Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IR may have been slower, but the simplicity, utility, and reliability were top notch. Never had a problem with it. Took an extra 2 seconds, big deal. Haven't figured out how to transfer anything to my PC via bluetooth and the Pre. Don't think its possible. Sometimes newer just isn't better.

And it is hard to understand why they would drop the IR when so many Realtors are forced to stay with the HTC product, Treo or Centro because of it. They simply eliminated a large pool of PDA fanatics. A LARGE POOL! Short-sighted in my view.
    IR also takes more space than BT. There's not alot of room to spare in the Pre.
    heloooooo! This PRE does not support any phone to phone transfer of information! There's no blutooth option. This thread is derailing about IR being omitted- but the real problem is the phone cannot accept Vcard or Vcal files AT ALL via any method- SMS, email, blutooth.

How palm ignored this I have no idea.
    Like they ignored quite a few other things that are productivity related. The Pre is the smartest dumbphone I've seen. Way to Palm. Finding more ways to alienate their 13yr user base.
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    but the real problem is the phone cannot accept Vcard or Vcal files AT ALL via any method- SMS, email, blutooth.

How palm ignored this I have no idea.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    My favorite ad was the couple that fell in love in adjoining subway trains, desitined for the opposite directions, and it was love at first sight, they couldn't talk because of the glass windows, but I think the dude raised his Palm and She raised her's and they Beemed each other right there in public.
    LOL! Forgot all about that ad. That was a classic for Palm fans.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12