Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    some of you people have an attention span of a gnat...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Well I have been on this board since the phone was announced and I cannot say I have gotten bored of it as fast as you have. ..However, I am getting a little tired of the idea of no release date. If they would just give the date out, I would be content.
    The above poster can consider me a gnat.

I got a diamond around the time it first came to Sprint, and like the phone but I need something with a bigger screen. 2.8" just doesn't cut it, especially when it has so much wasted real-estate on its front (A good 1/3rd of the front isn't even screen).

I was considering switching to AT&T and the iPhone because to a point entertainment purposes are more important to me than the flexibility of Windows Mobile, and I wanted an OS designed specifically to be used with Touch (TouchFLO is nice, but is lipstick on a pig).

CES was literally about a week before I was going to make the purchase...

And it put me on hold. The Pre was beautiful, and definitely has me hyped. But as the weeks and months drone on, and the more and more I keep going "man I want a new phone other than this Diamond", the closer I am to saying "Screw it" and going for the iPhone.
    "Months drone on"?

The announcement was Jan. 8th. Today is February 26th.

It has been SIX weeks. The first iPhone was announced in January and came out in June, and in between, there wasn't a wealth of additional info. It's been SIX weeks, and Palm has established a new web site that has been updated, made one (of many to come) Meet Pre video, done a developer teleconference open to the public, and done countless demos of a product that isn't even ready to ship yet.

I think people here are losing perspective.
    Not sure if the are losing perspective or if they are I-phonites bad mouthing the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Months drone on"?

It has been SIX weeks. The first iPhone was announced in January and came out in June, and in between, there wasn't a wealth of additional info. It's been SIX weeks, and Palm has established a new web site that has been updated, made one (of many to come) Meet Pre video, done a developer teleconference open to the public, and done countless demos of a product that isn't even ready to ship yet.

Some sanity in an ocean of madness.
    The longer it takes, the more I want it.
    Sprint and Palm want a flawless launch, hopefully this will ensure that.
    When they said first HALF of 2009, was I the only one who figured that meant the later part of that half?
    it all comes down to if u want a buggy Pre in march or a bug free Pre in june... if u can't wait... don't buy it...that simple
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    "Months drone on"?

I concur...
    Three days to lose interest. You never were then!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    There are few things in life that get me this hyped, like the Pre, that I'd lose interest in within 3 days time. Certain women, market trading, and the prospect of retirement (yay) in this economy are about all that come to mind atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    it all comes down to if u want a buggy Pre in march or a bug free Pre in june... if u can't wait... don't buy it...that simple
    You mean buggy in march or less buggy in june. There is no such thing as bug free.

And I will take "buggy in march" for 200, Alex.
  11.    #31  
    for me, its not the fact that it came out in CES that makes me expect it soon, its the fact that its on sprints website, palms website, with specifications.

Say for example, (remember, this is just an example, and completely hypothetical) that they cannot get the keyboard working right to bring it down, and they have to completely revamp it, then what? We were promised a phone with stuff no longer on it.

Not likely, which leads me to believe that they ALREADY tested everything, or they are putting all their eggs in one basket.

in short, i believe its ready, sprint just wants to build up mystique like verizon did with the storm commercials "oh its just a blackberry, everyones seen a blackberr... whoa"

yeah, worked real well for them.
    The hype is fading for me also... This is the problem for me (and I think for a lot of people as well), I have the iPhone and its obvious that the Pre brought touchscreen phones to another level. Well if the Pre comes out now then I'll cancel ATT and go with Sprint immediately, BUT if the Pre wont come out until June than I will just wait and see if Apple is going to come out with a new version of the iPhone. So if Palm delays the release date than its possible that they will lose my business... Again...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    The hype is fading for me also... This is the problem for me (and I think for a lot of people as well), I have the iPhone and its obvious that the Pre brought touchscreen phones to another level. Well if the Pre comes out now then I'll cancel ATT and go with Sprint immediately, BUT if the Pre wont come out until June than I will just wait and see if Apple is going to come out with a new version of the iPhone. So if Palm delays the release date than its possible that they will lose my business... Again...
    Same here in the uk
    So if Palm delays the release date than its possible that they will lose my business... Again...
    When you say delay the release date, are you referring to any date past 6/30/09? They still have a little over 4 months to get the Pre out when promised.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  15.    #35  
    i think he is referring to if they delay any further. Meaning it needs to come out long before the new iPhone or there is no reason to switch from iphone to pre, when a new iphone is going to come out.
    If they lose your business, then so be it. You'll still compare phones and choose what works best for you. Palm will still sell out and its main worry will be producing enough Pre's to meet demand.

Let's try the reverse. Why would you buy a Pre now if you KNOW that apple is coming out with a new iphone in July or so? It sounds like you just want a new phone and don't really care about the differences.

Myself, i can wait 3 or 4 more months. WM isn't for me. Android isn't an option while on tmobile. The iphone plan is just too expensive to continue on a network that gives me lousy service and coverage.
    So if Palm delays the release date than its possible that they will lose my business... Again...
    How are they losing your business ... again? They don't have your business now to lose. You might be a lost opportunity, but you're hardly filling their coffers with gold.

However, if the Pre came out next week, you purchased it, and 4 months later the new and improved iPhone came out and you switched back to AT&T, THEN Palm would lose your business again. But by waiting until June to release the Pre, Palm saves themselves the extra churn step you're trying to introduce. Are they geniuses or what?
    "Months drone on"?

I agree. We have two working 755p that do everything we expected them to do at the time of purchase. Plus I have been with Sprint for 10 years and I don't have major complaints. I want the Pre really bad and excitement is not fading one bit. I'll start complaining if is July 1st and is not out yet.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  19.    #39  
    Kupe youre not serious are you? You realize that is primarily the reason for contracts?

No, its not genius in the least bit. Every day they wait to release THEIR product, its a day closer to Apple releasing THEIR product. If I were to say "Pre comes out tomorrow, Im buying" that locks me into sprint for AT LEAST 2 years. Once I have purchased the handset, its a tickmark for both sprint and Palm.

Now on the otherhand, if I say "hmm, the pre is coming out June 10th (example date) and Apple just announced they will be rolling out the brand spanking new Iphone with a keyboard, and it comes with a brazilian supermodel, its coming out june 15th"

which do you think im going to get? That IS lost business for Palm and Sprint because that is $$$ NOT coming to them, that if they had handled this differently, it would have been.
    I love it! All you "fading fast" people will just make it easier for me to get a Pre on launch day.

Mm yeah thanks.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast