Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Same! Nice one Sprint/Palm

People are loosing intrest daily now!!!

Why does Palm do this so many times?? (700p MR, Pro, 700w->700wx)
    I think its a bit of a stretch to say that when the only people who're losing interest are the same ones that set themselves up for disappointment. In other words, not having realistic expectations.

Come on. Apple is going to eat their lunch on the 17th if this weak presentation is all Palm can muster up.
    Apple is going to eat their lunch buzzwise regardless. That's the beauty of announcing something new for the first time.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post

Come on. Apple is going to eat their lunch on the 17th if this weak presentation is all Palm can muster up.
    So true. So true...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Gotta agree, after watching the live feed on precentral, Apple from the 17th on is going to generate as much if not more buzz than Palm/Sprint.

Palm and Sprint just don't seem to know how to market thier stuff. You invite a bunch of techie media people and give them NOTHING new. You tell them things they already know. You lead off with one of the first things you say in your presentation by dashing hopes for hearing some kind of time table or price?

This was just horribly, horribly executed.
    Nobody wants substantial new Pre news more than I do, but I never expected it from a 20-minute Webinar, and I wouldn't compare it to a live in-person Apple event either.

That said, yes, I have been very disappointed in the question and answer portion thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I think its a bit of a stretch to say that when the only people who're losing interest are the same ones that set themselves up for disappointment. In other words, not having realistic expectations.
    No way, anybody who has their upgrade up will really think this is pathetic that they can't give up a date and just go to something else.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ What is even more pathetic is that Engadget and Gizmodo aren't even covering this event, even they though got invites to it. What a shame...

However, they will be both be live-blogging the iPhone OS 3.0 announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ^ What is even more pathetic is that Engadget and Gizmodo aren't even covering this event, even they though got invites to it. What a shame...

Palm: Pre Available First Half of 2009, Pricing Plans Confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    No way, anybody who has their upgrade up will really think this is pathetic that they can't give up a date and just go to something else.
    Speaking as one of these people, I have no intention of "just going to something else."
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

That is because they knew that there was nothing new here.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Not live.
    Not live.
    Perhaps because they took a look at this being a 20-minute Webinar and correctly deduced that it wouldn't be worth it to do so?

Again, the Apple event is a live in-person event, and so it should be covered as such. When Palm did the same, it was covered appropriately. This is a Webinar in which you can't even ask questions directly. BIG difference.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ O.K. The point is just that tech media is more interested in Apple's announcement, and part of the problem is lack of any new info coming out of Sprint / Palm.
    What a waste of time...seriously.
    ^ O.K. The point is just that tech media is more interested in Apple's announcement, and part of the problem is lack of any new info coming out of Sprint / Palm.
    Palm didnt help themselves here. I cant think of a better way to **** off the tech media you invite then to spoon feed them the same PRPRPR $speak$ $they$ $all$ $got$ $at$ $CES$ $with$ $an$ $extra$ $helping$ $of$ $Sprint$ $propaganda$.

Look at the reaction when Pre was revealed. The media wants to love this thing. But if Palm doesnt give them something to work with they are going to lose interest.
    A colossal waste of time. Seriously.

I need to buy three new phones soon...and was going with three G1s until I heard about the Pre at CES...but I can't wait any longer...at least without a fairly firm release date. G1s here we come.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Speaking as one of these people, I have no intention of "just going to something else."
    You must be one of the few. I would have gotten an iPhone already if I was like most of the world but I know better that is is a piece of junk
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Well, as Dieter mentioned, (and I guessed in a comment back when things were first announced), we weren't the target audience here. I would be willing to bet that a lot of the attendees of this were more mainstream media than tech sites and blogs. These are people who probably weren't following CES and MWC as closely as we were.

I also think that Palm wasn't prepared for Apple to make any announcements today, and so they definitely thought that they'd be the top tech news for the day (a big miscalculation there, but it happens).

And as for sounding like I wasn't believing the OP, I wasn't disagreeing with him, but IF Palm had been planning on releasing new news today anyway, they surely wouldn't have told someone who was complaining to them about not being allowed in on the coverage.
    Most juicy tidbit of info I got was Dieter's May 10th prediction.

Also that the phone will have a MIRROR! OMG!!!! Can't wait!!! (I kid)
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast