Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

I used my new every two at Verizon to upgrade from a Treo700P to the Centro. Why you say???????

1. I have been following the PRE from its NOVA days with the firm intent of jumping ship from Verizon and going to Sprint. But now that the time to fish or cut bait is approaching, I am going to stay with Verizon. I think Verizon has better coverage and is in a much stronger financial position than Sprint. They will be here in 18 months.

2. Verizon cut my data plan costs in half when I went to the Centro. Not to mention that the upgrade was free.

3. I use Shadow Plan and Agendus Pro at work to keep my projects organized. I can't live without those two apps. The way they plug into each other is perfect for scheduling, meeting organizing, and resource tracking.

4. It looks like I will be able to upgrade again in 18 months. By then PRE should be a Verizon choice and some project manager and Agendus will have a WebOS version.

I will continue to faithfully check the PreCentral.net website daily to follow what I think is the best phone built by man, but I will wait longingly, patiently for my turn to come in 18 months.

Last edited by DRKayak; 02/25/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    I think your first point is kind of silly, but there's nothing wrong with not jumping ship. Buy the device that fits your needs.
    The problem is, now you actually have to use a centro.
    Also, which of these things did you not know the first second after the CES announcement that you know now that it's "time to cut bait"?

I mean, your reasons are your reasons, but when was getting the Pre on Sprint ever for you? Never, as far as I can see.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It took a few weeks for reason to calm desire enough to make the choice after CES.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    good things happen to those who wait....
    It took that long to see that it likely wouldn't have your PalmOS apps at launch? In the meantime, Palm and Sprint's stock has been on an uptick.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Yeah, it took that long. The Pre is just so sexy! I mean it is a great phone! I just have to wait for the apps to catch up. That was a hard choice to make. But it was time to dump the 700P. The resets finally got my goat.
    Last edited by DRKayak; 02/25/2009 at 10:49 AM.
    No problem, sir. It's going to take a while to bring hardcore PalmOS people onboard. But I don't think there's anything bad about a steady conversion/new customer surge.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKayak View Post

2. Verizon cut my data plan costs in half when I went to the Centro. Not to mention that the upgrade was free.
    How did the data plan get cut in half? Aren't they both treated as PDA's with the same data plans? Since this is moving OT mods can move this or OP can answer via PM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Verizon was charging me $49.95 for the Treo for the past two years. I went in last fall and tried to get a break and change to their new $29.95 unlimited plan but they said the plan only qualified for Crackberries. Now, when I final decided to go with the Centro they offered me the $29.95 plan. I called BS but they said they just added the Palm line to the plan except for pre-existing Palms. Well, rather than argue a moot point, I took the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKayak View Post
    Verizon was charging me $49.95 for the Treo for the past two years. I went in last fall and tried to get a break and change to their new $29.95 unlimited plan but they said the plan only qualified for Crackberries. Now, when I final decided to go with the Centro they offered me the $29.95 plan. I called BS but they said they just added the Palm line to the plan except for pre-existing Palms. Well, rather than argue a moot point, I took the money.
    Not to rub it in, but I pay $15 for data on my Sprint Centro. Over 18 months, you'll pay $270 more for data than I will, and you've already been paying $35/month more.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I hope Sprint keeps you on that plan when you upgrade to the Pre. Of course I would expect that, but there have been whisperings on the board that they may force Pre users to an expensive plan. Much like AT&T does with the IPhone. Verizon would probably follow suit in the future if Sprint does it at Pre launch.

No telling though until launch, right?
    Oh, there's no way in hell I will be able to stay on this plan, but the good part is that the rest of my family is starting to want smartphones too, so switching them to an Everything Data Family 1500 will save us even more money when I switch to the Pre (plus I get a 25 percent corporate discount).
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    the problem is, now you actually have to use a centro.
    lmao!!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not to rub it in, but I pay $15 for data on my Sprint Centro. Over 18 months, you'll pay $270 more for data than I will, and you've already been paying $35/month more.
    You shoud have spent some time at sprintusers.com, most people on sprint for more than a couple of years are paying zero for data. I got free data, free unlimited text, free incoming on five lines, free airave and a 25% discount based on a company my kid did a one month contract with five years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    You shoud have spent some time at sprintusers.com, most people on sprint for more than a couple of years are paying zero for data. I got free data, free unlimited text, free incoming on five lines, free airave and a 25% discount based on a company my kid did a one month contract with five years ago.
    This isn't a slam of you, per se, but my plan prices and discounts are legitimate, and wouldn't change if a Sprint reviewed them today.

Doesn't sound like the same is true for you. I wouldn't brag about that anymore than I would getting $20 extra from an inattentive cashier. No judgment, but that is just my perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The problem is, now you actually have to use a centro.
    Guess he needed a smartphone to tide him over.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Watch out, Mr. Cool, that stuff will run out. Everything they gave me (just like you have except the 25% off) eventually ran out after 2 years and I did not get it back. All I have now is 10% off and free data. But I still can't complain after I shop around.

I don't understand why anyone justifies leaving Sprint or not going to Sprint because they "might" not be in business in X months. Such a crock - or just an excuse. Even if they do go out of business - Verizon or ATT will be there.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Guess he needed a smartphone to tide him over.
    Exactomundo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast