View Poll Results: What new info (if any) will we get at the webcast tomorrow?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release date

23 32.39%
  • Price

18 25.35%
  • Plan options (Simply everything/SERO/etc)

11 15.49%
  • Battery Life

8 11.27%
  • More new features

20 28.17%
  • Other

6 8.45%
  • Nothing new.. sprint/palm just trying to mess with us

30 42.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know most of us are pretty skeptical about news now-a-days, so I'm wondering what are people's thoughts on new stuff that will come out tomorrow during the webcast. To me it seems like 20 minutes will be just enough time to make one really big announcement and not likely a big presentation on features. What do you think?
    <<edited by berd>> RELEASE DATE!! Wishful thinking probably...
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/12/2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    <<edited by berd>> RELEASE DATE!! Wishful thinking probably...
    We're all with you on that one :-P Honestly I don't have much faith in it, but I really can't think of what else they could possibly talk about in 20 minutes.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/12/2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: inappropriate language quote
    there's an announcement tomorrow? I stopped paying attention. When something important is announced, I'm sure we'll all hear about it. Until then, zzzzzzzzz....
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    at this point i'm already sold on all the hardware and software specs of the pre...all i really want to know now is the release date and price.
    I played with one of my customers iphones today, just to get a feel for that capacitive screen. My verdict on that phone is...that's nice, but no thanks! It didn't really feel as fast as I thought it would and while the menu navigating and up and down scrolling worked perfectly fine, I absolutely hated the software keyboard. I find the one on my Sprint Touch far superior!

Uhm so, my point was that I am sold on the phone as well, because I like how easy the capacitive screen can be navigated, and that I get a real keyboard to type with.

Show us a new build of the phone is what I am asking...show us what the Sprint dress of the Pre will look like, give us a damn release date!

Any or all of that would make me happy.
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyz28 View Post
    i played with one of my customers iphones today, just to get a feel for that capacitive screen. My verdict on that phone is...that's nice, but no thanks! It didn't really feel as fast as i thought it would and while the menu navigating and up and down scrolling worked perfectly fine, i absolutely hated the software keyboard. I find the one on my sprint touch far superior!

Uhm so, my point was that i am sold on the phone as well, because i like how easy the capacitive screen can be navigated, and that i get a real keyboard to type with.

Show us a new build of the phone is what i am asking...show us what the sprint dress of the pre will look like, give us a damn release date!

Any or all of that would make me happy.
    +1........
  8.    #8  
    i'm actually surprised by how many people think a release date is really going to be announced tomorrow. I hate to say it, but I'm not expecting that, but if you guys are right, then I'll be jumping for joy! Another question I have is if they do announce the date, and it turns out to be late June, would you be more disappointed that they announced it?
    My friend saw the magic email...I am hoping they will stick to it. If not...oh well, it will come out eventually.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    My friend saw the magic email...I am hoping they will stick to it. If not...oh well, it will come out eventually.
    which magic email?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Universal (accessible from anywhere), programmable Gesture QuickLauncher as shortcut to apps:

Curly-cue to bring up calendars.
    Swizzle for notes.
    Circle with tail for photos.
    Two finger check-mark for mail.
    Four-finger press for telephone.
    etc.

(OK, I doubt that would be announced, but wouldnt it be a cool app idea?)
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    which magic email?
    Basically the same info 3x posted... first half of April. I will find out tomorrow if he was pulling my leg or if he can actually show me the email.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Basically the same info 3x posted... first half of April. I will find out tomorrow if he was pulling my leg or if he can actually show me the email.
    Sounds cool. Let us know as soon as you can!
    Even though some have said it's unlikely,
    I'm really stumped at what 'New' there is to say, except a date.
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I know what you mean. The only thing i can think of in terms of features would be a surprise is some storage bump or microSD card slot that was magically added. For software, I guess they could talk about the app store or something like that, but I would think they'd allocate more than 20 minutes if they wanted to go into any kinds of details about 3rd party apps and that sort of thing. Thats why I'm hopeful about a release date/price announcement but the fact that they're going to have more than one of these webcasts makes me think its just more general info and not much else new.
    Last edited by schnoid; 03/12/2009 at 02:28 AM.
    i'm actually surprised by how many people think a release date is really going to be announced tomorrow. I hate to say it, but I'm not expecting that, but if you guys are right, then I'll be jumping for joy! Another question I have is if they do announce the date, and it turns out to be late June, would you be more disappointed that they announced it?
    Yes because if they say late June, I'll start looking at other phones now.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think a window, say "April-May", is more likely than a date, with April being the target if all goes well.

There is a lot new, as this is Sprints first pop at discussing the phone themselves.
    I'm sure they can find a new thing or two to demo. I don't see much else. If they simply do a rehash then that's an insult to wasting people's time. One theory behind this whole thing is to keep the buzz going in this deadtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm sure they can find a new thing or two to demo. I don't see much else. If they simply do a rehash then that's an insult to wasting people's time. One theory behind this whole thing is to keep the buzz going in this deadtime.
    I agree...especially considering who they invited....it's not like the crowd attending don't know anything about the Pre yet, if anything, the crowd attending and invited is the most critical crowd to begin with. If all they would do is rehash CES, it would lead to bad press by all the tech blogs, not buzz, as intended.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I know what you mean. The only thing i can think of in terms of features would be a surprise is some storage bump or microSD card slot that was magically added. For software, I guess they could talk about the app store or something like that, but I would think they'd allocate more than 20 minutes if they wanted to go into any kinds of details about 3rd party apps and that sort of thing. Thats why I'm hopeful about a release date/price announcement but the fact that they're going to have more than one of these webcasts makes me think its just more general info and not much else new.
    I am hoping that they add 16 Gig. Which is not a big deal for them ( another 10 bucks to the cost) but it is for all of us.
    All the folks who are not happy with the Micro SD will be satisfied.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast