Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Strictly guessing, I would imagine once you type any message, it would function just like Gmail automatically treating it as a draft until it is sent. We'll have to see.
    Crogs got it.

When preparing an instant message (which is where the S/Y problem occurs) I sometimes decide not to send right away. A quick copy or cut keeps the short message in memory until I change my mind or copy something else.

Copying in other programs (like Blazer*) gets me in the habit of using Menu+S, then I have a d'oh! moment using that same shortcut in the i.m. app.

* - If you've ever typed and sent a meaty TC post via your Treo, just to have it disappear, you know how frustrating that can be. Sucks soooo much. (It was worse on my 650, iirc, than it is on my 755p.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I like D-pads generally, but I'm happier without one and thus with a smaller device/more real estate than having a D-pad. Especially a sizable one.

Maybe if they could've made the center button into a stick type D-pad like I think the old Asus PDA's, that'd be a different story.

I know I hate the fact that on my diamond 1/4th of the front of it is taken up with the D-Pad buttons instead of screen.
  3.    #83  
    My 755p only downloads so much of an e-mail message at a time (partially due to user settings, I'll admit) and I'm getting tired of it. Since the Pre will have so much more storage space, I hope this will no longer be necessary.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    In addition to my usual (and primary/top priority) lack-of-SD complaint and excluding "new" features, Palm has had long standing issues with:

- Clipboard size
    - Fonts
    - DBCache (let's just say ROM/RAM limitations)
    - Digitizers

Being all new hardware and OS I would expect ROM/RAM and clipboard to be fixed in the very beginning stages of the Pre's existence. Hopefully near unlimited fonts call be installed simply and natively by WebOS. Digitizer... We'll see.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345