12 19.05%
  • Other

16 25.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    What is the biggest thing that will stop you from buying the pre
    Price
    Short battery life. If this thing only lasts like 6 or 7 hours with regular usuage (a few phone calls, internet, lots of texting, emailo/data usage, etc), then forget it!
    Plan. They will have to pry me off of SERO. I will hate not getting the Pre, but if the cost of the plan is big then I will try to resist.
    Same with me. I won't leave my SERO plan. Neither will anyone else I personally know on a SERO plan. Not for any phone.
    Battery life is what I'm scared of the most.

Pricing would also be an issue if I wasn't already completely sold.

I'll be getting this phone no matter what though. The thing could function as well as two cans and a string, yet I will still be sporting one out of the principle that I've been following it so closely.
    The pre actually is just two cans and a string. They are inside the black casing that we have all become so familiar with. You just open it up to get the cans and string out
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Price is the main thing for me if it is priced over $300 i'll have to pass it up.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Plan. I'm not on SERO. However, I'm grandfathered into a very good plan. I see no reason to add $20 but cut my minutes by 65%, or add $40 a month to my bill. I already have unlimited Data. I'd love the phone, but the cost will be too high if I have to change my plan.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    SERO is nice, but I think my 20% employee discount outweighs any savings I'd enjoy with SERO. I just hope the Pre comes out before I leave the company I have my discount with. If not, then SERO it is.

I'd have to say battery life, but I'm buying this phone no matter what. But I honestly don't think Palm is dumb enough to release this phone with bad battery life.
    Being able to use my current plan is important, but considering I'm not on SERO, I think i'll be safe. Besides that, the battery life will definitely make or break it. If I can't get through most of the day without charging it, I might as well throw it away. Doesn't matter what features it has if I can't use them! The nice part is even if the battery life isn't top notch for day one, I would guess there will be 3rd party batteries that will bring the Pre up to a reasonable battery life. I still have faith that Palm won't be that stupid though.
    No Verizon...some way to solve the lack of desktop app that is easy and works well. Those are my deal breakers.
    Price and release date are the two things that will ruin all sales IMO.

If it is $99-$200 and released before June I think it will be a very sucessful launch.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    simply data plans
    Only thing i can think of is performance. If it crashes every 5min, its going back.
    Performance is one way to say it.

My concern is QUALITY overall. I lived through bluetooth, lag, resets and more on my 700p and they waited for a year to "fix" the problems. They were better but not fixed.

My wife got a Centro. It's much better but still the bluetooth stinks.

Basically, it looks great on paper and in demos but if it resets, if Synergy screws up my contacts or calendar, if it has some reception or sound quality problems, etc... I am going to be ticked off.

It looks great so I am giving Palm another chance ( I have had 7 Palms so far but the 700p was it for me) but my patience will be very short. I like Sprint but both Palm and Sprint could lose me forever if they blow this thing.
    Biggest unknown?

How fast is the processor? How does it compare to that of the 755p?
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Battery life is what I'm scared of the most.

Pricing would also be an issue if I wasn't already completely sold.

I'll be getting this phone no matter what though. The thing could function as well as two cans and a string, yet I will still be sporting one out of the principle that I've been following it so closely.
    you say that now, and the day after you get the Pre when the novelty wears off, it'll be on Ebay!

For me its battery life. I don't mind charging everyday, but not if its going to be dead by 4pm.
    The unknowns are my dealbreaker...
    When will it be released..
    What Apps will be available...
    What kind of new OS issues will there be...
    How will the "cloud" sync work?
    I ordered a Pro today.
    Unknown? If palm pulls an "Apple" and releases version 2 months after with more features LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast