1.    #1  
    Pretty much the same stuff, however there are a couple of new things that i hadn't heard. One being the linking together of contacts and the other being itunes syncing. I wonder if Apple knows about that. Sounds like he mis-spoke to me. Enjoy!

Palm Pre First Look Video Review by Which Phone Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    ************One being the linking together of contacts and the other being itunes syncing. I wonder if Apple knows about that. Sounds like he mis-spoke to me. Enjoy! [/url]
    Oh I don't know, I reckon if Palm are smart, they would make the pre totally seamless for iPhone/iPod/Apple users. I'm not sure how proprietary an iTunes library is, I currently have my iTunes library on a readynas duo shared with all my libraries via firefly... :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Blackberries can also sync to iTunes. Obviously not DRM'd content but it is open to some extent.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    it doesn't sound like he misspoke to me, yay, iTunes syncing
  5.    #5  
    If the Pre CAN sync with itunes, i really hope that it will be able to handle podcasts. That would make this the perfect device for me.
    He also said it's not 3G?

These people are high.
    Yea. In the first minute of that video he says the Pre isn't a 3G device and runs on a new operating system... "PalmOS". XD
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    They (a Palm rep) did say at CES (not quoting verbatim here) "..and yes, it does work with your iTunes collection" but it was said in a manner that to suggested me a sort of layperson response suggestive of the Pre essentially being just "compatible with the mp3s in your iTunes library" and not actually "syncable via iTunes like an iPhone or iPod".

I would NOT place much faith in the iTunes part...especially since Palm was stressing the cross-platform compatability & ease of the USB mass storage compliance of dragging & dropping files to the Pre.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    This isn't the first I've heard of the iTunes compatibility. I was gonna include it in the Palm one-liners post, but (A) I couldn't find the video where it was mentioned before though it was this same CES presenter, and (B) it could very well just be "compatible" in the sense you can copy&paste iTunes-downloaded music to the Pre's flash drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    This isn't the first I've heard of the iTunes compatibility. I was gonna include it in the Palm one-liners post, but (A) I couldn't find the video where it was mentioned before though it was this same CES presenter, and (B) it could very well just be "compatible" in the sense you can copy&paste iTunes-downloaded music to the Pre's flash drive.
    It was this video.

even if the Pre syncs with iTunes, it won't be the same type of syncing as you do with your iphone/ipods.

I was fooled when the blackberry bold came out saying the same thing, but it essentially just copies the non DRM music from your music folder to the phone and it is pretty crappy to say the least. I believe the Pre is similar in fashion.

Didn't they also mention that you can buy music directly from Amazon OTA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It was this video.

Thx, yea that was the one

Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Didn't they also mention that you can buy music directly from Amazon OTA?
    Yep