Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why would you report the listing to palm? Seems if someone actually does believe the listing, then they deserve to deal with the hassle of getting their money back. In the almost zero chance that this person actually does have some Pres then yay for whoever bought it.

As for when the Pre is coming out, i'm starting to think a release before May is very unlikely after reading all these stock related statements from Palm. Unless they have 100's of thousands of Pres already made and are now expecting to need millions within the first few months.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Why would you report the listing to palm? Seems if someone actually does believe the listing, then they deserve to deal with the hassle of getting their money back. In the almost zero chance that this person actually does have some Pres then yay for whoever bought it.

As for when the Pre is coming out, i'm starting to think a release before May is very unlikely after reading all these stock related statements from Palm. Unless they have 100's of thousands of Pres already made and are now expecting to need millions within the first few months.
    Agreed, May is starting to look like an early release to me.

Maybe I shouldn't have reported it. I just didn't think it would be fair to someone not as obsessed as us to actually buy the product after that guy claimed that all the pictures were of him. Someone not as familiar with the phone may have gotten hustled... And that wouldn't be cool.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Or maybe, they have their finished product, have a good amount to roll out on the first wave, and figured "why owe money to our investors, when we can pay them now, and make all the money towards this first wave go to the 2nd, 3rd and (hopefully) beyond" ??
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I didn't report it as a tattle-tale type of a thing. I simply asked what @palm_inc thought of the listing. I guess either way it is "reporting" it.
  5.    #45  
    I tattle-taled. If he would have been legit then I wouldn't have. I just don't like seeing the uninformed get screwed over because someone needs the attention.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I believe the item(s) were pulled off of eBay, the item(s) no longer exists.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    B-model » Thanks friend!

I think one girl did actually buy one on the Sprint Forums before the eBay listing got closed. May have been a double profile though.

Maybe the girl will magically receive one, then she'll post all sorts of fun pics all over the place. If not, all of this went nowhere fast. Goat fixed the situation with the quickness. ¤flex¤

It's a shame. Would have been wonderful if the listing was real. It would have meant that we were drawing VERY near to an actual release. No dice though.
    imagie that? we're over her knmocking the listing and somone who went for it actually go the phone ? Woulnd;t we be the dopey ones

Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    I believe the item(s) were pulled off of eBay, the item(s) no longer exists.
    it's gone dude .. .long gone. You need to read the rest of the thread ;-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    Or maybe, they have their finished product, have a good amount to roll out on the first wave, and figured "why owe money to our investors, when we can pay them now, and make all the money towards this first wave go to the 2nd, 3rd and (hopefully) beyond" ??
    Yeah, I also heard all Sprint stores are already stocked with thousands of the Pre sitting in the retail box just waiting to be sold!

Seriously, the line between setting yourself up for disappointment and just being plain naive is pretty blurry.
    It looks like EBay is gearing up to sell the Pre:

Palm Pre Sprint Nextel: items on eBay.com
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

nice
    good find.
    They list the average new price as $227.50...maybe times 3 on EBay!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    i am expecting first week release of ebay sales $800-$900 for the palm pre outright.

free world economy at its best!
    That doesn't mean anything. First off, "ebay" doesn't sell anything, except auctions. Ebay hosts individual sellers who want to sell things. This is just a dummy listing that individual sellers can use in their own auctions. And the average new and used prices are just guesses, since there aren't any actually for sale on ebay.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I see some guy that will 28 Pre's at launch for 650.00 each. ID 260413425614. I'm gettin one! So only 27 left!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I spotted a PRE on Ebay for $650.00 Auction owner has 28 available!! I may have to jump on one of these! Free overnight shipping on the 9th!

Palm Pre (Sprint Nextel) - eBay (item 260413425614 end time May-29-09 06:58:49 PDT)

WOOT WOOT!!
  17. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtayler View Post
    I spotted a PRE on Ebay for $650.00 Auction owner has 28 available!! I may have to jump on one of these! Free overnight shipping on the 9th!

Palm Pre (Sprint Nextel) - eBay (item 260413425614 end time May-29-09 06:58:49 PDT)

WOOT WOOT!!
    Okay, so you are willing to pay $650 for something you could get for as low as $200, and you're not even getting it early since the seller says he'll get them on the 8th and send them on the 9th. Also he writes this:

"**Note** Per eBay's guidlines I have 30 days to deliver you the product from the date sold."

I will be happy to have Sprint ship mine out ($0 shipping/activation) on the 6th or whenever and mail in my rebate and not pay $650.
    Now it's up to $1,000. LOL
    Wow...yeah man...that makes no sense.

Unless you like paying more than triple for something, and not even get it super early....you'll be 3 days late to the party!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    That's if you are a new customer or your 2 year is up! I have 14 months left...I will have to pay 550.00 at the store...I do NOT want to sleep outside to get one...I will pay the extra 100.00 not to! lol
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast