Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, to be fair, it could be they had a planned date in March or something like that that got delayed. I personally don't consider that a real delay, because the announced date has always been by the end of June, but in the eyes of an engineer working on the project, that's probably considered a delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Since by June 30 is their set deadline, i'm wondering why anyone is worrying about delays right now. Last i looked, this is March.
    THANK YOU cardfan!!!! I agree, as far as I'm concerned they have until 6/30/09 to release their product, and I laugh at all the people saying if it comes out that late they won't buy one, or if its priced above $XXX.XX they won't buy one. Quit the complaining and give 'em a chance. I do believe in the analogy of "past performance predicts future behavior" and we all know Palm's history of late, buggy releases, but I for one am willing to give 'em a chance on the Pre that it will come out by 6/30 and will come out of the box swinging. Cooligan & Co know this better than anyone they can't afford to repeat the 650 & 680 mistakes!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Since by June 30 is their set deadline, i'm wondering why anyone is worrying about delays right now. Last i looked, this is March.
    Short and Distort. This reads like an attempt at stock price manipulation.
    If Palm is one of the few tech stocks doing well (compared to a few months ago), then it becomes a prime target for short selling, no? Perhaps we should expect attempts to drop the stock price ahead of the pre launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    THANK YOU cardfan!!!! I agree, as far as I'm concerned they have until 6/30/09 to release their product, and I laugh at all the people saying if it comes out that late they won't buy one, or if its priced above $XXX.XX they won't buy one. Quit the complaining and give 'em a chance. I do believe in the analogy of "past performance predicts future behavior" and we all know Palm's history of late, buggy releases, but I for one am willing to give 'em a chance on the Pre that it will come out by 6/30 and will come out of the box swinging. Cooligan & Co know this better than anyone they can't afford to repeat the 650 & 680 mistakes!
    this is really ture ... don't like hearing it ... but it's true
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yeah, if the pre get a release past june 30 then i will worry but until then i will keep assuming that it wont get released before june.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Exactly all these rumors and the urban legend type of back up are showing up on fiance chats before heading here.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    I really don't think the market needs help going down at this point.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  9.    #29  
    I think a similar excitement that got investors buying Palm stock is going to get consumers to buy the Palm. I'm glad I'm not a financial analyst. Historical financial analysis or observing trends doesn't really have a way to account for the "golden idea." This must be very frustrating for an analyst to forecast, but I'd say the public has shown their interest and faith in the Pre with the big upswing that Palm's stock has taken.
    If that was real that would have doomed Palm....good thing it's not.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12