Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have never really paid much attention to phone launches until I saw the Pre. For those that have paid attention, when Sprint says coming soon what does soon usually mean? A month... 3 months... 4 months?

The reason why I ask is because I got an email from them to upgrade to a phone for a great deal. On the bottom is shows the Pre and coming soon.

sprint.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by corepunch View Post
    I have never really paid much attention to phone launches until I saw the Pre. For those that have paid attention, when Sprint says coming soon what does soon usually mean? A month... 3 months... 4 months?

The reason why I ask is because I got an email from them to upgrade to a phone for a great deal. On the bottom is shows the Pre and coming soon.

sprint.jpg
    http://a676.g.akamaitech.net/f/676/7...spect_F_09.jpg
    Vyruz, are you trying to specifically point out something in your link?
    It's the same pic (only yours is cropped) the OP linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Vyruz, are you trying to specifically point out something in your link?
    It's the same pic (only yours is cropped) the OP linked.
    My guess is he re-uploaded it to a public image gallery so guests of this forum could see it. (guests can't view attachments)
    Hahaha, I just got that email. I opened it, but the bottom half wasn't showing, and I didn't even see the Pre. Funny. Deleted it right away though.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Humm...why didn't I get the email?! I deserve to know!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryand833 View Post
    My guess is he re-uploaded it to a public image gallery so guests of this forum could see it. (guests can't view attachments)
    Ah, ok. Didn't know that. I was there going back & forth between images...To see if there was any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Humm...why didn't I get the email?! I deserve to know!!!
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    I kid, I kid.
    I got it, much ado about nothing.
    Pre or bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by corepunch View Post
    IFor those that have paid attention, when Sprint says coming soon what does soon usually mean? A month... 3 months... 4 months?
    You have to look to the Sprint Instinct, Sprint is following the exact same script they used for one prior phone, the "iphone killer" Sprint Instinct.

Of over 200 Sprint roll outs it is the only phone launch that shares all the same criteria bleow:
    both announced at a major industry event
    Both announced at joint event with head of maker and head of sprint
    both publicly announced 4 months or so before sales
    both announced with Hess saying ARPU as his first comments
    both announced with Hess saying "everything plans" as his second comment
    both spun as iphone killers or iphone response
    both won their rollout event's "best in show product"
    both tied to iphone by tech blogs and press

So Sprint had "coming soon banner on the site right after CTIA with instinct and launched about four months later. Three to five months for Pre is also likely. Most phones they say nothing about, never mention, acknowledge as bing part of future lineup, hold no press events, etc until the day of sales.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you aero. That is the kind of information I was looking for. I vaguely remember the Instinct, but I really didn't pay attention to it from the time it was revealed until launch. I was just wondering what soon meant to Sprint, and it sounds like 3 to 5 months.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Still getting tough to wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by snowquest View Post
    Still getting tough to wait...
    I agree. I think we need some more baseless rumors to tie us over.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I agree. I think we need some more baseless rumors to tie us over.
    ok... so i heard the Pre also be released w/ Win Mo 6.5. I read it on this windows rumors blog, who spoke to a guy, who works at a store, that they can identify for his safety.

Did anyone else here this ?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I have a friend who has a cousin who has an uncle who has a brother in law that knows a girl that has a step brother whose girlfriend has a niece that works at a store that cant be named for security reasons that says the Pre will be realese the second Tuesday of next week.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel28 View Post
    I have a friend who has a cousin who has an uncle who has a brother in law that knows a girl that has a step brother whose girlfriend has a niece that works at a store that cant be named for security reasons that says the Pre will be realese the second Tuesday of next week.....
    How many Tuesdays are there next week?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    How many Tuesdays are there next week?
    I think there's 3 Tuesdays next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ok... so i heard the Pre also be released w/ Win Mo 6.5. I read it on this windows rumors blog, who spoke to a guy, who works at a store, that they can identify for his safety.

Did anyone else here this ?
    No, I heard the Palm Pre will come in a Linux version and a Windows Vista (64 bit only) version.

It is said that Palm wanted to use Windows 7 but the confusion between Windows 7 and windows mobile 7 was not worth the risk...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    No, I heard the Palm Pre will come in a Linux version and a Windows Vista (64 bit only) version.

It is said that Palm wanted to use Windows 7 but the confusion between Windows 7 and windows mobile 7 was not worth the risk...
    Haw! Your sig. = Ban Thread Crappers. Yeah... I used a binary translator for that. Maybe I should be banned now.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryand833 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Haw! Your sig. = Ban Thread Crappers. Yeah... I used a binary translator for that. Maybe I should be banned now.
    Goat too curious?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast