Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I feel disappointed. A major waste of time for most things we already know..
    I was really expecting a release date and price point.
    or at least a TARGET for both these, however on the birght side...
    I understand all you need is an unlimited data add-on to your plan. And with Sprint CSRs I'm sure you can convince them to give you a Palm Pre on SERO if you already have that. =)

I do feel however that this webcast was more so for the TECH media, journalists, and bloggers so as to solidify SOME specifications about Sprint/Palm Pre.
    Last edited by HChristianS; 03/12/2009 at 01:59 PM.
    I say weaksauce. They only answered five questions? Really?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    is all I have to say.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    i was at least expecting them to talk about battery life or SOMETHING! They literally said NOTHING! I am thoroughly annoyed that they not only wasted my time, but plenty of other people's.
    I have never had my feelings hurt by a webinar before. So at least something new happened.
    Well, this was supposed to be the first in a series. Was my last one though. If there's any real news, i'm sure it'll be on the frontpage soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Well, this was supposed to be the first in a series. Was my last one though. If there's any real news, i'm sure it'll be on the frontpage soon enough.
    amen! I hope many media sources will write to palm/sprint and tell them that their webcast was a waste of time and annoying to anyone that attended.
    Steve Jobs is laughing on his Death Star right now stroking his cat.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Well we did get some more color on sprint's plans about plans, if nothing else:

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-pla...ts-not-webinar
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eguy View Post
    steve jobs is laughing on his death star right now stroking his cat.
    lmao
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Steve Jobs is laughing on his Death Star right now stroking his cat.
    with his Skynet iPOD robots guarding him.
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    with his Skynet iPOD robots guarding him.
    The ones from the I, Robot movie? Oh noes!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post

That isn't really "new" though. Its new to people that just wanted to keep ignoring things said and printed by Sprint and Palm in holding out hope for "please let us have SERO!!!!!! You owe it to us!".

Its like of like a Company going "Okay, this is coming out in blue"

and people going "well, turquoiseis kind of blue, and I like turquoise. They said blue, it must mean there will be turquoise".

and then the company going again "We think that using a single color, blue, as the standard will add appeal to the device"

and people going "well yeah, a single color, blue. But they could still give variety through a lot of hues of blue. There could be navy blue, sky blue, and still turquoise! Its still a possability. They're not being CLEAR"

and then the company going "Look, its blue. BLUE"

and people going "....turquoiseright?"
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 03/12/2009 at 03:28 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The ones from the I, Robot movie? Oh noes!

Q: Why the name Pre?
    A: The Pre is anticipatory. It's shows you what your options are. Thinking of ahead of what steps you may want.

It's too anticipatory for me.
    If Apple's new OS is awesome I might switch into that.
    Or if Sprints two android devices come out by Summer, I'd gladly take that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post

Thanks Dieter for everything! Even though it was almost nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Steve Jobs Episode I: The iPod Wars

If palm wanted to release important infomation on the Pre, they would just release a press release. Why would they release it during a web show?

Glad I didn't waste my time.
    There was a little news, if you looked hard enough. This 2nd post might be the last of it, though:

http://www.precentral.net/how-many-cards-too-many
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That isn't really "new" though. Its new to people that just wanted to keep ignoring things said and printed by Sprint and Palm in holding out hope for "please let us have SERO!!!!!! You owe it to us!".

Its like of like a Company going "Okay, this is coming out in blue"

and people going "well, torquise is kind of blue, and I like torquise. They said blue, it must mean there will be torquise".

and then the company going again "We think that using a single color, blue, as the standard will add appeal to the device"

and people going "well yeah, a single color, blue. But they could still give variety through a lot of hues of blue. There could be navy blue, sky blue, and still torquise! Its still a possability. They're not being CLEAR"

and then the company going "Look, its blue. BLUE"

and people going "....torquise right?"
    Amen brother. This comment deserves it's own thread.

I'm equally frustrated with people saying the fine print is not "clear" enough and Sprint will allow SERO. They will not.

Arguing that SERO comes with unlimited data never worked for anyone trying to get the Instinct, and it will definitely not work for the Pre. You just need a plan to have the word "Everything" in it's title.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Amen brother. This comment deserves it's own thread.

I'm equally frustrated with people saying the fine print is not "clear" enough and Sprint will allow SERO. They will not.

Arguing that SERO comes with unlimited data never worked for anyone trying to get the Instinct, and it will definitely not work for the Pre. You just need a plan to have the word "Everything" in it's title.
    Just another way to squeeze more money out... SERO was the best plan ever untill greed took over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast