Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I believe the Pre simply still isn't ready for primetime. There's just too much vagueness from both companies.

I haven't looked at the web conference, but I understand from CNET that there seems to have been really nothing new revealed.
    don;t waste your time looking. Everything they spoke about has been covered extensivley on this site.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i called Sprint, spoke to the Rep, and that's the date (3-15-08) he told me. i clarified with him three times that it was a PRE and not a PRO. i shared this info with the forum as-is in an existing thread and let people here draw their own conclusions. now go pull your thumb out of your...
    that is my point, you fell for the Pre-Pro confusion as evidenced by the Feb 15 date.

the people who posted Feb 15, as you did, are now cranky about a "delay". You were posting in January that this needs to come out very soon.

You incorrectly fed your own expectations (and those of others) with obviously incorrect information. OK fine. But now for people who did this to be impatient and claiming delays on obviously incorrect information is over the top.

You are not being criticized for posting Pro information about the Pre -- but for deducing delays as a result.

Irony 101.
    ^ not everyone can be as patient as you ;-) While I like the Spock charater, i can't always think like him. Sometimes we get a little bit excited and ahead of our selves. The great thing about a site like this is we can indluge in those feelings.

just my 2 cents
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    ^b-model,

Sure. I am expectant and impatience too. but people posting the crazy dates is one thing. using it to claim it is delayed is another.

The product will be delayed as of July 1. Not before.
    IMO, I think Tuesday is a day of reckoning for the Pre and the future of Palm. What good will it do to have a great Pre device if Palm goes under? This is just my opinion mind you.

If Apple knocks it out of the park with a radical redesigned UI, multitasking, and advanced hardware for the new iPhone that rivals or exceeds the Pre's features, and comes out in June, the Pre is doa. Palm is already running on fumes and needs the Pre to be a success. Whatever Apple does will dominate the news and if the Pre comes out anywhere near the new iPHone or OS 3.0 it will not save Palm. There are simply not enough Palm fanatics out there for that to happen. They need converts, and they need people to dump their iPhone and blackberries for it and not go the iPhone route. People like me who are considering dumping the iPhone but now I'm waiting to see what happens on Tuesday as Apple may keep me if the new OS has similar features to the Pre. I'm willing to break my contract and get a Pre, but not if OS 3.0 is a big move forward.

Again, just my $.02.
    Man, i just disagree. Sprint has millions of customers. Palm only has to fish in that pond to do well. Yet some iphone or BB users will switch too. Not many, but it'll happen.

And this will happen no matter what apple does. The smartphone market is very young. Palm won't just be on Sprint.

I think it works the other way. If palm releases close to the iphone..they both get lumped together in the news. This benefits the Pre.

BTW..i just can't see radical OS changes from Apple coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I think the least the could do is tell us A) What the device will cost. and B) When it will be available. I mean at least the price, they must know. If they don't, why not? Apple had an exact date and price from the start for the iPhone.

Maybe they should have waited to announce the phone when they were closer to ready. Also releasing the SDK would both help generate buzz and make sure their are choices in third party apps on day one. As others have pointed out, they must have an SDK, why not use it?
    they can't tell u the pricing for PRE because the PRO is in the way...
    if PRE is priced above the PRO, PRE won't sell...
    if it's priced below the PRO, PRO won't sell... just common sense here
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    The Pre and the Pro are not after the same demographic, so pricing of either being related to the other is mostly irrelevant.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Oh yeah, and to answer to the topic, yes and no. My friend told me a few days ago everything was still good, so I would LIKE to say no..

But my instinct (ugh, sorry the relation, i do NOT mean phone) is that yes, they will have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i called Sprint, spoke to the Rep, and that's the date (3-15-08) he told me. i clarified with him three times that it was a PRE and not a PRO. i shared this info with the forum as-is in an existing thread and let people here draw their own conclusions. now go pull your thumb out of your...
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    that is my point, you fell for the Pre-Pro confusion as evidenced by the Feb 15 date.

the people who posted Feb 15, as you did, are now cranky about a "delay". You were posting in January that this needs to come out very soon.

You incorrectly fed your own expectations (and those of others) with obviously incorrect information. OK fine. But now for people who did this to be impatient and claiming delays on obviously incorrect information is over the top.

You are not being criticized for posting Pro information about the Pre -- but for deducing delays as a result.

Irony 101.
    Okay after reading the last post I see where you are coming from.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123