Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Pro. I will be getting the Pre but getting bored with my current phone and trying to decide if I should take the plunge for the Pro for the time being as it seems like the Pre won't be out for another few monhts. What do you all think.
    It's your money
    Just kidding. I will only be getting the Pre. I have no desire to use a WinMo device at this point in time.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    well I currently have a HTC Diamond and its a great phone I just miss having a physical keybaord and don't know if I can wait another few months.
    Hang in there man, you can make it.

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Iv had the pro since 01/27 i love it so far but of course I'm dying to get the PRE...I got the pro to replace the 800w which was decent but this is a way better phone to get me by till the PRE comes out...
    LoL, I feel like I'm at an AA meeting... u can get through it. LoL. I really like the support system for us Pre addicts on this site.

Personally I wouldn't spend $200 on the pro just to have to spend another $600 for a Pre a few months later. I have my heart set on the Pre and I'll just have to deal with my ancient 755p until then. I'm still hoping for an earlier than June release date, so we'll see what happens.
    hahaha
  8.    #8  
    Well I have a HTC Diamond which is a good phone so maybe I will try to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    LoL, I feel like I'm at an AA meeting... u can get through it. LoL. I really like the support system for us Pre addicts on this site.
    Maybe we need to have an Intervention.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I am definitely getting a Pre when there is an unlocked GSM version. I however got impatient and bought an unlocked development HTC G1. I've been having tons of fun hacking around with this little puppy. I hope to have just as much fun when the Pre eventually comes out and people start hacking it.
    i will probably get both... the wife is excited about the PRO so she will get that on the 15th..... I will be w8n for the PRE, besides the her PRO will give me a new gadget fix for a while
    To answer the question I plan on getting both. Two pros now to replace out two 800ws, and then consider a couple of Pres about 3 months after their release depending on bugs and problems and on what the competition is at that time.

So I fit your question in your title line.

But there are many serious variables in different users and you need to apply your own. No one is the same.

EG what type of plan and plans do you have, what are your line anniversaries, are you adept at wM, do you have wm apps with value, do you have a work or Enterprise requirement, how much do you enjoy beta testing if you have a professional need, and your budgets. Without a doubt there are even more variables.
    I currently have 2 lines on one account and have a Moto Q and Treo 755p. I'm thinking of upgrading the MotoQ to the Treo Pro and the 755p to the Pre. So yeah...I'm most likely getting both. The Q sucks and I'm sure the Pro would be a great upgrade from it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Iv had the pro since 01/27 i love it so far but of course I'm dying to get the PRE...I got the pro to replace the 800w which was decent but this is a way better phone to get me by till the PRE comes out...
    Did you have to return your Treo Pro so they could "upgrade" it?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    As luck would have it my company recently consolidated on cell phone providers to Sprint. We used to have VZW, TMO and at&t. We actually canceled everything and all the contracts were coincidentally over and I convinced them that Sprint had the latest devices and the best business plans. Everyone was excited and settled on the htc Touch Pro's, but I told them that I'd hold out until the Treo Pro comes out. Patience is paying off!

And personally I have the Onyx Centro which I absolutely love, but I'm a gadget fanatic and cannot wait for the Pre to become available. I've been with Sprint for 11+ years and they've always had the best coverage for voice and data. IMO.

[Minor Detail:] Their voicemail was the only one that I know of all the providers that allowed me to delete, save, forward etc. IMMEDIATELY while listening to the message 11+ years ago and is true today. With other providers, you'd have to wait until the very last second to utilize those functions.
    Last edited by Palmfood; 03/10/2009 at 08:27 AM.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Did I have to? No, do I want to at release? yes lol Still trying to see what the difference is lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Did I have to? No, do I want to at release? yes lol Still trying to see what the difference is lol
    The difference is Best Buy is legally required to give you a full refund or a spanking new model of the new rom. they sold it to you in violation of their agreement with Sprint. They sold you what they purported to be a phone acceptable by Sprint and in fact it had failed testing. If you waled in there and made an articulate demand you would walk out with a new in box treo pro.
    so uh any way i can get one for free? lol so basically i get a $50 refund and a new phone? i would think they would do that no matter what without any effort on my part besides going there?
    Nope. With TealOS, I can hold out as long as it takes for the Pre to come out.
    Yep- going pro as soon as I can get my hands on one. It's job will be to replace my 800 and keep my visits to this forum weekly, versus daily.

I can't stand waiting for new devices- silly season and speculation is zero fun. I am hoping the pro is like going to the bathroom and having your food waiting on the table when you get back. By the time I look up from he pro, I will be ordering a pre.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast