Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was going to create a poll, but it looks like I didn't check the box.

Anyway, do you like the name 'Pre'?

Is it a good name to market? What YOU think?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I think it is an awful name. Too short and too easily confused with half a dozen other devices. What were they thinking!
    Not that it matter alot but yeah i think its a lame name. But again as long as I like the phone its good.
    I think it stinks actually. Great piece of hardware and some cool new features, but in some areas, palm leaves you wondering.. So much so that a slam dunk isn't a sure thing.
    I suppose it's better than "Post" - but only barely.
    *they beat me =(

If this phone if the Pre, then I am waiting for the "POST" version: GSM (US 3G bands) with at least 16GB (32GB would be better)...

=)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Kinda lame, but its being short will help it become easily adopted over time.
    I don't know how "Palm Pre" could be confused with anything... I like it though.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    To be honest, I think it is clever. They are using Pre as to mean the beginning of something new. This is the beginning of a whole new Palm with a whole new operating system. Right now the operating system and phones are in it's infant form of what it will become. The Pre means this is only the beginning.
    Sucks big time.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I think it's a nice name...but having the pro as well just confuses things. I can see reps at Sprint and Best Buy mixing up the phones all the time when people purchase them.
    The name sucks... but as long as it works well, I don't care if it was called "Palm Dog **** Phone" or even "PPhone" or even "Palm Windows Device."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Reminds me of the car named "Aspire".
    Hate it
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    To be honest, I think it is clever. They are using Pre as to mean the beginning of something new. This is the beginning of a whole new Palm with a whole new operating system. Right now the operating system and phones are in it's infant form of what it will become. The Pre means this is only the beginning.
    You sold me. Well said. As if you work for the Palm PRPRPR $department$. $If$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $already$ $work$ $for$ $them$, $hit$ $them$ $up$ $with$ $your$ $resume$.

I now officially like the name.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I think it could have been better, but I don't think it's horrible, and it's already grown on me.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Pre sounds good to me.
    I don't like it, sound like a food dish.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I don't really like it. I also think they shouldn't have used something that could be confused with "Pro". Look how many people get confused over the release date. Those "early" release dates seemed to have applied to the Pro. And I'm suspecting the March 15th rumor may really be the Pro also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't really like it. I also think they shouldn't have used something that could be confused with "Pro". Look how many people get confused over the release date. Those "early" release dates seemed to have applied to the Pro. And I'm suspecting the March 15th rumor may really be the Pro also.
    yup --

I agree with all the reasons why its a bad name.

Its even an awkward search term being a prefix (which might well be why prefix would be a good name for this forum, BTW) Perhaps Palm had not heard of the intertube or the Google when they had their naming brainstorm.

Perhaps to save cash, Palm, instead of hiring one of those pricey naming consultants, chose to contract this important task to a bunch of creative pre-schoolers ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast