1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been asked before...I'm wondering what the latest buzz is on other carriers for the Pre besides Sprint?

I live in a very rural location and Sprint signal is reportedly not good here. AT&T is okay, but Verizon seems strongesthjereabouts.

I currently use a 680 on AT&T and reception indoors is iffy. I have started working a sales job and so I really need my cell to work all the time. My boss is pressuring me to get an iPhone but I am hooked on a QWERTY keyboard and have a 'lifetime' of data on my Treo (which works great most places and stands up to travel like it's built of steel).

Stephen

Treo 680 in 2006
    Treo 650 in 2004
    Treo 180 in 2002
    Palm Pilot since forever
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I've read here and elsewhere that Sprint is the exclusive carrier for 2009. I suppose it could open up after that.
    Yeah word is 2010 for other carriers as SPrint supposedly has a 1 year exclusive on the pre.
    Perhaps not one year, but clearly all of 09 according to 'a person in the know' per Reuters.
    Quote Originally Posted by scobb99 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before...I'm wondering what the latest buzz is on other carriers for the Pre besides Sprint?

I live in a very rural location and Sprint signal is reportedly not good here. AT&T is okay, but Verizon seems strongesthjereabouts.

I currently use a 680 on AT&T and reception indoors is iffy. I have started working a sales job and so I really need my cell to work all the time. My boss is pressuring me to get an iPhone but I am hooked on a QWERTY keyboard and have a 'lifetime' of data on my Treo (which works great most places and stands up to travel like it's built of steel).

Stephen

Treo 680 in 2006
    Treo 650 in 2004
    Treo 180 in 2002
    Palm Pilot since forever
    Verizon and Sprint, for the most part, roam off each others towers. So you should be able to use Verizons towers with Sprint.
  6.    #6  
    Wow, this is definitely the place to ask about this stuff.

Not sure if I can limp along with my 680 until the end of the year. May try to test Sprint coverage in my house (don't happen to know anyone around here with Sprint).

Thanks again.

Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by scobb99 View Post
    Wow, this is definitely the place to ask about this stuff.

Not sure if I can limp along with my 680 until the end of the year. May try to test Sprint coverage in my house (don't happen to know anyone around here with Sprint).

Thanks again.

Stephen
    I don't have Sprint coverage at my house so I switch it to Roaming when I get home. Verizon has full coverage so I feed off that at home and I get full signal with my Centro. Best of both worlds!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Keep in mind that the demo Pre at World Mobile conference had a Vodophone SIM card.

Vodophone OWNS part of Verizon Wireless (or vice versa)