1.    #1  
    I was just at a Sprint Store in Austin, TX asking when Pre would be out. Manager said Sprint is tight lipped about the release date. Another employee pulled out a Treo Pro dummy handset and said it (Treo Pro) would be out "soon."
    Thanks for Sharing.
    We hope soon.

I know DarthPooh will be excited to hear this.
    Just call me Berd.
    Good post. You and I are close as far as geography goes. I was at Best Buy in San Antonio the other day and they had pricing and dummy phones out on the floor. I didn't think to ask if the phone was available for purchasing or not, because I assumed it was!

I took pics and all!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I went into my sprint store in leawood kansas and asked if they had a dummy pro. The host pulled out his personal phone and it was a fully functional pro! The keys are the same size as the centro just spaced farther apart. And yes, I got to play with it for a bit, and it actually ran well. I asked what he thought about the pre and he said there was a lawsuit stopping it from beinv released sooner, which is complete bull haha. But I thought it was interesting that he had the sprint pro even though it was apparently recalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    I went into my sprint store in leawood kansas and asked if they had a dummy pro. The host pulled out his personal phone and it was a fully functional pro! The keys are the same size as the centro just spaced farther apart. And yes, I got to play with it for a bit, and it actually ran well. I asked what he thought about the pre and he said there was a lawsuit stopping it from beinv released sooner, which is complete bull haha. But I thought it was interesting that he had the sprint pro even though it was apparently recalled.
    There are quite a few of us that have it............no news there. I walked into a BestBuy store Jan 27 and 20 minutes later walked out with a Sprint activated Pro
    And hopefully before 30 days is up they all take it back.
    I really wonder how many got sold. How many aren't aware that the STP they have was recalled.
    Just call me Berd.
    I went into a Sprint store because i needed service and repair on my 755p. I asked when the PRE is coming out and they said they have it in the back, so i asked to see it, lo and behold it was a PRO. Even the guy was confused so he had to scan it and look it up in the computer to make sure.
    I went into my sprint store in leawood kansas and asked if they had a dummy pro. The host pulled out his personal phone and it was a fully functional pro!
    Those are functioning "advocates" models given out a week or two before launch of a phone. In the case of the advocates most would still be holding onto them so it isn't meaningful. In terms of adverting material like dummy phones, posters ,vidoes and sell sheets those have been slowly moving into stores.

I saw a video playing on the screen with the Pro in January at one of the local Sprint stores
    i was in a best buy yesterday and they said it would be released march 25th. i called sprint and they said mid march. i pinned him down to before the 20th. we"ll see...
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I was just in a Sprint store in Sunnyvale. They said they have been hearing JULY for both Pro & Pre.

It seems Sprint rumor channel is pretty bad.
    Anyone heard of Palm software called "Takephone"? Check out their website, read the top. HMMMMMMMM.......

Also, out of shear boredom today I chatted it up with a Sprint rep to ask about the release. She said the Pre missed it's launch of Feb 15th and doesn't have a new date. I asked her twice if she was talking about the Pro, she said "no, this is for the Palm Pre".

I love CSR rumors so much, we should have a dedicated thread for them and we should each log in and ask every day and post results. Maybe at some point Sprint will see the chat log reports and get the hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Anyone heard of Palm software called "Takephone"? Check out their website, read the top. HMMMMMMMM.......

... we should have a dedicated thread for them ...
    There are already several (many) release date threads, and a couple for Takephone.
    that was Tim. he's the treo pro advacite for the town center store. I know cause I live in raymore. lol. small world.

I hit the advocate in the belton store up for over an hour. I tought him so much it was funny. he never had a wm device before. lol.
    cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 02/27/2009 at 06:54 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There are already several (many) release date threads, and a couple for Takephone.
    I just now found one (1) thread discussing Takephone's "Eve of the Pre sale". I apologize for posting it again.

Also, can you please link me the preferred thread to post comments about release dates if this one is not kosher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    She said the Pre missed it's launch of Feb 15th and doesn't have a new date. I asked her twice if she was talking about the Pro, she said "no, this is for the Palm Pre".
    I went into a Sprint store this past Wednesday, spoke to the "Greeter" sitting at a podium like desk just inside the store entrance. I was given the same "it was supposed to launch on Feb 15th but didn't make it" answer. She went on to say it's new release time frame is late March to middle of April. I asked her to describe the phone to make sure she was talking about the Pre.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I went into a Sprint store this past Wednesday, spoke to the "Greeter" sitting at a podium like desk just inside the store entrance. I was given the same "it was supposed to launch on Feb 15th but didn't make it" answer. She went on to say it's new release time frame is late March to middle of April. I asked her to describe the phone to make sure she was talking about the Pre.
    It's kind of strange that so many Sprint employees thought it would come out on Feb 15th.