Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Monkeying around. Here's two I suppose could be used in a magazine or such avenue.

this is good ... maybe a bite inappropiate... ;-)

The concept of being able to focus on the important stuff makes for a nice print add.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    this is good ... maybe a bite inappropiate... ;-)

The concept of being able to focus on the important stuff makes for a nice print add.
    :-) Used the first picture I came across of people "enjoying life" instead of appearing to try to "manage life", because the Pre OF COURSE will do all the managing for us
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Sprint Launches a Palm Centro TV Commercial

You really have to watch the above to be reminded just how horrible Palm and Sprint were at marketing the Centro.

PalmAddicts: SMARTPHONE EDITOR REVIEW: The Palm Centro on Sprint Read the "confusion in the message" part.

And finally...PalmAddicts: EDITORIAL: Palm's Marketing Is a Mis-firing Message which does pretty good describing Palm and Sprint's trainwreck approach to marketing.

I won't bother linking the "Claus" stuff that came later but while it may have been good for a smile or two, it did nothing to show people what the Centro could do.

So based on the above, the jury is out on how palm/sprint will screw up the Pre which should be a marketer's dream. We can only hope they've learned..
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think of a swiss army knife. Can do it all.

Aero is right. Since it can do it all, you can't describe it all in 30secs. Have to pick your spots and push what makes the Pre unique...

You'd really have to try hard to mess this up though because the Pre was very impressive. And palm isn't known for great marketing. We'll see.
    I agree about the Swiss Army knife. It would be very difficult to promote everything the Pre can do without targeting the separate groups individually.

I think the Pre could just smash into the college age & even the highschool market (pricepoint is probably high, but if there's enough pleading...?) with its ability to connect people so efficiently. However, Palm has to portray that ability in a way that connects without being cerebral. That being said, here's my idea for the pot (yes, it's a bit of an iPod ripoff):

Get a catchy, fast-paced song playing to a totally black screen. Then the Palm Pre's screen turns on close up, being held in somebody's silhouetted hands (black screen, Palm Pre, hand silhouette). Then they open up an application and their hands change to a color that kind of matches (maybe Facebook, and they turn light blue). Then a phone call alert pushes up, we see the hands accept the call, and the silhouetted hands take on another color, say green (I imagine kind of swirling with the blue like a Jello pudding pop ). After the "fingers" take the call, the camera zooms out in dramatic fashion (right on some dramatic beat from the music) to show a person taking the call and then quickly panning, following some colorful wisp, over to another person (also multicolored) who is also on the phone. The camera shows the person hanging up the phone, and then pans up close on their Pre to show them open up another application, say their email, which adds another color to the person, and that person jots out a quick, "Hello" email and then the camera pans off to follow a number of wisps to a bunch of people who all have multiple and different colors swirling through their bodies. The camera zooms in on one these new people's Pres, and it shows them flip through some cards to read the email and then quickly flip back to their music application (which gives the band that is playing a plug ), the person turns up the volume on their music, and the music coming through the TV turns up for us too. When the music turns up, the camera zooms out again to show all sorts of people dancing, talking animatedly, with colorfully silhouetted bodies against the same black screen. The commercial ends with Palm Pre and the release date positioned against the black screen with all of the cool colors flowing through the letters.

Whew.

waddayathink?
  5.    #25  
    ^ nice. i like it alot. Reminds me of the apple iphone commerical where all we see are hands and the hpone. but it;s much more involved and lively. it will show a number of features as well. And just music and eye candy, no voice over, is cool
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Here is a little chuckle ad I wanted to put up for us Pre watchers

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Here is a little chuckle ad I wanted to put up for us Pre watchers

Gold!!
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Here is what i thought of when reading a thread saying that the pre was going to be released on 3/15. Now that it looks unlikely (though it was always unlikley) they could use it if they start advertising on the 15th.

The pre is a true "smart" phone. It can almost think ahead, telling us what we need to know, before we know that we need to know it. So it's a Julius Cesar commercial. The Seer tells him to beware the ides of march, so Cesar puts it in his pre. Then when Brutus and the gang spring the trap Cesar is around the corner hiding, becuase his pre warned him to stay away.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts

Just add a small image of the Pre (not necessarily replace a stone above with the phone; that'd be cheesy) at the bottom of the image with a motto such as:
    "Enjoy life."
    "Be taken care of."
    "It knows what you need."
    "Synergize"
    "Relax - and synergize."

My ad idea would be based on:
    - organic natural-like design that resembles those hot stones above
    - Synergy, which brings together all your data sources (difference calendars, etc.) into one, to keep you zen, instead of surfing all over the web
    - 'pre-cog' abilities to research your day for you. This puts the 'smart' back in smartphone, which today just defines a PDA+media player+phone. 'Smart' should mean that it does other things for you without you telling/programming it to (Perhaps they should advertise it as Asimov Three Laws Compliant!!! Read/see "I, Robot" for more.)

I think the Pre will help the user return to the zen of Palm in a more...holistic way. Whereas other smartphone are convergence tools so we can maintain our hectic lifestyles while on the go, Palm go advertise completely in the other direction - instead of just providing access to everything, it will work to help you manage it.

At least I hope so.
    Monkeying around. Here's two I suppose could be used in a magazine or such avenue.

I think that is pretty good. I like both your second alternate graphs in the copy.

The orientation of the pre is exactly perfect for a single image of the device to show the slide.

Not in love with the single image of the woman in a silk shirt drinking. Women are going to be a big chunk of the audience, but I think you will see a more professional look in some demos and a younger look in others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

Just add a small image of the Pre (not necessarily replace a stone above with the phone; that'd be cheesy)
    It would be pretty interesting to see what replacing a stone with the Touchstone would look like. That would be a great advertisement for the Touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think that is pretty good. I like both your second alternate graphs in the copy.

The orientation of the pre is exactly perfect for a single image of the device to show the slide.

Not in love with the single image of the woman in a silk shirt drinking. Women are going to be a big chunk of the audience, but I think you will see a more professional look in some demos and a younger look in others.
    Fine, try this

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Fine, try this
    LOL, I haven't seen that pose since the German and Soviet 1930 propaganda posters,
    Start with a jumbled mess on the TV screen, like a messy desk: with post it notes, calendars (both hard copies and comperized), pictures, have computer windows popping with IM's, email notifications, documents, and several voice overs like the annoying AOL "You've got mail!" voice, a computerized voicemail voice saying, "You have 8 messages," several songs playing at one time etc., etc.

Then a hand places an opened Palm Pre superimposed on top of this chaotic heap, and gradully the voices and songs quiet down, the jumbled mess fades and collapses and is pulled behind the Pre, as the calendar and messaging "cards" show off their consolidating chops, eventually leaving a quiet and peaceful scene behind the device (like a landscape or a rock garden, you know, Zen like). The cards are tossed off, the phone closes and text fades in stating "Simplify." Then the calm voice over, "The Palm Pre, only on Sprint."

Too much like the Blackberry comercials?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I'm thinking that does nothing for me...sorry.

Throw in stuff that makes it clear that this is a new OS, has won best new product awards, never seen before features, multitouch screen, etc.

It has to wow people. That pic above tells me nothing. A new palm? Yawn.. Have to keep in mind that the vast majority have no clue this is a new OS, or throws away the stylus, etc.

Throw in stuff that makes it clear that this is a new OS, has won best new product awards, never seen before features, multitouch screen, etc.

It has to wow people. That pic above tells me nothing. A new palm? Yawn.. Have to keep in mind that the vast majority have no clue this is a new OS, or throws away the stylus, etc.
    Fair enough, but I think the vast majority of people don't even know what Palm is, and will not care about "new OS," lack of stylus, awards, multitouch, or anything else we harp on in these boards. For most people this is a brand new product, and they will not be comparing it to anything Palm produced previously, since most will not even know what those were.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Throw in stuff that makes it clear that this is a new OS, has won best new product awards, never seen before features, multitouch screen, etc. .
    I fully agree. This has got to be said.

Awards gives a social proof on performance, newness gives status.

These messages are especially needed by Palm and Sprint whch have exisitng negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Start with a jumbled mess on the TV screen, like a messy desk: with post it notes, calendars (both hard copies and comperized), pictures, have computer windows popping with IM's, email notifications, documents, and several voice overs like the annoying AOL "You've got mail!" voice, a computerized voicemail voice saying, "You have 8 messages," several songs playing at one time etc., etc.

Then a hand places an opened Palm Pre superimposed on top of this chaotic heap, and gradully the voices and songs quiet down, the jumbled mess fades and collapses and is pulled behind the Pre, as the calendar and messaging "cards" show off their consolidating chops, eventually leaving a quiet and peaceful scene behind the device (like a landscape or a rock garden, you know, Zen like). The cards are tossed off, the phone closes and text fades in stating "Simplify." Then the calm voice over, "The Palm Pre, only on Sprint."
    I understand the need you have identified. That is astute on your part. I think though you have to take care with blowback. By presenting the daunting amount of attention grabs, distraction and data overload you need to absolutely establish the Pre is the answer. Otherwise you set in the targets mind a pandoras box of chaos and follow with an assertion the device solves it. distracted peopel, and there are more everyday, have been buying filofaxes, then smart devices and only had more and more distractions

That message maybe good for the very young who are not negative on distraction through mass tecno driven connections, but as a general ad may create to many negative in the opening.

Okay, here's everything (so far known) and a bag of peanuts for ya. Good luck reading the fine print

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Okay, here's everything (so far known) and a bag of peanuts for ya. Good luck reading the fine print
    I like the awards.

I would get a cooked quotes on:
    "complete revolution in how you handle your life"
    "most elegant and forward design ever"
    I can't deliver on an actual production ad, but here is the concept for a video:

Image 1: Old mainframe computer room, perhaps IBM 360.
    Voiceover: Computers have offered multi-tasking since the 1960's...

Image 2: fade to Mac, Mac plus, or Mac SE screen (logo hidden) showing multiple windows with spreadsheet, text document, photo, etc.
    Voiceover: Everyday people have been using multi-tasking on their desktop computers since the 1980's...

Image 3: fade to 2009 large LCD computer screen with tabbed browser window, desktop photo background, Youtube/myspace video playing.
    Voiceover: Multi-tasking is the way we live our lives and the way we expect our technology to perform in 2009.

Image 4: fade to Palm Pre with cards flipping between apps
    Voiceover: Isn't it about time for multi-tasking on your smartphone? Now available: the award winning Palm Pre with a brand new webOS operating system, exclusively on Sprint, the nation's most reliable 3G network.

Continue with demo of OS features, including video and cut & paste. Conclude with comment to the effect, "All this, and a telephone, too."
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast