1.    #1  
    i just tried texting the pre in the engadget pics and asked for a release date... anyone else try that? haha

They still call it Nova in that picture.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The os is .9 on there. So we still a ways away from a release build?
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    The os is .9 on there. So we still a ways away from a release build?
    Every software company does it differently. But what is most common is to keep it at something like 9 until they decide to go ahead and flash all their supply and start selling them.

In other words, it sounds like they are just looking for bugs for a release candidate.
  5.    #5  
    well those pics are from like january, i was just trying to see if the phone number still worked
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just texted and got two replies at once, and then another one 2 minutes later:

1. IDK. No one tells us nything. I am just testing this thing. It's really buggy...
    2. OMFG. My boss read that. He knows. He's mad... he's firing me. OHH NO!!!
    3. I was kidding. Everything is on track... we're releasing in the 1st half of 09. Have u seen the mirror on the bk?
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I just texted and got two replies at once, and then another one 2 minutes later:

1. IDK. No one tells us nything. I am just testing this thing. It's really buggy...
    3. I was kidding. Everything is on track... we're releasing in the 1st half of 09. Have u seen the mirror on the bk?

are you for real?
  8.    #8  
    they didn't text me back
    I want to text them but I'm too scared to. haha.
    did anyone try calling it?

EDIT: OK, I called it, went to voicemail. The message was the generic "Sprint PCS Voicemail Box of 408-230-8931", and the mailbox was full. It might be one of Sprint's reserved tester numbers or something. And I'm sure I'm not the first to call it since the number is on the web.
    Last edited by leadtrumpetdave; 03/13/2009 at 05:27 PM.
    i just texted and got two replies at once, and then another one 2 minutes later:

1. idk. No one tells us nything. I am just testing this thing. It's really buggy...
    2. omfg. My boss read that. He knows. He's mad... He's firing me. Ohh no!!!
    3. i was kidding. Everything is on track... We're releasing in the 1st half of 09. Have u seen the mirror on the bk?
    o rly?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    They still call it Nova in that picture.
    how about that ! nice catch!

very funny

Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    EDIT: OK, I called it, went to voicemail. The message was the generic "Sprint PCS Voicemail Box of 408-430-8931", and the mailbox was full. It might be one of Sprint's reserved tester numbers or something. And I'm sure I'm not the first to call it since the number is on the web.
    Good job! way to jump in there.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    did anyone try calling it?

EDIT: OK, I called it, went to voicemail. The message was the generic "Sprint PCS Voicemail Box of 408-430-8931", and the mailbox was full. It might be one of Sprint's reserved tester numbers or something. And I'm sure I'm not the first to call it since the number is on the web.
    The number in the pic is 408-230-8931, but that voicemail is also full.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Text them with a "Can I haz Pre now??" ...awaiting a response.
    This was a clever thread! Hilarious responses! I hope they knocked those bugs he mentioned out of the production model
    Tee Hee!