Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From what I gather both are pretty freakin' stoked about the Pre. What 'surprise' do they have for us on March 9th?

Jimmy Fallon and Engadget: together again, March 9th

Alright, it is probably something from Apple, but we can dream, no?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    OK, I'll be watching, but 12:30 am is asking a lot. And then if it is a big Pre thing that will mean no sleep! Or if it's not a Pre thing I'll be cranky for days after. Hmmm.
    I almost posted this, but I think it is a bit of a stretch to link it to the Pre. It's an engadget guy, and the announcement is most likely going to be big with respect to engadget. The world doesn't revolve around the Pre after all, even if we think about it every waking hour.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    And this my friends, is why we have Tivo!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    I almost posted this, but I think it is a bit of a stretch to link it to the Pre. It's an engadget guy, and the announcement is most likely going to be big with respect to engadget. The world doesn't revolve around the Pre after all, even if we think about it every waking hour.
    Sure, sure... but I think under the 'stretch' criteria, most of these threads would fail.
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 03/04/2009 at 08:42 AM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    Gadget guy to discuss new gadgets like the Pre. Its very possible that they will discuss it. Plus they both seem to be waiting for it based on the video clip from CES.
    I believe it's on tonights (Monday) show that Jimmy Fallon will have the guy from Engadget on his show, and they were talking about a big surprise or something. Seeing that Jimmy is a fan of the Pre, maybe we'll get just a little bit more info about....well....something interesting?

Anyways, didn't want anyone missing it tonight!
    Yup. 12:30. I cant wait!
    yep tonight!

cant waaait.
    i heard him and Jimmy were at CES talking at the Pre booth for a while
    Tivo is set. Thanks Manny!!!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I don't know. Not sure if it's the Pre they are talking about. From Jimmy's website:

Get ready internerds...tonight we're bringing out the big time tech guns, Engadget's own Joshua Topolsky! Joshua will be here talking gadgets with Jimmy reviewing one of the most coveted new tech gadgets out there from 2009 Consumer Electronics Show. We can't tell you what it is, but it does rhyme with 'bossome'.
    That's a joke. He's saying it's "awesome"
    They must be discussing the Pre, at least a little. Seems kind of doubtful that any new info will be brought to light, however. Still, it will be good to see some more publicity for the Pre, even if it isn't exactly prime time.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    That's a joke. He's saying it's "awesome"
    Ohhh, how did I miss that. Hmmm, if not the Pre, what else could Jimmy think was awesome at CES... hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Ohhh, how did I miss that. Hmmm, if not the Pre, what else could Jimmy think was awesome at CES... hmmm...
    I missed that too haha. I was like, 'what rhymes with bossome?'
    On which channel is it on? Do you think us up there in canada can watch it?
    veoh.com
    hulu.com
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by loginatnine View Post
    On which channel is it on? Do you think us up there in canada can watch it?
    NBC. Fallon has replaced Conan O'Brien on the Late Show, so whatever channel you would've watched that on probably has this. Surprisingly (I hate Jimmy Fallon on SNL) he's done well and been getting much better as his first week ended.

That being said, I still think that this is more off-topic than Pre related. It's not like either of them knows any insider information... though in the Engadget video Fallon mentioned buying Pre stock, so I guess it'd be in his best interest too to hype it some.
    On Wednesday he will have Alex Albrecht and Kevin Rose from Digg.com - so it looks like Fallon is definitely trying to bring geek culture to late night.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    NBC. Fallon has replaced Conan O'Brien on the Late Show, so whatever channel you would've watched that on probably has this. Surprisingly (I hate Jimmy Fallon on SNL) he's done well and been getting much better as his first week ended.

That being said, I still think that this is more off-topic than Pre related. It's not like either of them knows any insider information... though in the Engadget video Fallon mentioned buying Pre stock, so I guess it'd be in his best interest too to hype it some.
    It was news on PreCentral, which is why I took the liberty to talk about it here, therefore I don't think it was off topic at all.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast