Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have just ahd this e-mail conversation Leslie is the PRPRPR $rep$ $for$ $Palm$. $What$ $a$ $let$ $down$

[name removed],
    The webinar is at capacity, but I assure you there is going to be no new news discussed. There will be reports on CNET and others if you want to tap into it.

Thanks,
    Leslie

-----Original Message-----

Subj: Pre Webcast
    Date: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 am
    Size: 380 bytes
    To: "Leslie Letts" <Leslie.Letts@palm.com>

Hello,
    I am a member of a large Pre community at Palm Pre Forum - Palm Pre Forum I was wondering if it is possible to get an invite to the webcast today as I would love to share this information with everybody in the community.

Thank you.
    --
    [removed]
    Eastern Michigan University

T [removed]
    E [removed]
    It's a 20 minute Webinar, not CES or some mega event where media galore will be around. Not sure where the great expectations came from in the first place...
    Well, if i'm sending out invites to all the tech media, then i'd have something more than what's been said to tell them. Otherwise, you're wasting their time..
  4.    #4  
    Exactly. What else could be going on today?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Well, if i'm sending out invites to all the tech media, then i'd have something more than what's been said to tell them. Otherwise, you're wasting their time..
    Thats how I feel too, but at the same time I feel like this would be a weird forum to be doing the announcement.
    Well, there have been new "tidbits" at every Palm event or demo thus far, but I think new "news" as in price, release date, and such will remain a mystery until Sprint is ready to roll. I'm pretty sure Palm didn't schedule this event to have people watch contacts being messaged and scrolled for 20 minutes.

Something (or things, most likely) will happen, but not of the earth-shaking variety. That seems to be all she is saying.
  7.    #7  
    Even if the news wasn't going to be huge you would think that they would give us SOMETHING according to Leslie there will be no new news.
    We'll see real soon, won't we?
  9.    #9  
    yes we will.
    there will be news.. Palm would not wate there time if there wasn't anything good to tell
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Leaked slides:

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/03/...r-doesnt-look/

Apparently the OP is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    looking at this right now !!!!!
    da Gimp

I'm only looking forward to the Q&A.
    Yeah, not good. The Q & A may have somethign after the slide show.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Leaked slides:

Exclusive: Slides from Sprint/Palm Webinar

Apparently the OP is correct.
    LOL did you doubt me? I have no reason to troll I am pretty upset about tbhis as well.
    not sure what people new news people are expecting. its also a bit absurd to think that they will announce a release in a webinar especially something as big as the phone that might save Palm?
    they've pretty much nixed anything on timing or price. Hope they can answer some questions or this will be a waste
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    LOL did you doubt me? I have no reason to troll I am pretty upset about tbhis as well.
    I doubted you ... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    not sure what people new news people are expecting. its also a bit absurd to think that they will announce a release in a webinar especially something as big as the phone that might save Palm?
    maybe it;s obsurd but not impossible
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Mega disappointments setting in... getting back to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Mega disappointments setting in... getting back to work.
    Same! Nice one Sprint/Palm

People are loosing intrest daily now!!!

Why does Palm do this so many times?? (700p MR, Pro, 700w->700wx)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast