Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Could the date on the shipping box gives clue as to the RELEASE DATE time frame? See the link below.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2009/02/pa...te-update.html
    Last edited by Jolsba; 02/26/2009 at 07:44 PM.
    link doesn't work
    It works for me but far be it for you to simply go to the main page of the link...

To save everyone the effort it is a blog article about the Dan Hesse interview. The associated picture is a poorly photoshopped (it looks so bad it might actually be Paint) image of a box with the Palm logo and an 'Urgent, Ship by June 09' sticker on it. In short nothing to see here and possibly a bit of spam to get hits for the aforementioned blog.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Well seeing as both palm and sprint have said the pre will be released in the first half of 09, I would say the June 09 date on that box fits in that time frame.
    It's not a fraudulently doctored photo, it's not real, it's not an attempt to mislead. It's a rather obvious intentionally made up photo illustration to accompany an article.

The box also has a "sticker" saying it contains a million phones fer chrise sake. It's a mock up, a graphic illustration, to illustrate copy in the article. Geez.

Spam? Yeah I guess.
    Just another opinion but at least he's thinking June. Now if you want a palm fanboy that would be Andrew over on his site that wrote that

I think he's getting paranoid it might go past June.
    Uh oh - I found the original picture. I'm certain this must be true!

WTF
    wow, hello!!!!! it has NOTHING to do with Palm, OR the ship dates on the phone. Its all about shipping BEFORE the first half of 09 is over. DRRRRRRR
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    haha .. to funny. This is what point we are out??

If you guys don't visit treonauts it's a really cool little blog site. It started when the 650 came out (to the best of my knowledge). They have some good articles and lot sof reviews.

I belive one of the authors is a member here.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    If we could award points for post quality, kupe would deserve 100!
    Totally Hilarious!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If we could award points for post quality, kupe would deserve 100!
    Totally Hilarious!
    It's my finest photoshop work ... err .. I mean it's absolutely true because I read it on the internet.
    Actually I have got an exclusive photo of the REAL unedited Pre box.

Obviously there has been more confusion.
    this is gooing downhill quick
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.