Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I am sure that device will be back in Palm's hand tomorrow (today actually), if they weren't backstage there to get it. Joshua even said at the start that the unit is just a test unit and won't be ready for some time. He said that Palm announced the first half of the year but that they're so broke right now it better come out sooner rather than later.
    They probably tackled him right after he got off stage

I didn't know the Touchstone was so small!

Man I can't wait for this phone...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI NR70v>CLI TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    For those that missed it (like me) or just want to watch it again:
    NBC Video Rewind
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    NBC Video Rewind
    Thanks!
    Loved that. The high five was hilarious.
    That was kinda painful to watch. But good to see they talked about nothing else but the Pre.
    I want to know when the geek riots start. Do we start smashing our own personal electronic devices until they release the Pre (envision the LA riots with geeks in the streets smashing electronic devices)?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Move to about the 30 min. spot. Good pitch.
    NBC Video Rewind
    misssed it - thanks
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Any Youtube mirrors? This isn't loading on my work PC.
    NBC Video Rewind
    Great link! I like how they have it set up in chapters, made me jump over the misc part to get the to Pre goodness. Great segment They really are loving that device...who can blame them?
    Okay so where was the big announcement that they teased with in the engadget post about the appearance? Was the intent to announce a date and they couldn't?

That's got me a little worried...
    He announced that they're running out of months for the first half of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    Okay so where was the big announcement that they teased with in the engadget post about the appearance? Was the intent to announce a date and they couldn't?

Well, you noticed how he said MORE THAN ONCE that it was not a finished product....

However, I just ordered a Touch Pro to tide me over until the Pre comes our way. Now I might not even open it and just eBay it!
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post

there would be no way for anyone to announce an official release date other than Sprint. Would it make sense for a non palm/sprint rep to make an official announcement of a release date on a tv show that aired at 12:30 in the morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    there would be no way for anyone to announce an official release date other than Sprint. Would it make sense for a non palm/sprint rep to make an official announcement of a release date on a tv show that aired at 12:30 in the morning?
    Why not, all they do now is post something on their website. It would have more pop if it came here. I would venture to say that a lot of college/just out of college age people still stay up till 12:00 (starts at 11:30 CDT) every night and watch shows like this. That's a pretty good demographic for this phone.

On a side note, I hope this guy becomes a regular on the show.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I haven't watched any of the posted clips, but watched it live. Did anyone else notice that Joshua said that he was connected via WiFi - not cellular when he wikipeed Jimmy? First I've seen that demonstrated. Probably a little difference in speed too.

I have to agree that the high five was a riot. Geeks and high fives don't get along! But Josh owned Jimmy on that one - funny stuff.
    I asked a friend to view the short clip. He was sold on the wireless charger thing which definitely made him more curious to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I haven't watched any of the posted clips, but watched it live. Did anyone else notice that Joshua said that he was connected via WiFi - not cellular when he wikipeed Jimmy? First I've seen that demonstrated. Probably a little difference in speed too.
    Actually, all of the data demonstrated so far has been Wifi. Some might read a lot into this, but personally I think it's because at MWC and CES where they were mainly demoed, they knew that in general there are major cellular bandwidth issues.
    I read that the same as you at first. Then re read it a couple of times. I think he meant seen the Wikipedia search demonstrated.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I read that the same as you at first. Then re read it a couple of times. I think he meant seen the Wikipedia search demonstrated.
    Actually... I did mean wifi. Silly of me for expecting it was ever cellular I suppose.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast