Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Certainly, Sprint and Palm KNOW of this countries serious problem with ADD. For me the timeline went something like this.

3 days ago: Whoa, sweet new phone, im gonna get one mad wife.

2 days ago: Cool phone, im going to research the interwebs about it. *research* hmm, no release date, lots of teasing

yesterday: Man, I hope this phone comes out in the next few hours or ill fall asleep on it

today: Yaaaaawn.
    Well I have been on this board since the phone was announced and I cannot say I have gotten bored of it as fast as you have. ..However, I am getting a little tired of the idea of no release date. If they would just give the date out, I would be content.
  3.    #3  
    exactly, its kind of like being arrogant to those who make you rich. We have this product, youre going to love it, its going to eventually come out, but were not going to let you know until you know. Instead of saying "hell, who knows when its coming out, we were just too quick to announce it, didnt get the bugs out, <<edited for inappropriate language>>

im going to miss my cheap sprint bill when they get bought out or go bankrupt
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/26/2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Well I have been on this board since the phone was announced and I cannot say I have gotten bored of it as fast as you have. ..However, I am getting a little tired of the idea of no release date. If they would just give the date out, I would be content.
    I'm in the same boat. I've been tracking every bit of Pre news since the announcement at CES. After over a month of waiting for some more significant info (release date/price/etc), I have gotten really tired of looking up Pre news. Every day I go looking for information that much less. I'm sure if this drags on for another month, I'll be pretty close to feeling the way I did before the CES presentation.
    Well, like many, I've been following it since a V employee in a store told me to wait until it came out before getting an HTC or BB Storm! So I've waited a month for CES, and now a month and a half after...and just grabbed a Centro to get me thru. Once I know it's working ok, I'll dump Teal on it and live with it for now. Yes, I need a bigger screen big time, and a frickin' keyboard that's a keyboard...but all that said, I'm feeling pretty good right now. I still have a Palm desktop app!, 3G, etc. And since no one's talking about how long the exclusive with Sprint is or when it's even coming out....I'm growing apathetic. Sad to say.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The excitement from the anticipation has faded, but not the determination to get one has not. Same thing is going to happen once I get it. I'm going to spend hours and hours messing with it. But eventually I'll just fall into the routine of simply using it.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    This is exactly why if it does not come out by Mid April I doubt I'll be getting it.

I only make these types of purchases when my hype meter is at a certain level. And it's fading fast.
  8.    #8  
    my hype meter was at a 10 3 days ago. a 3 at most today

i caught the instinct buzz RIGHT as it came out. Shoulda kept my treo.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    This is exactly why if it does not come out by Mid April I doubt I'll be getting it.

I only make these types of purchases when my hype meter is at a certain level. And it's fading fast.
    Does that mean you usually have buyer's remorse?

Sure I'd have been absolutely thrilled to get the Pre right after CES, and the excitement would have been higher than how I feel when I do eventually get it... but I know I still want the phone. The concept of the phone hasn't changed, and ways I can see myself using the phone can for the most part, only increase.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  10.    #10  
    no i am ok with the instinct. I dont have any remorse for buying it. But what I am talking about it that if a company is going to string its loyal (since I was 18 i have had sprint, never missed a payment, that is 8 years. I know 8 years isnt long but pretty much since being an "adult" i have had sprint) customers, just to try and build momentum for something that is going to quickly be outdated (see storm, how did THAT strategy treat verizon? From all I hear, storm was a BUST. Seeing the storm I was like, hmm. <<Edited by Berd -derogatory>>

seeing the phone (pre) now im like WHOOOA.

waiting to see it in person until sprint decides its ready, not giving me a choice to see if i would like to wait or not, yaaaaaawn.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I had a dream about the Pre a while back...thats right, a dream about a PHONE! (i need help). I was in a raging river about to be dashed against rocks and I couldnt quit playing with the Pre.

Now I'm back to reading reviews on the Touch Pro. Sprint/Palm had better hurry!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    My interest hasn't wanned but my concern that there may be some technical or legal issues increase as time goes by.

Okay, granted Palm said it will be released sometime in the first half of 2009 and granted they may have nothing new to tell us.....but all of these posts on TreoCentral just keep getting my hopes up and thinking it will be any day now. So, I guess it's TreoCentral's fault.
    No phone or smart phone or PDA is worth doubling my monthly bill unless it has the ability to physically gratify built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by feces View Post
    No phone or smart phone or PDA is worth doubling my monthly bill unless it has the ability to physically gratify built in.
    A entirely new level of rationalization.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    A entirely new level of rationalization.
    not really new ive heard people say (and i paraphrase)

<<edited for inappropriate language>>

ever since like 1st grade, way back in the 80s.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/26/2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    This is the reason why apple is doing soo well!..... They make an announcement about a new product, and it's out the next day or in a week. Not "we'll have it out as soon as possible" or "first half of 09". That's BS!! And aren't' these guys from apple? They should know better then to pull this crap!!

P.S. Sorry for the rant. I'm not an iphone or apple fan boy. The only thing i have from apple is an ipod touch. I refuse to buy an iphone! It's nothing but flashy gimmicks and the apple name. My first smart phone was a treo 650, and i just loved it! But the palm os got old and stagnant, so i moved on to WM. After two years of t-mobile mda, i'm ready to come back to the mother ship. I've put aside $800 for a gsm pre. If they don't come out with the pre in 2 months i'm buying a G1.

So palm, if your readying this. Hurry the H#$$ UP and take my money!!
    The phone went from a day 1 purchase to a wait and see approach for me. The more I hear about what it can't do and what basic features it lacks, the less excited I am about it. The way things are going, I may just wait until the OS/SDK matures before I hop on board.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    If SERO plan = no pre, and the iphone 2,1 is being advertised and is "better" than the pre I probably won't get a pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    This is the reason why apple is doing soo well!..... They make an announcement about a new product, and it's out the next day or in a week. Not "we'll have it out as soon as possible" or "first half of 09". That's BS!! And aren't' these guys from apple? They should know better then to pull this crap!!

P.S. Sorry for the rant. I'm not an iphone or apple fan boy. The only thing i have from apple is an ipod touch. I refuse to buy an iphone! It's nothing but flashy gimmicks and the apple name. My first smart phone was a treo 650, and i just loved it! But the palm os got old and stagnant, so i moved on to WM. After two years of t-mobile mda, i'm ready to come back to the mother ship. I've put aside $800 for a gsm pre. If they don't come out with the pre in 2 months i'm buying a G1.

So palm, if your readying this. Hurry the H#$$ UP and take my money!!
    +1

I think it is getting rediculous. I don't really care that much but I know people that are on the fence are just going to get something else because of the delay.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    What delay? The first half of 2009 means "by the end of June" and anyone with an ounce of common sense should have expected June. Try to take deep breaths. There's nothing out there now or by that time that will change things significantly.

There's a ton of products introduced at CES that aren't out yet. This isn't a palm thing. Dish for example said Spring 2009 for their receiver.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast