Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61  
    Yes, and those people aren't often trained and informed properly on products in the pipeline. We know more about the phone than they do so their confusion would be understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    The people selling the phone and whose jobs and company future depend on it have endless confused them.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Yes, and those people aren't often trained and informed properly on products in the pipeline. We know more about the phone than they do so their confusion would be understandable.
    What I was getting at was that they should know better than the average person
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    How about "Palm Pro"? Yes, I know it is Treo Pro, but many others do not.
    Just like iPhone and iPhone 3G get confused?
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  4. #64  
    I understand the point you were making, but after dealing with sprint for quite a few years now (as many of us have) and knowing the level of knowledge those reps have about new and up and coming products; it just didn't seem to prove your point well...haha

    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    What I was getting at was that they should know better than the average person
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Just like iPhone and iPhone 3G get confused?
    Here's what gets confused on the iPhone. 2G and 3G. People sometimes think G means generation, when it really refers to type of data. I still see occasional screw-ups like this on Craig's List. People list 2G as 2nd generation, when 2nd generation really refers to the 3G one. You can tell they messed up when they post the pic.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Here's what gets confused on the iPhone. 2G and 3G. People sometimes think G means generation, when it really refers to type of data. I still see occasional screw-ups like this on Craig's List. People list 2G as 2nd generation, when 2nd generation really refers to the 3G one. You can tell they messed up when they post the pic.
    but this doesn't hurt apple, att or other carriers. with Pro/Pre the problem is a bit more since the products are concurrent and going to be priced extremely close
  7. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #67  
    Introducing Palm's "MOJO"

    I think the name of the SDK would have been better for the phone. After all, it's with this device that Palm's getting it mojo back. (Thus the apostrophe-s above, rather than just "the Palm Mojo".)

    They wanted the device to be a little organic, rounded like a pebble, but the name "Pre" is just so cold. Whereas "Mojo" is...well, if you had an electronic mojo, wouldn't it look like this? Think of the easy ad copy you could make: "Get YOUR Mojo...right here."

    According to Wikipedia, Mojo was the name of Homer Simpson's helper monkey. Potential trademark infraction or beneficial free advertising???

    The Austin Powers limited edition could have the touchstone backplate (black and rubberized!) and enhanced vibration alerts.
  8. #68  
    ^^

    YEs YES YES ... Mojo would have been a better name. this has been mnetioned in the forums before. That would have been a cool name
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  9. #69  
    Okay, I'm officially going into business. Since there's obviously a huge market for a renamed Pre, my product will be.........customizable, permanent self-adhesive logo/name rub-ons for the new Pre. As soon as you get your new Pre, you can just rub on your new name. And when someone asks what that new device is, you'll respond......

    Now everyone can have their Treo2 or Pilot or P1 or Palm1 or Castle or Mojo or whatever.

    Mojo is actually kinda nice, though.

    But I still think Pre has more meaning relative to Palm's forthcoming WebOS devices.

    I wonder if all subsequent names will begin with P (Palm Pillot, Pro, Pre...)
  10. #70  
    ^ i'd like a cut of the profits. thanks
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  11. #71  
    I dislike the name for the same reasons I've seen mentioned in this thread (which is why I didn't speak up sooner) - notably: poor, poor search term & the name itself sounds incomplete.

    I'd have taken "Preo," over "Pre" in a second. Yeah, I know it's not great, but it's got more going for it than the name Palm chose.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  12. #72  
    ^ it's more dsitinct
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #73  
    Or how about "PRESCIENT" (/preh-shint/), cos isn't that they were aiming for anyway.

    (Sounds a bit like a car tho...)
    Last edited by Goyena; 03/03/2009 at 02:13 PM.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    but this doesn't hurt apple, att or other carriers. with Pro/Pre the problem is a bit more since the products are concurrent and going to be priced extremely close
    I agree it doesn't hurt Apple or AT&T.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I dislike the name for the same reasons I've seen mentioned in this thread (which is why I didn't speak up sooner) - notably: poor, poor search term & the name itself sounds incomplete.

    I'd have taken "Preo," over "Pre" in a second. Yeah, I know it's not great, but it's got more going for it than the name Palm chose.
    Pre(without "Palm" in front) now shows up as a Sprint product on Google, about the 2nd or 3rd. So maybe Sprint has Google-Ad Words or worked on the keywords for the Pre page.

    That helps. The name still doesn't inspire me though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions