Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I would take it to mean they didn't deliberately set up some kind of cheater programming/OS hack to make the web page display faster for the point of the demo. I wouldn't say that "not being rigged" = "not cached" at all.
    The tweet was in response to a concern. Did someone ask if they "deliberately set up some kind of cheater programming/OS hack to make the web page display faster for the point of the demo?"
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Network... (if it was not WiFi)... At&t users on 3G... man there are many complaints...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    The tweet was in response to a concern. Did someone ask if they "deliberately set up some kind of cheater programming/OS hack to make the web page display faster for the point of the demo?"
    the question: "@palm_inc: is the Pre's browsing / rendering REALLY this fast? Does it support cached web pages? http://tinyurl.com/pre-web"

the response: "@KevinCTofel Thanks for noticing. That was a live demo. Obviously actual mileage may vary, but there was nothing rigged re: browsing speed."

Twitter / palm_inc: @KevinCTofel Thanks for n ...

they seemed to ignore the cache part of the question.
    Well at least it sure as hell loads a lot faster and better than my WinMo Treo.
    If you regularly follow @Palm_Inc, then you know the person maintaining that Twitter account knows very little about much of anything. I would be surprised if he/she even understood what "cached" meant. (I had to explain desktop sync to him/her.)

So the only thing you'll get there is the official party line, so to speak.
    Maybe they are talking about the page display rendering speed (and accuracy) and not the page loading speed? Unlike other kinds of applications, a browser must do a lot more things to display pages correctly.
    I agree. Even if it's cached, that's a very impressive page rendering time for what looks to be a relatively complex site.
    Ran across this. I searched, but see this posted. If it was already posted, my apologies.

Gadget Gurus - GigaOM - Salon.com

This looks FANTASTIC!!! I am SOOO EXCITED! *elbows way to front of line*
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    People were questioning if the pinch to zoom out was still going to be used, so I guess this proves it. Depending on how old this video is. Nice find.
    Glad you found it useful.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    That is SAWEETTTTTTTTTTTT! Great find Jill!
    the video is old...... has collage basketball team records b4 their season was over.... so thats like feb/march or even earlier
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    New to us though...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    How does the webos browser handle multiple pages?

Funny I just realized that Safari on my iPod Touch reduces them to cards and lets you flip through them. I don't think it is a stretch to say that Palm took this idea and expanded on it for apps, keeping them live etc.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    How does the webos browser handle multiple pages?

Funny I just realized that Safari on my iPod Touch reduces them to cards and lets you flip through them. I don't think it is a stretch to say that Palm took this idea and expanded on it for apps, keeping them live etc.
    *sigh*... No... Apple didn't invent it... it's a part of webKit.....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Where did I say that?

The answer to my question is cards, or don't you know?

Sigh my a**.
    Last edited by galavanter; 05/24/2009 at 08:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Do you work for Palm? Why do you get do defensive? Relax. The same goes for people always defending Apple or Ford or Chevy.
    I finally came across this video showing the browser and multiple pages (emulator). Around 3:08

Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Ran across this. I searched, but see this posted. If it was already posted, my apologies.

Gadget Gurus - GigaOM - Salon.com

This looks FANTASTIC!!! I am SOOO EXCITED! *elbows way to front of line*
    This is the video that caused quite a ruckus when it came out because of how fast it rendered. It renders as fast or faster than even your PC can on that web page (test it). This makes many think it had the page cached, which is still something the Iphone doesn't do.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast