
    Its not a speaker. You won't need to have the phone open, or shall I say the keyboard open, to talk. That is where you speak when talking on the phone.
    thats what i meant. brainfart calling it a speaker, not a mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    Some nice angles of the Pre (especially at the end). The WebOS demo in this video is one of the snappier ones that I have seen. Another thing I noticed was the mic located on the gesture area (never saw that before). Also, the touchstone looks very solid on that desk.

Video en streaming - Palm Pre demo at Mobile World Congress - Vimeo - Strimoo.com
    I really enjoyed that. Thanks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Is it obsessive behavior to watch all these videos on a daily basis?
    no
    I am excited to see this one but I am in class at the moment.
    I didn't know about the ability to subscribe to Google events like US holidays. The impression I got was that this would automatically populate my calendar with some of the things I'd struggle with, every year since I embraced a digital calendar instead of the traditional one.

So simple. So useful.
    The fact that this video (And others) are snappier than other videos out there, makes me think that they had a memory leak problem in these versions.

Does anyone have a video of the phone being turned on or reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The fact that this video (And others) are snappier than other videos out there, makes me think that they had a memory leak problem in these versions.

Does anyone have a video of the phone being turned on or reset?
    I never saw it reset or turned on. Only saw the phone unlocked in maybe one or two clips.
    it is a shame I have to switch to Sprint. I really don't like them. but for the Pre...??
    I don't think I can wait for Tmobile to carry the phone
    another day for you and me in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by shalero View Post
    it is a shame I have to switch to Sprint. I really don't like them. but for the Pre...??
    I don't think I can wait for Tmobile to carry the phone
    Around here, T-Mobile is not very liked. Nothing like waiting for a text message to arrive, just to see it make an appearance the next day!

As long as you have good Sprint reception in your area, you should be fine.
    The whole thing about not being able to tell where you got the cell phone number for 'Sophia' is kinda discouraging. I know people that are on Facebook that have their cell phone posted but would feel weird calling them and hearing "how did you get this number?"

"Oh I got it from Facebook"

sounds stalkerish.

Other things, does ANYONE really use Gtalk?

Whats with the people showing off the phones always trying to sound hip or cool?

"Made my lips burn!"
    Last edited by nojok3; 03/17/2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    The whole thing about not being able to tell where you got the cell phone number for 'Sophia' is kinda discouraging. I know people that are on Facebook that have their cell phone posted but would feel weird calling them and hearing "how did you get this number?"

"Oh I got it from Facebook"

sounds stalkerish.
    For someone whose number is on Facebook, it wouldn't make much sense to react that way.

Other things, does ANYONE really use Gtalk?
    Not I.

Whats with the people showing off the phones always trying to sound hip or cool?

"Made my lips burn!"
    What about that is supposed to sound cool?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast