Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    It is still the best plan. I am not letting go. Unfortunately I am one of those who loves money more than gadgets. I am going to keep my HTC Touch until the Diamond2 comes out in July.

Although I must admit that once the Pre comes out, I will try one last time to get it while keeping my plan... just for the heck of it.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    umm...to be fair.

Weren't people essentially manipulating and basically screwing the system through an immense loophole to get into the SERO plan in the first place thus pushing things a lot farther with that kind of plan than Sprint has originally intended it to be?

I may be wrong here, but from what I understood that's how SERO started. Meant to be "friends and family" and basically was just people posting the information onto the web for anyone and everyone to use it, thus getting around the system and essentially abusing it because Sprint was actually trying to be flexible and nice to their employees.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    umm...to be fair.

Weren't people essentially manipulating and basically screwing the system through an immense loophole to get into the SERO plan in the first place thus pushing things a lot farther with that kind of plan than Sprint has originally intended it to be?

I may be wrong here, but from what I understood that's how SERO started. Meant to be "friends and family" and basically was just people posting the information onto the web for anyone and everyone to use it, thus getting around the system and essentially abusing it because Sprint was actually trying to be flexible and nice to their employees.
    Yes.
    So if you ask me.. Sprint should only allow NOW SERO customers, not incoming new ones =P
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Yes.
    So if you ask me.. Sprint should only allow NOW SERO customers, not incoming new ones =P
    Just want to point something out..

I don't think that will be a big problem because they've updated the new SERO prices to 59.99 for 500 mins and Unlimited Data and 79.99 for the next tier (I'm not 100% sure on the 79.99 price but I am sure about the 59.99 minimum). So the maximum one could save is 10 bucks.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to save 10 bucks, but that is an entirely different thing from the $30/500 mins thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Just another way to squeeze more money out... SERO was the best plan ever untill greed took over.
    Uh...ok. By average revenue per user stats, Sprint "squeezes" less money from their customers than any major carrier.

Is it "greed" when a starving man wants a square meal?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    LOL.

My point was more its kind of hollow and rather hypocritical to complain about "corporate greed" when you're upset that they may not allow you to keep a plan that was provided to the mainstream unethically and through loopholes by taking advantage of Sprint's actual desire to NOT be greedy but to provide a service to their employee's.

Its like if Starbucks gave out a few "free coffee" coupons to some of its employee's to give to their friends in hopes of raising morale and then those employees went to Kinkos, made hundreds of copies, and then just passed them out everywhere. Starbucks, despit realizing this, tries to be the nice guy and allow these coupons to be taken for a while but as they're about to roll out a new menu they prepare to say "We will now be using these new 'get one free' coupons and old ones won't work" and everyone going "YOU GREEDY COMPANY YOU!"
    I really don't know what anyone was supposed to get out of that. The only thing I learned was some of the plan options from Sprint... Which they could have tole me with one slide or one banner add, hell they could have even sent me an email.
    If this presentation was geared toward future Sprint investors I don't know what they were thinking. Anyone who learned anything during this presentation has no business trying to buy into Sprint b/c they obviously haven't done any homework as an investor...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Well we did get some more color on sprint's plans about plans, if nothing else:

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-pla...ts-not-webinar
    Will you keep going to this series of Webinars, if nothing new is being presented?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    LOL.

My point was more its kind of hollow and rather hypocritical to complain about "corporate greed" when you're upset that they may not allow you to keep a plan that was provided to the mainstream unethically and through loopholes by taking advantage of Sprint's actual desire to NOT be greedy but to provide a service to their employee's.

Its like if Starbucks gave out a few "free coffee" coupons to some of its employee's to give to their friends in hopes of raising morale and then those employees went to Kinkos, made hundreds of copies, and then just passed them out everywhere. Starbucks, despit realizing this, tries to be the nice guy and allow these coupons to be taken for a while but as they're about to roll out a new menu they prepare to say "We will now be using these new 'get one free' coupons and old ones won't work" and everyone going "YOU GREEDY COMPANY YOU!"
    A-greed
    Last edited by TomD; 03/12/2009 at 04:46 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Steve Jobs is laughing on his Death Star right now stroking his cat.

Full on LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uh...ok. By average revenue per user stats, Sprint "squeezes" less money from their customers than any major carrier.

Is it "greed" when a starving man wants a square meal?
    Nope, Mr. Madoff is not a starving man by any strech.

SERO was the cheapest plan of any carrier but now since they need and want to make money with the Pre they require you to "upgrade" plans...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    LOL.

You are extremely out-of-the-loop and offensive to be claiming people did unethical things to obtain their SERO plans. I, along with everyone I personally know with SERO, got in on Sprint's public promotion around December of '06. Everyone was eligible to sign up for the plan on their website using the referral e-mail savings@sprintemi.com. This was an e-mail that Sprint purposefully made public... not shady employees.

You are very very wrong about SERO. It was classic viral marketing scheme.

They opened that up to the general public just before the dumphone market hit saturation to try and get more desperately needed market share. Sprint would have been dead or bought out if it weren't for SERO.

I have six lines and one is a sero. Retention offered it to me without me knowing what it was.

I don't think they should offer it to SERO, but you are immensely mistaken. The "Greed" was all Sprints (and god for them).

"Friends and Family" sales are pumped all the time to the general public by sellers and that is what Sprint did.

Do you think you should have less of a warranty if you got a friends and family discount with GM when they were desperate?
    Last edited by aero; 03/12/2009 at 05:42 PM.
    wow ... some emotion around SERO. didn't expect that conversation in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    wow ... some emotion around SERO. didn't expect that conversation in this thread
    It isnt emotion. I have qualifying lines, and also one sero line.

I also said in jaunary the day of CES they would not allow it on SERO and didn't think they should.

It is the characterizing of SERO customers, without which Sprint would be a dead duck, as a) somehow greedy; or b) as scammers taking advantage of a program not offered to them, that is a crack up and highly inaccurate..

When Sprint opened up Sero to the masses they did it when their service reputation was bottom of the barrel for years running, when 3g was a risk, and they were asking people to commit to two years with a carrier in deep trouble
    Nope, Mr. Madoff is not a starving man by any strech.
    ???

SERO was the cheapest plan of any carrier but now since they need and want to make money with the Pre they require you to "upgrade" plans...
    Um, since so few people are legitimately qualified for SERO, why shouldn't there be? And if it's not that, it's someone else on here bragging about how they're still using an employee discount from some company their relative worked at for a month 10 years ago or whatever.

Look...I know it's the populist thing to view corporations as big, bad dens of greed and evil, but don't you find it more than a little ironic that people - the vast majority of which don't legitimately belong on these plans - are complaining about someone else's greed?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    After the webcast, I walked away, feeling not so excited about the Pre, perhaps even let down, to the point I stopped at Best Buy to look at the Pro. Perhaps the webinar was meant to frustrate the likes of us "Phone Geeks" and force us into the Pro, knowing very well that in a couple months when the Pre hits, we would most likely eBay the Pro and get a Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    Perhaps the webinar was meant to frustrate the likes of us "Phone Geeks" and force us into the Pro, knowing very well that in a couple months when the Pre hits, we would most likely eBay the Pro and get a Pre...
    The webinar wasn't aimed at you at all. it was aimed at investors, stakeholders etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Not many topics here actually stay on topic now a days lol.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    My thought on this webinar besides being disappointed...:

They clarified the one thing that I don't give a rats hairy **** about....the plan.

I am already on the 99 dollar plan, so I am good to go.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast