1.    #1  
    Just kinda curious what those of us who do not know the difference between an app and an apple will notice differently on this phone as opposed to my current phone (instinct)?

can someone be so kind as to break it down "dummy style" for those of us who think "awww pretty phone" and will spend money if its worth it.
    I think you need to watch the long demonstrations of it on Palm's site on youtube to find out for yourself. Trying to explain it in text would just get confusing and boring.
  3.    #3  
    military installations for some odd reason block youtube. Probably a good idea though.
    I'd say the same thing no matter what phone you're asking about. It all depends on your needs. Some people do absolutely nothing with their phone other than make phone calls. If that's you, then you will get nothing out of the Pre. If you want better multimedia capability, better web browser, physical slide out keyboard, an easy way to seamlessly combine contacts from different address books and facebook and many other places, and the ability to do everything you want at the same time without losing data... then you may want to consider the Pre when it comes out.

None of us really know if the Pre will be better than other phones available, but from what I've seen in demos so far, it looks really impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmefoc View Post
    Just kinda curious what those of us who do not know the difference between an app and an apple will notice differently on this phone as opposed to my current phone (instinct)?

can someone be so kind as to break it down "dummy style" for those of us who think "awww pretty phone" and will spend money if its worth it.
    Wellllll......

1) It's got a real keyboard, and Instinct doesn't. So when you are on the Web, you will get to enjoy the entire 3.1 inch screen without stuff getting in the way.
    2) It's got a gesture area, so again...the screen is clear while your fingers can stay below it for navigation
    3) It will have better apps than Instinct.
    4) It's got a better screen than Instinct (higher resolution and it's capacitive, so it works better with your fingers)
    5) It's got a much better Web browser than Instinct.
    6) It will have awesome management of all of your Facebook contacts, email friends, IM friends, and phone book peeps into one easy list
    7) It has a much better calendar than Instinct
    8) It's more customizable than Instinct.
    9) Better camera than Instinct.

Hopefully, that'll do. Lemme know if you need more.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This is what it will do for the typical usage.

"So I put in my gmail account details here.."

"wow! it's like magic - I didn't have to manually key in all my contacts off my sim card!"

6) It will have awesome management of all of your Facebook contacts, email friends, IM friends, and phone book peeps into one easy list
    I wonder about that and how that will work - people here are freaks - we use proper names when organising our contacts. Most people still use their sim card and store people as

Stevie WORK

Steve home

Stevo hom

and so on (same for email).