1. iii
    When all is said and done, will the Pre have the ability to run all those trusty Garnet apps that we've been using for years?? I for one will find the lack of backward compatibility a real problem.
    Nope , said since day one there will be no backwards compatibility. style tap may make there application avaliable for the pre.
    Go get (another) Centro while you can.
    And now they are really cheap! $50 I saw at Sprint.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5. iii
    Well...I guess I'll pick up a spare Centro. I'm not giving up all my trusty Garnet apps. It's just not worth it.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Get a Centro while you can! Sprint & Verizon are blowin' 'em out now. The pink Centro for Sprint is EOL status in June and the green & black versions will follow in July...but if existing stocks are liquidated prior to that, we might see the trusty Centro gone by the time the Pre arrives.

Another alternative is to pick up a trusty ol' Palm TX or E2 handheld. Still superior to the Palm OS smartphones in several key areas (bigger 32x320 screen on the E2, 320x480 on the TX, fullsize SD slots, better styli, 3.5mm headphone jacks, wi-fi & 128mb RAM on the TX) and they don't tie you into a particular wireless carrier.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Get a Centro while you can! Sprint & Verizon are blowin' 'em out now. The pink Centro for Sprint is EOL status in June and the green & black versions will follow in July...but if existing stocks are liquidated prior to that, we might see the trusty Centro gone by the time the Pre arrives.

Another alternative is to pick up a trusty ol' Palm TX or E2 handheld. Still superior to the Palm OS smartphones in several key areas (bigger 32x320 screen on the E2, 320x480 on the TX, fullsize SD slots, better styli, 3.5mm headphone jacks, wi-fi & 128mb RAM on the TX) and they don't tie you into a particular wireless carrier.
    Too bad you can't make a call from a TX
    I think you'll find that within a few months of the webOS SDK coming out, every app that you could possibly want will be out for the Pre. There may be a few very specialized apps that won't be available, but everything else will be converted over and will probably be much nicer. Also, those apps that you are so stuck on right now will not be updated ever again. Developers will probably stop supporting them within a few months.
    Regarding Centro: The price on Verizon without a 2-year contract is $349. Not exactly "blowing them out".
    DryBear, I feel the same way about my T3 with my huge screen and superb quality, tho' the battery is getting short-lived....
  11. iii
    I just hope Verizon won't discontinue the Centro once the pre comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by iii View Post
    I just hope Verizon won't discontinue the Centro once the pre comes out.
    I don't think they will seeing that Sprint has it to themselfs for a while.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    You can always get a Centro cheaper via craigslist or ebay.

Last (and only) Centro I ever bought many months ago cost me 160. Got it off craigslist. I sold it for the same price not a week after, went back to my 700wx. Terrible battery life and much more..