Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I gave it a quick review, not much new stuff but it's still an interesting read for lack of any other info....

Comparing the iPhone and its Top Challengers (usnews.com)
    I don't agree with putting networks in like at&t or verizon as pluses over sprint. Just leave em off..they vary so much for different people.

It's not consistent. If lack of a card slot is a con for the Pre, then it should be for the iphone.

Other things like editing office docs, on the pro list for the Storm, should be on the Pre.

Basically you can't do these comparisons well without a released Pre to review.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I didn't think it was well thought out analysis either, for example, if the author is going to "bash" Sprint for poor CS in the past then he/she should also mention that Sprint has been making great improvements in this area. On the other hand I really don't think this was meant to be a detailed analysis, it's just a article about current events
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I don't agree with putting networks in like at&t or verizon as pluses over sprint. Just leave em off..they vary so much for different people.
    +1! Thanks for pointing that out. To me AT&T and Verizon are major negatives! The price and quality of those services are the reason I still have my Sprint Treo 755p. I'm personally very happy with Sprint. Those that have issues with it were probably paying ridiculous amounts of money for their service.

It's obvious by that article that whoever wrote it didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
    totally biased man.

i like how they left out a con *No slot for expandable memory for the iPhone.
    and trust me AT&T isnt known for its customer service.
    Pro for iphone..best mobile browser. That remains to be seen after the Pre comes out. After all it is called WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I gave it a quick review, not much new stuff but it's still an interesting read for lack of any other info....

Comparing the iPhone and its Top Challengers (usnews.com)
    I thought the article was pretty good. People with iphones are bound to see this as biased against iphone, same with storm buyers and same with pre boosters.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Pro for iphone..best mobile browser. That remains to be seen after the Pre comes out. After all it is called WebOS.
    Totally agree,
    Browser is a deal breaker for me to buy the Pre. I am not much interested in all the features ( cards, universal search , multi threading ..... etc).
    When you have browser , you can do pretty much most of the things like, watching videos , listening to songs , online shopping , just about anything that you do on the computer.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I thought the article was pretty good. People with iphones are bound to see this as biased against iphone, same with storm buyers and same with pre boosters.
    Why on earth STORM is brought in to the picture :-) , I don't get it.

The browser sucks , the typing is a nightmare, crashes on a regular basis.
    IMHO this is the most hyped undercooked phone.
    I give SAMSUNG Instinct high rate than the STORM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    +1! Thanks for pointing that out. To me AT&T and Verizon are major negatives! The price and quality of those services are the reason I still have my Sprint Treo 755p. I'm personally very happy with Sprint. Those that have issues with it were probably paying ridiculous amounts of money for their service.

It's obvious by that article that whoever wrote it didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
    I was with Sprint for 10+ years, then I switched to VZW to "take advantage" of a family plan with my wife, but soon found out that the data plan was killing me. I don't use my Centro for voice calls too often, so I went back to Sprint and I'm happy I did because I was able to get on a SERO 500 $30 plan. I coudln't be happier to be back with Sprint. I'm sure I won't be able to use my SERO plan with the Pre, so I'll probably end up getting a second line.

There's no way I can give up my SERO plan! If I don't have to. SERO is my HERO!
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    "Removable battery and video capture pluses over the iPhone"

I thought the Pre doesn't do video capture at launch, maybe in the future.
    Man, had I written it, the Cons for iPhone would have been 3x that length.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Why on earth STORM is brought in to the picture :-) , I don't get it.

The browser sucks , the typing is a nightmare, crashes on a regular basis.
    IMHO this is the most hyped undercooked phone.
    I give SAMSUNG Instinct high rate than the STORM.
    The Storm was undercooked for sure but the last official OS upgrade and leaked OS changed the device substantially. I have not had a crash in a very long time. The browser is behind Safari but it really is not bad. My Storm has essentially replaced my laptop at home for browsing. The typing is awesome and I am as fast with the Storm as I ever was with my Treos and BBs in the past.

With that said, I hope the Pre is great and available for SERO customers so I can pick it up for wifey since she got my passed down 700P. I will stick with my Storm and VZW.