1.    #1  
    I saw someone mentioned this conference on the rumors/speculations thread, and after checking out the website it looks like some big name wireless companies make a showing there. I'm not familiar with it at all, but does anyone have more info? Few questions that come to mind are, 1) is palm going to be there? 2) what kinds of things are usually talked about/announced? 3) Is this show significant at all in the wireless community?

It's coming up so it would be cool to know if the Pre will have any representation.
    I would be VERY surprised if they wouldn't be there. It's one of the biggest mobile technology trade shows out there.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if that is where they give release date and maybe pricing info
    Well for the two of us that got info about a first half of April release date, CTIA would fit in nicely as far as the time frame goes. Announce at CTIA, ship 2 weeks or so later! and don't forget to pay your taxes!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well for the two of us that got info about a first half of April release date, CTIA would fit in nicely as far as the time frame goes. Announce at CTIA, ship 2 weeks or so later! and don't forget to pay your taxes!
    That would be awesome if it were true! I'm still not holding my breath for april though. Sad to say 3x is already expecting his source to be wrong, and you have still yet to find out if your source has any real info after days. Still not email proof or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    That would be awesome if it were true! I'm still not holding my breath for april though. Sad to say 3x is already expecting his source to be wrong, and you have still yet to find out if your source has any real info after days. Still not email proof or anything.
    Actually I got a text today with a date, but I am not saying anything more about that yet until I talk to him in person. And no, I am not eating anything on cam!
  7.    #7  
    Actually I got a text today with a date, but I am not saying anything more about that yet until I talk to him in person. And no, I am not eating anything on cam!
    LoL... aww be a sport. :-P j/k Can you try calling him? For someone that works at a cell phone company he seems pretty hard to get ahold of :-P
    He's not hard to get ahold of, I just don't see him often in person. I did drop a hint in post #4 at the very end.
    You think they'll release on a Wednesday?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    That's why I don't want to say anything more about this, because the date was all the text said, I asked for clarification, but never got any. So as far as I am concerned discount this to nothing but a weak rumor. I am more of a believer in May/June.
  11.    #11  
    That's why I don't want to say anything more about this, because the date was all the text said, I asked for clarification, but never got any. So as far as I am concerned discount this to nothing but a weak rumor. I am more of a believer in May/June.
    I hope your rumor's true, but I agree that May/June will be more likely. It would be nice if the beta SDK would at least be released at the conference or shortly after. If you could call to get a little more info today, that would be really awesome.
    schnoid, its not that im doubting my source, its just everywhere i look says otherwise.

im 50/50 on this.

and what the heck happened to my thread anyways about picking what i eat?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    schnoid, its not that im doubting my source, its just everywhere i look says otherwise.

im 50/50 on this.

and what the heck happened to my thread anyways about picking what i eat?
    i'd guess that it got removed since it has nothing to do with the Pre even if it was entertaining :-P
    Can u at least say if it is soon or very soon? We will not (at least I Will Not make you eat "Crow" or "Cam" Please give us some hope to get through this weekend. Thanks
    morningstar..

Both him and I have heard first half of april. (My guess is 12th, his source similar.)
    Pay your taxes, buy a Pre!
    Palm not on the list for CTIA:

Exhibitor List
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Palm not on the list for CTIA:

Exhibitor List
    But Sprint is!

Not that would make a difference.....oh well, we'll see. I can't see how the Pre can afford to miss that show, especially since it is in Las Vegas!
    Well, not that it means anything, but Palm's big CES Pre announcement wasn't officially part of the show either. They could easily have a separate conference again if they wanted to.