Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Our favorite Pre feature leaker will be on Bloomberg TV today at 1:10 pm (probably ET).

Maybe some new leaks?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Granted, the stuff he "Leaks" is only in words. I've yet to see him show anything on the phone that he's talking about.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Granted, the stuff he "Leaks" is only in words. I've yet to see him show anything on the phone that he's talking about.
    He probably does that because the camera setup is geared to shooting people and not 3 inch screens.
    Tom
    His new haircut looks good.
    Too bad there wasn't any new info, like a release date.
    Heck they didn't even show any Pre video.
    Oh well.
    what info was put out?
    Thanks for the link.

What was up with the iPhone and Centro video's?

He does look better now he cut his hair.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    He does look better now he cut his hair.
    I specifically tracked down Roger's interview to see his new haircut.

I'm undecided whether it looks better or not.
    Tom
    Pretty stupid that the only video they showed while he was talking was the iPhone. Made it look like that is what he was talking about.
    Bloomberg.com: Editors' Video Picks

It's right at the bottom.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It's a slow Pre news day when Roger's hair cut is big news
    Tom
    Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

“You know the beautiful thing: June 29, 2009, is the two- year anniversary of the first shipment of the iPhone,” McNamee said today in an interview in San Francisco. “Not one of those people will still be using an iPhone a month later.”

When asked about the release date and price of the Pre, McNamee said Sprint Nextel Corp., the phone’s exclusive carrier, probably will release the details soon.

“Think about it -- If you bought the first iPhone, you bought it because you wanted the coolest product on the market,” said McNamee, 52. “Your two-year contract has just expired. Look around. Tell me what they’re going to buy.”
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

“You know the beautiful thing: June 29, 2009, is the two- year anniversary of the first shipment of the iPhone,” McNamee said today in an interview in San Francisco. “Not one of those people will still be using an iPhone a month later.”

When asked about the release date and price of the Pre, McNamee said Sprint Nextel Corp., the phone’s exclusive carrier, probably will release the details soon.

“Think about it -- If you bought the first iPhone, you bought it because you wanted the coolest product on the market,” said McNamee, 52. “Your two-year contract has just expired. Look around. Tell me what they’re going to buy.”
    i hope he's right, but I'd be more than a little skeptical that most gen 1 iphone users will suddenly switch. I'm curious what the number of people still using the gen 1 iphone even are. I know if I was on AT&T, i'd have the 3g iphone right now. Hopefully Palm and Sprint realize that the earlier they release the Pre, the more time those potential iphone converts will have to decide on their upgrade path.
    I still have one. But I'm waiting to see what the 3rd gen. iPhone has to offer because I'm looking at increased storage and perhaps 3.0 software.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I still have one. But I'm waiting to see what the 3rd gen. iPhone has to offer because I'm looking at increased storage and perhaps 3.0 software.
    I think that will be the case for a lot of 1st gen iphone users. If they have to wait for their contract to be up anyways, then they'll see the 3rd gen by then. The people that will probably consider switching will a) be sold by the keyboard because not all iphone users like the virtual keyboard, b) be sold by Sprint's cheaper service plans, or c) more unlikely but a few tech nerds will be sold by some of the synergy/multitasking stuff, but who knows if that'll be in the 3rd gen iphone. Most of those people will be on the iphone 3g by now anyways.
    March 5 (Bloomberg) -- Palm Inc.’s new Pre smart phone will lure customers away from Apple Inc.’s iPhone when subscribers’ contracts start expiring in June, Palm investor Roger McNamee said.

[...]

McNamee is a co-founder of Elevation Partners, the investment firm that agreed in December to pay $100 million to lift its stake in Palm to 39 percent from 25 percent. His firm, whose partners include U2 singer Bono, invests in four other companies, including Forbes Media LLC.

Palm is “by far” Elevation’s largest investment, said McNamee. “I’m there about three times a week, mostly with the engineers,” he said. “We have seven people who work on Palm, three of whom do nothing but work on Palm.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6TvOeHpBpUY

<< Edited by Dieter: please never post stories in their entirety! > >
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 03/06/2009 at 01:59 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Yeah. I almost wish McNamee wouldn't have made such a bold statement. It kind of galvanizes iPhone owners to not want a Pre just for pride's sake in my opinion. I know if he would have said that about Blackberry's when I was a hardcore BB guy I would have been pissed. Probably pissed enough to swear from ever obtaining said product.
    Oops! Sorry, guys. Didn't see this was being discussed.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Yeah. I almost wish McNamee wouldn't have made such a bold statement. It kind of galvanizes iPhone owners to not want a Pre just for pride's sake in my opinion. I know if he would have said that about Blackberry's when I was a hardcore BB guy I would have been pissed. Probably pissed enough to swear from ever obtaining said product.
    you are right pedro,
    I noticed few buddies of mine not paying attention to the Pre at all.
    I mentioned that its got the multi touch , and told them it even has ex Apple team behind it .
    They didn't care a bit .
    To them iPhone is THE PHONE.
    APPLE is the only SMART company out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast