Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the pre can geotag photos? I really haven't heard anything about the pre's gps functions, except for it being "only usable in the usa"(CDMA version of course). This would be a killer function for me because i travel a lot and want to keep track of where i have taken my pictures.

    geotagging: Geotagging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by crazyazn23; 03/10/2009 at 05:16 PM.
  2. #2  
    this feature is pretty common nowadays if your phone has a cam and gps, I really don't see the Pre not having this function.
  3. Modular's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #3  
    I can confirm that it will have Geotagging
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I can confirm that it will have Geotagging
    Where did you obtain the confirmation?
  5. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I can confirm that it will have Geotagging
    I can confirm anything you want.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Where did you obtain the confirmation?
    educated guess? I cant think of a phone in the last year or so that had GPS that cant do geotagging.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    educated guess? I cant think of a phone in the last year or so that had GPS that cant do geotagging.
    I would also assume the phone has it. But a "confirmation" is far from an educated guess.

    I think I read an article or watched a video where it was confirmed. But I cannot remember where I had come across it.
  8. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #8  
    well the guy/gal has been confirming a few things so maybe he/she knows something we don't most seem GPS related...
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    this feature is pretty common nowadays if your phone has a cam and gps, I really don't see the Pre not having this function.
    I would totally have to disagree with you on that, many phones on sprint, verzion, at&t have locked any 3rd party or even the OS's use of the gps chip!! As evidenced by jeepx: GPS Discoveries: Qualcomm GPS API restricted on Sprint phones You can only use it with the network's data assisted gps app, therefore crippling it from any other uses. The reason i'm bring this up, is because, as we all know. Most of the apps will use webkit (HTML5/JAVA), so the use of the gps chip will require a particular level of accesses to the linq SQL. Which most developers do not have accesses too!! SO.... case and point, other gps functions MUST be granted on Palm's development side to be able to use it for other than assisted turn by turn nav.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Does anyone know if the pre can geotag photos? I really haven't heard anything about the pre's gps functions, except for it being "only usable in the usa"(CDMA version of course). This would be a killer function for me because i travel a lot and want to keep track of where i have taken my pictures.]
    This is extremely common now a days. you don't need to do it at api level on wm
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    SO.... case and point, other gps functions MUST be granted on Palm's development side to be able to use it for other than assisted turn by turn nav.
    no.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Most of the apps will use webkit (HTML5/JAVA), so the use of the gps chip will require a particular level of accesses to the linq SQL. Which most developers do not have accesses too!!
    I read or saw a video where the Palm reps stated that some developers/partners have been given an SDK with a little deeper access than the one the public will receive.

Posting Permissions