Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm thinking I finished the alarm clock tonight. I was imagining it was going to be about 40 hours total time spent, but turned out once I had a lot of the pieces in place it started to accelerate, and all together it was probably like 30 hours to complete.

With the new HTML5 <audio> tag, it made the mp3 playback exceedingly easy! My guess is that any audio format that works on the Treo or Centro should still work on the Pre, but don't quote that, I was testing with mp3's on Safari, which is the closest thing I have to the Pre. I guess I got lucky that webkit supports the draft HTML5 spec, Firefox didn't.

I'll probably do some alpha testing myself over the weekend, and then post it on my site for some of the phone-that-shall-not-be-named users at my office to try out since they have mobile safari and HVGA, and then some time midweek I'll put it out for public beta. Most of it will work with Firefox, but the alarm tone playback will only work with Safari, that I've tested, it may work with Chrome if you have it.
    Great Job!!!

I, for one, will be eagerly looking at your developments to hope to learn about webOS programming from it. My Chrome is all fired-up and ready.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    for you! I'm excited to see your app
    Awesome, glad to see someone has fixed palms mistake already. Can't wait to see how this app looks like
    Very cool. looking forward to checking this out
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Rock On!
    im excited, too!

hope it looks great!
    I'll add my congratulations too! I'm looking forward to playing with it. Do post a link here when you're ready.

I'll be interested to know how difficult it will be to port what you've got to the Pre once the SDK comes out.
    Looking forward to seeing it...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Awesome, glad to see someone has fixed palms mistake already. Can't wait to see how this app looks like
    He didn't fix their mistake: He fulfilled their prophecy.

(tried to dig the old alarm article back up, can't find it)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roboto View Post
    He didn't fix their mistake: He fulfilled their prophecy.
    I like to think of it as a call to arms... or a call to keyboard as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roboto View Post
    (tried to dig the old alarm article back up, can't find it)
    You mean this

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ats-crazy.html
    Woot! I am excited to test this when the Pre comes out!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    VERY MUCH looking forward to it thanks for your hard work!
    html5 doesn't specific what format of audio you can use, but webkit does, you might want to check palm developing guideline to make sure the using of correct audio format.

firefox 3.1 will be supporting html 5 audio/video tag, but with OSS codec.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    I'm thinking I finished the alarm clock tonight. I was imagining it was going to be about 40 hours total time spent, but turned out once I had a lot of the pieces in place it started to accelerate, and all together it was probably like 30 hours to complete.

With the new HTML5 <audio> tag, it made the mp3 playback exceedingly easy! My guess is that any audio format that works on the Treo or Centro should still work on the Pre, but don't quote that, I was testing with mp3's on Safari, which is the closest thing I have to the Pre. I guess I got lucky that webkit supports the draft HTML5 spec, Firefox didn't.

I'll probably do some alpha testing myself over the weekend, and then post it on my site for some of the phone-that-shall-not-be-named users at my office to try out since they have mobile safari and HVGA, and then some time midweek I'll put it out for public beta. Most of it will work with Firefox, but the alarm tone playback will only work with Safari, that I've tested, it may work with Chrome if you have it.
    That's great man! If it works out on the Pre you should post up a website with your work and give us the option to donate towards your efforts. You're doing a service for folks who really want these kind of apps on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post

So is it going to cost FREE?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Cost free?
    paradox no?

(just ribbing you...)

Well, he did spend time, and time is money... and times are tough right now... so...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Awesome work, here's hoping there are other enthusiastic coders like yourself already at work on Pre progs even before the SDK is out.
    an alarm clock will be the first app I install on my new pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast