Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41  
    The Centro's still going strong for me. Does everything a PDA phone needs to, and pretty well, unless for some reason you think WiFi is essential. It's certainly better than any Blackberry. I think the Pre has a lot of potential, but with my Centro working so well, I can afford to wait for the 3rd party software to appear.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    The Centro's still going strong for me. Does everything a PDA phone needs to, and pretty well, unless for some reason you think WiFi is essential. It's certainly better than any Blackberry. I think the Pre has a lot of potential, but with my Centro working so well, I can afford to wait for the 3rd party software to appear.
    Same here. I love my phone. The older Centro users could be just bored with theirs at the moment or ready for an upgrade.
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  3. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    Only downfall to getting the diamond though is the keyboard... If you don't mind that ( In which case I do..) then it's a go... not to mention that it's got something the pro won't have.... a 5 MP camera.
    I've been using the Touch (2.8" screen) for over a year now. Even in portrait mode, it's not that bad. I mean if it was unusable I wouldn't have kept it, considering I send 30-50 text messages a day. So, I don't think it's going to that bad on the Diamond2 either, with its 3rd gen touchscreen/hardware, plus a bigger 3.2" screen giving a more spaced out keyboard.

    That being said, some people just want a real keyboard.
  4. #44  
    ^ i just want a real keyboard. hard to describe, just like the feeling better.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  5. #45  
    Sony Experia X1

    I wanted that phone so badly until I saw the price. That made me not want it anymore... But then the Pre was announced.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  6.    #46  
    What's the price of the Xperia??

    Yeah, the reason why I said that haydur is because I currently have the nextel i880 and texting is nothing short of getting ran over by an 18-wheeler over and over again.... I think I might get a HTC Diamond to hold me over till the pre... I think I might even get lucky and be able to trade my friend his pro... Anyone know if he could use a Sprint Diamond on Alltel and vice versa with Alltel Pro on Sprint??
  7.    #47  
    Oh, I forgot to add... The Treo Pro is on sale at the Alltel website for 199.99... Check it: Alltel Wireless - Phone and Plan Selector
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    All personal preferences. If you were to say what is the most popular phone, the answer would be the iPhone
    Popularity and "best" has always been two totally separate things in America. Unless you want to argue American Idol is the best TV Show.
  9.    #49  
    Okay....I'm in a dilema... I just bought an instinct off ebay for 150 usd... But i just got a second chance offer for a htc diamond.... for 175!! anyone want a instinct... it's going cheap for 200!!! haha but seriously though should i get the diamond?? Of course either phone is temporary...
  10. #50  
    I'd say my wife's motorola Razr is better at this point.

    When Palm releases the device, and you can actually buy a Pre, and use one, I might change my mind.

    Until then, the phone just a marketing brochure.

    If Palm doesn't make a mid-year release, they will be laughed at.
  11.    #51  
    You say the Razr is the best right now?! I guess everyone's titled to their own opinion but... a razr? How does that saying go? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight... Don't bring a razr to a iphone/pre's competitor's list. But I don't think that Palm will nesessarily be laughed at. I think everyone will just look past them for future phones....
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    You say the Razr is the best right now?! I guess everyone's titled to their own opinion but... a razr? How does that saying go? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight... Don't bring a razr to a iphone/pre's competitor's list. But I don't think that Palm will nesessarily be laughed at. I think everyone will just look past them for future phones....
    You have to read the question. I didn't say the Razr was the best phone, I said it was better than the Pre. Right now smoke signals, hand signals, and the telegraph all outperform the Pre.

    When Palm starts selling the Pre, we can start a debate.

    I do admit that the Pre has some of the sexiest sales hype in the last couple of years, but you can't sell hype for a profit.
  13. #53  
    The HTC Touch Pro is best and the coming Touch Pro 2 will soon be the best once released.

    Of course that's just my opinion, but anyone who has not looked into them really should, just so you're aware of what they have to offer.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    You have to read the question. I didn't say the Razr was the best phone, I said it was better than the Pre. Right now smoke signals, hand signals, and the telegraph all outperform the Pre.

    When Palm starts selling the Pre, we can start a debate.

    Well... The title of this thread is "Is there any better phone out there right now?"... And in my first post I explained the question pretty obviously... Now, you saying the Razr is better than the Pre... I think that it's pretty clear that the Pre was infitely better than the Razr even before the first model was made... Doesn't really matter if it's out yet or not... That being said (which actually shouldn't had been), This thread is about phones that are the bigdogs... Example: Treo pro, HTC diamond/pro, Xperia... Give me a reason why this is the best phone. I don't think the Razr can be in the same room with these phones to be honest...


    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    I do admit that the Pre has some of the sexiest sales hype in the last couple of years, but you can't sell hype for a profit.
    Couple of years?....The only sales hype that has really even been seen by more than just the tech-nerds was at CES... As far as I know of course...
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The HTC Touch Pro is best and the coming Touch Pro 2 will soon be the best once released.

    Of course that's just my opinion, but anyone who has not looked into them really should, just so you're aware of what they have to offer.
    I'm still waiting i'm my diamond but I wish I had the Pro instead... I'm acutally excited about the Pro 2 also... Wish it had the 5Mp camera on it though like the Diamond 2...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions