Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ummmmm... Real, or fake? Anyone got the cash to burn? (Not this goat, has to buy wedding ring for girlfriend)

EXCLUSIVE Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 220375735987 end time Mar-17-09 11:10:19 PDT)
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Hmm I'd say its fake but the guy has been a member since 2003.
  3.    #3  
    This came from the Sprint Users forum. There's a question if it's fake or not. eBay is not the place to BS people though. So we'll see. If these are legit then this Goat has a good feeling Pre's will be in our hands fairly soon.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Directional_Pad: Four-way (with action button)
    Recordable-Video-Formats: 3GPP, 3GPP2

Really??
    I dont think it has a directional pad, it has a gesture area.
    and i thought it doesnt record videos....yet.

then it says....

Cellular+Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS1900, UMTS2100
    Cellular;Data;Links: CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA

wheres CDMA?
  5.    #5  
    Hmmmm... Disclaimer at the bottom reserves the right to end auction due to local availability.

Also, there are no pics of this thing that are not already on the web. Got a feeling this is bull, it's one of the guys from the Sprint Forums just trying to make a point I suspect.

Would be nice though.

Update: Sent him an eBay message saying that I'm interested in buying product. But I need actual pics of phone and box that are not related to CES, MWC, or announcement. I doubt I'll be hearing anything back on this one.
    Last edited by PedroTheGoat; 03/10/2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Update
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    wow, this Pre must have the newest technology where it can work on the quad GSM band as well as Sprint's CDMA!

But as you all know, once it starts popping up on Ebay, the release is close, maybe but not likely next month, possibly May, but only time will tell.

I bet this auction will end early due to Palm contacting Ebay like many other hotly anticipated handsets like some blackberries.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I also sent the question of how he has them via eBay... I am highly skeptical!
  8.    #8  
    ^Me too. Got a feeling this is total bull.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this seller actually had some Pre's. Don't discredit them so fast...I sent a message as well, and if I had the money, I probably would buy it. What have you got to lose? Paypal transactions are protected. You can always get your money back if you don't receive the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Hmmmm... Disclaimer at the bottom reserves the right to end auction due to local availability.

Also, there are no pics of this thing that are not already on the web. Got a feeling this is bull, it's one of the guys from the Sprint Forums just trying to make a point I suspect.

Would be nice though.

Update: Sent him an eBay message saying that I'm interested in buying product. But I need actual pics of phone and box that are not related to CES, MWC, or announcement. I doubt I'll be hearing anything back on this one.
    Goat, I don't access to ebay at my hospital, (every other site though) what is is location? (in the states)? How many units does he have and what is the auction up to? (how much to buy the phone)
  11.    #11  
    Watch the phone launch on March 15th. That would be the most awesome suprise in the world.

(Do not worry... It ain't happenin')
    Well, considering that at least one person in China I think it was got a GSM one (I assume right off the assembly line) it's possible this could be perfectly legit.

I'm not saying I believe it, but it's possible.

Edit: Nevermind, the guy lists Sprint in one section, GSM in another, I'd bet it's BS almost definitely.
  13.    #13  
    Morningstar » Availability says 5. Bid starts ąt 499.99. Buy now for 1000.00
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ok...got a response! They said they have friends "in high places". I also JUST received the Palm twitter stating:

RT @jbtaylor Call me crazy, but I think maybe @jimmyfallon & @joshuatopolsky w/ @Engadget kinda like the Palm Pre were launching soon.

If there is anything resembling sarcasm in a text message...this is good news!
  15.    #15  
    Jhoff » True, but he says it's for the Sprint network. ???
  16.    #16  
    Haw! He responded to my question with:

"Dear pedrothegoat3,

Those pictures are are me using the phone and I have posted them all over the internet because everyone always wants to see the actual phone. I can guarentee this item is real!"

Ummmm, yeah. Anyone want to take a look at ANY of the pictures he's posted and tell me that they aren't from CES? I've seen every one of those pics before. Sorry, I'm not believing this one until someone receives a Pre in the mail. How frustrating! If this is BS then this guy is a serious headcase, Mommy and Daddy didn't pay enough attention to him/her as a child.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    He's not the first and he won't be the last. Remember, even with sellers with hundreds or thousands of feedbacks, their account could be hijacked and used without their permission. Don't just blindly buy something and expect your money back knowing its a scam. There's still the hassle of filing claims and reports that its not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, considering that at least one person in China I think it was got a GSM one (I assume right off the assembly line) it's possible this could be perfectly legit.

I'm not saying I believe it, but it's possible.

Edit: Nevermind, the guy lists Sprint in one section, GSM in another, I'd bet it's BS almost definitely.
    That guy from China was full of it. he sent pictures to one person and the photo was not of the Pre. I doubt that he got any sales at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Haw! He responded to my question with:

"Dear pedrothegoat3,

Those pictures are are me using the phone and I have posted them all over the internet because everyone always wants to see the actual phone. I can guarentee this item is real!"

Ummmm, yeah. Anyone want to take a look at ANY of the pictures he's posted and tell me that they aren't from CES? I've seen every one of those pics before. Sorry, I'm not believing this one until someone receives a Pre in the mail. How frustrating! If this is BS then this guy is a serious headcase, Mommy and Daddy didn't pay enough attention to him/her as a child.
    Lol, have to laugh on his response ( I guarantee it!)? I guess one way to believe the guy is too have him meet you at the local "Starbucks"
    Lol our hopes were up for a bit till you got that last response!
    I certainly do not want to wait till June 30 to grab this phone and it would be super nice if Palm did indeed make it a "world phone" like the BB 8830 or Sprint's Ace I-325, but Palm would have mentioned that already if that were the case. Palm would has a guaranteed "Home Run" and I will quit bashing Palm for 60 days if that is true?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    The guy says he has activated a couple of other Pre's this morning. He may very well be telling the truth. It's crazy, but I am actually thinking about bidding. The thing is, I don't really want a pre-production version that is not fully functional. I also want the full retail packaging. Finally, I am due for all the juicy Sprint discounts, so I really should be patient. Still...the thought that I could have a Pre NOW....

EDIT: As I wrote this the guy responded saying it DOES have the full retail packaging...that might suggest that a launch date is sooner than we may think...
    Last edited by gjlowe; 03/10/2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Update
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast