Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    That would make a cool tv commercial if they could have playing cards with applications running on their faces. People could be sitting around a table playing poker or go fish or something, but the cards have live applications running on them. Maybe just one guy shows his hand and one card is scrolling, another card has a chat session going on, a third card is playing music, etc.
    Thanks. Yeah it be cool to see an commercial like that. I wish I was good with videos because I would like to make one. I have one in my head where there are 5 cards that are shuffled to you, back facing towards with you the black cover and the silver palm logo. As they turn over they show a brief glimpse of that card in action, ie web, music, email, im and calendar. As the card gets done, it gets tossed aside and move to the next one. When the last one is thrown out, it slowly pulls out showing the palm pre with the keyboard slowly closing and when it closes it fades to black showing the palm logo.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Thanks. Yeah it be cool to see an commercial like that. I wish I was good with videos because I would like to make one. I have one in my head where there are 5 cards that are shuffled to you, back facing towards with you the black cover and the silver palm logo. As they turn over they show a brief glimpse of that card in action, ie web, music, email, im and calendar. As the card gets done, it gets tossed aside and move to the next one. When the last one is thrown out, it slowly pulls out showing the palm pre with the keyboard slowly closing and when it closes it fades to black showing the palm logo.
    What would be cool is a guy playing blackjack. The deal shows a 7. The player has a contacts card and a Web browser. He says, "hit me," and the dealer deals him a calendar. The player scrolls the contacts and selects a contact, then says, "hit me." The dealer deals him an email. The player slides all the cards away except the email, picks it up, and suddenly the card is a Palm Pre and he's typing an email to that contact.
  3.    #63  
    this is a good one ... there could be mutlipple people playing .. all getting different cards.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  4.    #64  
    Target: Young / middle age city folk on the go
    TV commercial

The Scene:
    The Camera brings us inside a coffee shop (i.e. Starbucks) where there are many people sitting, drinking and moving around. There is a person on a laptop, and various people using Dump phones, Blackberry's, iphones etc (u can actually see the phones, but you know what they are). Everyone is working hard, and the music suggests a stressed atmosphere

In walks a girl with a pre in hand. You can see it in her right hand by her leg (the shot is from behind, you cannot see her head),

As she walks in someone sitting at one of the round tables in the corner, looks uip from her Blackberry like device. She has a look of jealousy. A voice says “E-mail”

The main charter continues to walk. We see a shot of the front of the phone, she is getting a call, She answers it (we still don’t see her head). She answers. We then see a shot of the person with the dumb phone, also looking jealous. A voice say “phone”

The main character stops on the line. She finishes the call, put the phone in front of her to view the screen (we still don’t see her head) she logs into a web site. A voice says “Wifi” as we see the guy in the corner with the Laptop looking frustrated.

Our main charter then gets and IM and goes to the contact scene. We see the Synergy , showing e-mails, Facebook, IM. We here the voice say “Synergy – brings it all together”

The Girl gets her coffee, goes to a seat, we finally see her head and above it is a the cloud w/ various things floating.

The Voice “All on the NOW network”
    da Gimp

The camera fades in on a classroom full of students with laptops. You faintly hear the professor tell the students to load a web page. the camera pans showing all the students loading the page on their laptops. the camera stops on a guy with the Pre it zooms in showing that the Pre can load the full site. The guy pans around the site for a sec then a bell rings. All the students start to pack up their stuff to leave. The professor tells the students to read pages 280-343. The camera shows the students writing on notebooks, and even some on their own hands. Then it shows the same guy pull up the notes app and open the slide out keyboard and write down the assignment while walking away. In the hallway he gets a notification for a movie with Jim, Sabrina, Matt, and Keegan. A cut brings us to the guy in his car with the Pre on a car mount and a voice telling him turn by turn directions. Suddenly he gets another notification, reading it out loud he says "using GPS Pre has determent that you will be approximately 17 minutes late for your event, would you like Pre to send Jim, Sabrina, Matt, and Keegan a text notifying them to start without you?" He selects "yes" and the camera zooms out of the car and fades with the usual "thinking ahead is a beautiful thing" or "only on the now network".
  6.    #66  
    ^^ This is pretty cool. the ending is very good.
    da Gimp

No offense..but all "commercials" i've seen created in this thread would put me to sleep.

I don't watch many in this dvr age but i'd go with funny.

Throw up an apple clone with the hand(s) trying to type on the iphone and making errors left and right and getting frustrated. Enter the Pre, pull the kb down, etc.

Have a business interview with a guy exiting the room with iphone in his hand and the interviewer shaking his head saying "next time leave your ipod at home". Enter the next guy with a Pre and the interviewer being impressed.

You advertise to win and need to keep interest for that 30secs. What people want to know is what makes your phone different and direct comparisons offer that with some humor mixed in. Nothing extreme or over the top. This works if you got a real product that can match up or exceed and Palm does.
  8.    #68  
    Cardfan ... ur brutal. we're doing the best we can ! :-)

Ok. going back to the drawing board. Will hit this thread with something new and great next post.
    da Gimp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234