1.    #1  
    Nothing less than the Palm Pre was featured on 7/3 in our very own local Pune Mirror! A lot of people are excited about the Pre, even though it's going to be only CDMA for now.

See the scan attached to this post!!!

- mvk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Game over!
    Heh. That's mostly fawning coverage. Maybe McNamee running his mouth off wasn't so bad after all, as it certainly gave the author an angle to run with.

I can quibble with the content (no mention of multitasking, but "Runs Linux. That says a lot"?) but just having a giant picture of the Pre along with the headlines "It's Cool" and "What the iPhone Does Not Have" will make Palm happy.
    Thanks GreenHex for sharing
    Really good post GreenHex!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Thanks for scanning and posting GreenHex.
    everybody is taking note...
    but this is all the way in India..
    "Smaller but the screen looks bigger"?

I stopped reading right after that.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Interesting that the article states that the plan is to launch the Pre on the 2nd anniversary of the iPhone launch. Conjecture? Read that on this site (or other Pre sites)? Insider info?
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Nothing less than the Palm Pre was featured on 7/3 in our very own local Pune Mirror! A lot of people are excited about the Pre, even though it's going to be only CDMA for now.

See the scan attached to this post!!!

- mvk
    thanks for sharing , but whats the network speeds like in India ?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    thanks for sharing , but whats the network speeds like in India ?
    The two EDGE connections that I use (on different networks) are fast enough for everything other than streaming music, and I routinely use these to check my email/ RSS/ surfing with my laptop, and download doc, xls and ppt attachments quiet reliably. It's unlimited data for 199 INR (~ 4 USD) per month. Coverage is available in every part of the country. That's very important, considering India's size.

The 3G (GSM) service has been recently announced (last month) and will be soon available all over India. It's going to cost 3000 INR (~ 60 USD) per month, unlimited.

No... we are not too far behind.

- mvk
    For $4/month, I might be willing to live with the lower speed of the Edge network.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    "Smaller but the screen looks bigger"?

I stopped reading right after that.
    LoL, that's exactly what I was thinking! I read #1 and I was confused, then I read #2 and I was like... WTF!?!
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    For $4/month, I might be willing to live with the lower speed of the Edge network.
    EDGE is cheap, but 3G is expensive. Hope you will have fun with the Pre.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    LoL, that's exactly what I was thinking! I read #1 and I was confused, then I read #2 and I was like... WTF!?!
    LOL,
    Smaller overall dimensions I guess :-)

The things looks like HTC Touch ( the original one).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    People!!!

Firstly, this is from a newspaper and accuracy is not really its strong point. Secondly, this is not even a newspaper, it's a tabloid. Further, you must allow for local usage/ dialects of English language/ grammar. Not even the reporter's name or source is mentioned in the article.

The most amazing thing is that somebody found it worth the while to dedicate a full page to the Palm Pre in a country where "cellphone" means (crappy) "Nokia" and the Palm brand and advertising are non-existent. That's why I put it up here. I knew my post would attract at least a couple of sarcastic comments.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Thanks Grenhex,

Tabloids can be useful sometimes! Its curious how they emphasise "Launch Query"

I didnt know that about the CDMA rollout only. Have you picked up any other Indian Pre info?

Bangalore EDGE must be a bit faster than Pune EDGE, streaming here is great. Now if I could just find a decent net cricket radio station
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  18.    #18  
    TRgEOff...

There have been no real announcements about the GSM variant, so I assumed that it's going to be only the CDMA for now. The Pre would probably come to India - offically - in 2099.

AND...

You must be missing a lot of calls, if you are using EDGE continuously?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    GreenHex:

Re EDGE and streaming:

Actually, Ive been focussing more on non-streamed Podcasts lately, DL'ing them via iTunes, then syncing with pTunes. And I dont get that many calls anyway , mostly emails, sms
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.