View Poll Results: What new info (if any) will we get at the webcast tomorrow?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release date

23 32.39%
  • Price

18 25.35%
  • Plan options (Simply everything/SERO/etc)

11 15.49%
  • Battery Life

8 11.27%
  • More new features

20 28.17%
  • Other

6 8.45%
  • Nothing new.. sprint/palm just trying to mess with us

30 42.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Watch, they are going to demo Sprint TV.

I am already lighting my torch
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I'm getting excited. I think they have to say something new. Showing the actual Sprint build of the phone would be pretty new, especially if they discuss some of the Sprint features (Sprint TV, etc.) Perhaps some new color schemes too (though that would hardly impress this crowd much)?

But if they're going to get all these respected tech journalists together, it's got to be pretty good, or they'll really shoot themselves in the foot. Perhaps a demonstration of Roger McNamee's location/calendar features?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    yea i'm guess they just going to show the sprint-ware and maybe talk up the network and services.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am hoping that they add 16 Gig. Which is not a big deal for them ( another 10 bucks to the cost) but it is for all of us.
    All the folks who are not happy with the Micro SD will be satisfied.
    Not unless that 16 Gig is removable. And I would, of course, prefer that some be built in and some be removable.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I never saw the advantage in expandable memory. More memory, sure. But I need to have all of it built-in. I refuse to wait for the data to load each time.

But 8 gigs is enough, I estimate that I'll only fill 4-5 gigs with all my current stuff, and won't reach 8 gigs for a while.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ Data doesn't have to "load each time". I have an 8 gig MicroSD card that I use with my Touch and I don't see any difference between that and the built-in memory (which is only around 150 megs). In fact, I install almost all of my applications to the card, and not internal memory.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdfierro View Post
    I never saw the advantage in expandable memory. More memory, sure. But I need to have all of it built-in. I refuse to wait for the data to load each time.

But 8 gigs is enough, I estimate that I'll only fill 4-5 gigs with all my current stuff, and won't reach 8 gigs for a while.
    The big point your missing is that most people wanting removable memory use it for on the run backups. I personally just want the option to use larger memory cards as they come out cause music and movies take A LOT of space!
    The card slot thing aint happening..not on this device anyways, so its kind of pointless to keep going back and forth on it.

What i want is desktop syncing and not have to pay 50 dollars for it. Desktop Sync Software Coming to Palm's webOS

It just appears that it only starts with the price of the Pre. Touchstone, desktop sync, plus whatever i'm not thinking of could be pricey addons.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Some of the issues people have with the Pre are the same issues many people had/have with the iPhone. I guess that's what you get when you hire iPhone people.
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyz28 View Post
    i played with one of my customers iphones today, just to get a feel for that capacitive screen. My verdict on that phone is...that's nice, but no thanks! It didn't really feel as fast as i thought it would and while the menu navigating and up and down scrolling worked perfectly fine, i absolutely hated the software keyboard. I find the one on my sprint touch far superior!

Uhm so, my point was that i am sold on the phone as well, because i like how easy the capacitive screen can be navigated, and that i get a real keyboard to type with.

Show us a new build of the phone is what i am asking...show us what the sprint dress of the pre will look like, give us a damn release date!

Any or all of that would make me happy.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i'm actually surprised by how many people think a release date is really going to be announced tomorrow. I hate to say it, but I'm not expecting that, but if you guys are right, then I'll be jumping for joy! Another question I have is if they do announce the date, and it turns out to be late June, would you be more disappointed that they announced it?
    Honestly? I would just be glad to have a date to look forward to, even if it turns out to be June 30. "First half of the year" is just to vague...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13.    #33  
    To all the people that guessed "nothing new" you win! I'm not shocked at all, but I'm extremely pissed that they would purposefully waste everyone's time like that. Anyone that attended that webcast obviously knew every single thing that they talked about and have reported on it thoroughly. This was majorly stupid!
    to all the people that guessed "nothing new" you win! I'm not shocked at all, but i'm extremely pissed that they would purposefully waste everyone's time like that.
    +1
    to all the people that guessed "nothing new" you win! I'm not shocked at all, but i'm extremely pissed that they would purposefully waste everyone's time like that. Anyone that attended that webcast obviously knew every single thing that they talked about and have reported on it thoroughly. This was majorly stupid!
    +2
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    To all the people that guessed "nothing new" you win! I'm not shocked at all, but I'm extremely pissed that they would purposefully waste everyone's time like that. Anyone that attended that webcast obviously knew every single thing that they talked about and have reported on it thoroughly. This was majorly stupid!
    +3

I guessed nothing new. Despite my hopes.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    +4

I just like doing the '+ number' thing.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    i just like doing the '+ number' thing.
    +1
    -(- 1)
  20.    #40  
    +1.... o wait, I was the one that wrote it in the first place. :-P I seriously feel like this community is the only reason I even care about the Pre anymore. Palm/Sprint have totally dropped the ball.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast