Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Wow, I was kinda disappointed. I thought he'd mention something about possible release dates.

I did manage to get some pics tho.

Here they are:

I still have it on my DVR....but not much I can do to get it on youtube. The screen looked amazing in HD....they had some good closeups.

The Wikipedia App actually worked...first time they clicked on that. And yeah, it was on Wifi, but still, the page came up very fast, and it sure looked very responsive. My guess is this is still one of the demo phones they used at CES.

Too bad we got no new information really, but hey, it was great exposure and it was great to see it in HD!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I still have it on my DVR....but not much I can do to get it on youtube. The screen looked amazing in HD....they had some good closeups.

The Wikipedia App actually worked...first time they clicked on that. And yeah, it was on Wifi, but still, the page came up very fast, and it sure looked very responsive. My guess is this is still one of the demo phones they used at CES.

Too bad we got no new information really, but hey, it was great exposure and it was great to see it in HD!
    I know! I saw him click on Wikipedia and was like "Whoa! It works!" Now for that elusive Google Maps button...
    Just finished watching it on TiVo. No new information for anyone who's watched the CES presentation, but a good demo for more mainstream audiences.

However, it did confirm the speed and responsiveness of the device. There were a handful of cards already open and he pulled up the web browser and loaded Jimmy's Wikipedia page pretty quickly. He was also rotating it constantly and the device kept up.

The touchstone's magnets don't appear to grip as well as they should, though. It seems if you put it on off-center it may just slide off.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    The touchstone's magnets don't appear to grip as well as they should, though. It seems if you put it on off-center it may just slide off.
    I noticed that too. I saw the Pre start to slide and actually yelled at the tv for Joshua to grab it before it fell. I received an odd look of confusion from my girlfriend...
    Last edited by Pflaumen; 03/10/2009 at 02:19 AM.
    I couldn't really make it out, but it might have had the shiny back cover on it instead of the matte one that is the one that needs to be used with the touch stone. No good angle during the show to see if the back was shiny or not.

But yeah....I am in love all over again....man I hope 3x and my buddy are right about first half of April!
    They didnt have he correct rear cover for the Pre to be magnatized to Touchstone......
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    But yeah....I am in love all over again....man I hope 3x and my buddy are right about first half of April!
    Though there is little to no evidence, I agree. My father was at a party with some advertising guy from Sprint, and he actually brought up the Pre to my dad. I haven't been able to shut up about the phone, so my dad knew what he was talking about. Apparently the guy has gotten a chance to play with it, and said it was amazing. He said that the thing Sprint is most worried about is having enough of them to sell at release! His best guess was late April early May for release.
    Good job on the pics.... I am so freaking excited!!
    I have it on my computer, but unfortunately it's difficult to do anything with the .wtv format used by Windows 7 for recording.

But, here's some better pictures for everyone. I'd do more, but it's a huge PITA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great pics.....!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I hope the Pre will make it to some more talk shows as the release date draws nearer. But who would come on the show? Bono? Engadget guy? McNamee? Rubinstein? Colligan?

I am excited and ready for some news from the Webinar!
    ME TOO! If Palm let Josh have one - you know what that means...it's READY TO GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    ME TOO! If Palm let Josh have one - you know what that means...it's READY TO GO!!
    I am sure it's only on loan, and I am sure its just one of the phones that were used during CES.

This is what gets me excited about the Webinar on the 12th, where they said the Pre will run on the Sprint network. On the phone used during the show, it did show "Palm" in the upper left hand corner.

So lets hope we'll get a glimpse of a newer version of the Pre, more info, and for god's sake....a release date!!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Doesn't it mean something that the device is away from Palm's grasp for the first time (as far as we know)? Does Engadget have a unit for review under NDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Doesn't it mean something that the device is away from Palm's grasp for the first time (as far as we know)? Does Engadget have a unit for review under NDA?
    It sure looks like it. It was good to see the smoothness of it. Finally new jerkyness caused by YouTube Videos....

I gotta go see my Friend at Sprint tomorrow...I need emotional support! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm uploading 42 cam photos of my TV while we wait for the video to show up online, lol

Blurry cam warning, lol
    Picasa Web Albums - Jason - Jimmy Fallon ...

If any of you guys find a video link, please post it
    Jason - I used your link from Twitter and posted it here in an earlier thread by Manny. Just wanted you to know that i DID give you credit for posting those pics (I assume you are JayCanuck?). GREAT job!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Jason - I used your link from Twitter and posted it here in an earlier thread by Manny. Just wanted you to know that i DID give you credit for posting those pics (I assume you are JayCanuck?). GREAT job!
    Yep, @JayCanuck is me. I really wish it was better quality, but considering an official video, and other unofficial uploads will inevitably be coming, I figured I'd do what I can for the time until then

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I have it on my computer, but unfortunately it's difficult to do anything with the .wtv format used by Windows 7 for recording.
    But, here's some better pictures for everyone. I'd do more, but it's a huge PITA.
    Very nice photos jhoff80
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/10/2009 at 02:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    great pix. can't sleep. past bedtime. doomed.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I am sure that device will be back in Palm's hand tomorrow (today actually), if they weren't backstage there to get it. Joshua even said at the start that the unit is just a test unit and won't be ready for some time. He said that Palm announced the first half of the year but that they're so broke right now it better come out sooner rather than later.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast