Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    TOA, chances are, i will get one if i like it when it comes out, but im not going to be making a countdown calendar like some of you already have.
    You don't seem to get it. Noone is "locked" into a contract. Pay the ETF if you want out or return in 30 days. I'll have to pay to get out of the iphone plan, but i can sell the iphone and with what i save with sprint, i come out way ahead.

BTW..apple isn't coming out with an iphone that has a kb. Of all the speculation of what a new iphone might have, i dont' even think that's on their list of possibles.

But it doesn't matter what apple comes out with or when. Palm isn't competing directly with them. They'll get some iphone customers, but they're not really targeting the beginner users or those solely interested in multimedia.

Still if one is considering the iphone, why wouldn't they wait til summer knowing apple is likely to come out with one? In this sense, it doesn't really matter when the Pre debuts. Palm has no reason to fear what apple is doing in regard to the Pre launch.
  3.    #43  
    cardfan, <<personal attack>> I dont think that the new Iphone will come with a brazilian supermodel either, they were just hypotheticals. Come on man, get outside your little box a little bit.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Sorry, but its still hard to give you the benefit of the doubt based on your posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    same here, I like new shiny toys when Apple announced the Iphone nothing else was around. same old symbian or WM.
    Every morning I wake up and hope to read that the Pre is finally for sale in GSM :-)
    Like dmefoc, if the pre comes in June at the same time as the new iphone I will wait but if the Pre is out in March I will just go ahead and Palm will have some of my dough as I need my FIX !
    It would be interesting to know how many of the people in here who are discouraged by not having an actual release date and threaten to switch carriers, get whatever is available now, or wait to see what Apple has in store for the next iPhone, actually visit forums specific to these "other" devices they may switch to and debate as heavily as they do in these forums about the Pre.
    I know I want the Pre and am happy with Sprint. I know I don't want an iPhone (or any device with WinMo) and won't switch to AT&T. Because of my non interest in another device or mobile operating system or carrier I don't go visiting those forums and involve myself in heated debates or negative banter about their device or service (keeping in mind NOBODOY has owned a Pre at this point).
    So why are people, whose postings lead one to believe they would be just as happy getting something other than the Pre and aren't really concerned with what carrier they're on, be debating so heavily in the Pre forums??
    I mean, forget the Pre, get the phone you want NOW on whatever carrier that turns out to be and move on.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  7.    #47  
    i am a sprint customer, why would i be on a site for iphone? I have no way to get an iphone until my sprint contract is over.

As for waiting, I never said i HAD to have a phone now, i just got the instinct last year, im in no hurry. Im just pointing out it seems to me that palm/sprint FUBARed this one.
    How have they FUBAR'd it? They've demoed it at two of the largest electronic shows (winning 3 "Best of CES" awards) and said it will be out 1st half of 2009. How have the screwed up thus far?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #49  
    Im going to pretend youre NOT joking, but i really know you have to be. So I will answer your JOKING question.

They FUBARed this by giving us a demo of a product they cannot release yet. By showing us how amazing their model is HOPEFULLY going to be. Now they have to follow through on all these things, and I think they probably either cannot within the time frame they have given us, or they think they are holding onto THE iphone killer, and are going about advertising just like the storm did, all hush hush.

Listen, I AM A SPRINT CUSTOMER, one more time, I AM A SPRINT CUSTOMER, so them succeeding benefits me greatly as I ALSO own stock in sprint. This makes this DOUBLE frustrating for me because I want so badly for this to be an Iphone-like phenomena. However, they are going about it like Verizon did with the storm, which has turned out to be a flop (have you seen/played with the storm?)
  10.    #50  
    Furthermore, to have FORMER APPLE EMPLOYEES behind this, THEY of all people should be jumping up and down screaming about the way this is all going down. "Hey, we are from the top dog of Cell phones, this is NOT the way we had success over there"
    Quote Originally Posted by dmefoc View Post
    iAs for waiting, I never said i HAD to have a phone now, i just got the instinct last year, im in no hurry. Im just pointing out it seems to me that palm/sprint FUBARed this one.
    What on earth did they foobar? the target release window ends July 1.

I agree there are a lot of similarities with the instinct problem and the iphone buzz that swallowed its launch.

This will be the natural comparison and virtually every article I have seen on Pre mentions iphone and up high, but Sprint and essentially Palm had to annoucne at CEW. Palm would have been dead in the water and perhaps belly up bankrupt if they didn't announce early. they had no choice.
    i am a sprint customer, why would i be on a site for iphone? I have no way to get an iphone until my sprint contract is over.

As for waiting, I never said i HAD to have a phone now, i just got the instinct last year, im in no hurry. Im just pointing out it seems to me that palm/sprint FUBARed this one.
    Umm..go sign up with at&t and buy an iphone. Pay the sprint etf and ebay the Instinct. What's this "i have no way to get an iphone" stuff about?

What possessed you to buy the Instinct anyways? Why didn't you get the iphone at that time? If i'm comparing just those two...there's no contest.
    Im going to pretend youre NOT joking, but i really know you have to be. So I will answer your JOKING question.

They FUBARed this by giving us a demo of a product they cannot release yet. By showing us how amazing their model is HOPEFULLY going to be. Now they have to follow through on all these things, and I think they probably either cannot within the time frame they have given us, or they think they are holding onto THE iphone killer, and are going about advertising just like the storm did, all hush hush.
    No, I wasn't joking. I don't understand your thought process that given the opportunity to demo this device at the venues they did, you say they should have passed on those events. To me, that would have been a MAJOR FUBAR. I don't know the answer to this next question, but how many devices that get revealed at these electronics shows are actually available for purchase by consumers within 2-3 months of the show?

Palm Pre wallpapers
  14.    #54  
    Dunno, dont care. But MOST of those devices are demod in there current state, as they will be sold. Its not a gaurantee with the Pre.

Cardfan, <<personal attack>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Um, isn't this true for every pretty much every phone at MWC too? Can you buy a Touch Pro2? An Omnia 16GB? Can you buy a Windows Mobile 6.5 handset? Oh, and didn't Apple announce the iPhone in January 2007 and release it in June 2007?

I guess the entire cell industry is FUBARed?
    <<removed quote>>.
    Hey you bought the Instinct, not me..lol Sounds like you FUBARed it.. But i'm confident you'll use the same savvy reasoning in choosing between the Pre and any new iphone as you must have done when buying the Instinct.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2009 at 10:57 AM.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Hey you bought the Instinct, not me..lol
    touche
  18.    #58  
    and actually, I didnt buy it, they gave it to me because i called and <<Note from Berd: the filters aren't there so we can swear and it won't matter>> about my treo
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/27/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Dunno, dont care. But MOST of those devices are demod in there current state, as they will be sold. Its not a gaurantee with the Pre.
    To back up what you're saying, that they FUBAR'd by demoing the phone without it being release ready, I think it is important to know the readiness of other products that are also demoed at these shows. You're specifically pointing the finger at Palm saying shame on you for demoing a device not ready to be released, but if this is the case with most (or at least 50% of) devices demoed at these shows then the entire electronics industry is FUBAR by your standards.
    And there has been not a single indicator that the Pre device seen at these shows won't be released in the state (form factor) we saw it in.
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/27/2009 at 09:48 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Months drone on"?
    Wow, its fun to cut a small part of what someone said out of context then rant on them about it. What'd I say...

"weeks and months drone on"
    Oh....Weeks and months. So I couldn't possibly be saying as the weeks, which will lead onto MONTHS, drone on the more and more the buzz is fading from me. So yes, the buzz has faded more 4 weeks in than 2 weeks in and 6 weeks in and 4 weeks in and a month from now it'll likely be lower.

Lets see, mikah, do you think its been too long since they made the announcement?

It has been SIX weeks!
    Oh come on mikah, don't be so melodramitc. I mean, I know you feel SIX weeks is long but put it in perspective. I mean, they've done a lot since announcing haven't they?

Palm has established a new web site
    No Mikah, they've done more than just that. You really shouldn't exaggerate so much.

See, its not exactly fun when people take something you say, edit it to make it look like you're saying something you're not, and then rant on you about it huh?

I'm not saying its not understandable for Palm to be doing this. They said first half of the year, June is the likely release date, that makes sense. I don't blame them for it.

At the same time.

That doesn't change the fact that for some of us, the farther we get from CES without information the more the buzz fades. For those of us that were looking for new phones in January and stopped only cause we saw the pre, the lure to go ahead and get a new one now instead of waiting a possible 2 to 4 months, barring any bug issues that delay the release, helps to kill the Buzz. This isn't Palm's fault, but it doesn't change the fact its happening for some people.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast