Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You won't regret getting a VZW Centro. I and many others love theirs. In fact, my satisfaction with the Centro will keep me sane until Verizon gets the Pre sometime in the future. I can wait.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I recently switched from AT&T to Sprint. Coverage/call quality/reception/ is fantastic!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKayak View Post
    Verizon was charging me $49.95 for the Treo for the past two years. I went in last fall and tried to get a break and change to their new $29.95 unlimited plan but they said the plan only qualified for Crackberries. Now, when I final decided to go with the Centro they offered me the $29.95 plan. I called BS but they said they just added the Palm line to the plan except for pre-existing Palms. Well, rather than argue a moot point, I took the money.
    I had the same experience with the data plan reduction. I walked into a Verizon store with a buddy and he bought a Centro and offered him the unlimited data plan for $29/month. I told the salesperson I want the same deal even though I had previously been paying $45. She said no problem and now my data plan is $29- Yet I was using a 700p.
    I too will wait another year or so. I NEED an IR port for my industry so maybe I'l just "upgrade" from my 700p to a 755p in the meantime. Hopefully Some new webOS devices will be developed with an IR port.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have had the Centro upgrade since last week. It took a couple of days to transfer everything over from the Treo 700P. The Centro has worked like a champ this week. I think I will add the TealOS (WebOS look-a-like) just to make me feel good while I settle in for the long wait for the Pre to come to Verizon.

I thought my post might help other Verizon users who are waiting for a Verizon flavored Pre.

Happy Trails You'll.
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I don't understand why anyone justifies leaving Sprint or not going to Sprint because they "might" not be in business in X months. Such a crock - or just an excuse. Even if they do go out of business - Verizon or ATT will be there.
    It's because every time you turn around, someone is posting about Sprint losses. I haven't seen anything about them gaining new customers, just losing them. That's why some wonder if they'll be around.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Then you switch and don't have much of a contract if Sprint is dead. Think early upgrade time with someone else

Sprint not being around just isn't a factor or thought for me.
    I like Phone Diva's posts. She always makes sense to me. Sprint has been doing very badly for so long that people are losing faith in them completely.

The reality is that they have a GREAT network and the CS is improving. I just don't know if they'll ever live down the bad rep they obtained in the past.
    Hmm..take iphone away from at&t. Put on Sprint. Fix.. And not only fixed, but then people would start crying out crappy at&t is.

At&t was known for a bad network (still are), but at the end of the day, they offer the most popular phones.

Obviously, sprint can't do that but the competition is getting better and they're getting the Pre along with some others and they also offer far cheaper plans alongside a faster network.
    They're about $100 and you could have saved your two year renewal.

Honestly, I love my centro with webos. I will still probably get a pre but now it may be after the first run are beta tested. Jump in when they fixed the problems. Philosophy worked well when I had my 650, skipped the 700p, waited for the 755p when most problems were fixed and picked up the centro when my 755p died in January.

As far as sprint goes, I've been with them for over ten years and I've never really had a problem and was able to get on a SERO account. Now they'll have to drag me away or go out of business.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    They're about $100 and you could have saved your two year renewal.

Honestly, I love my centro with webos.
    You don't have a centro with webos, you have a centro with a palmos skin of webos.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    cardfan - I switched from Sprint to AT&T a few years back and at least in my neighborhood and where I travel, AT&T's network beats Sprints handily. The reality is network coverage varies by location and what is "best" for one person is lousy for another.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I like Phone Diva's posts. She always makes sense to me. Sprint has been doing very badly for so long that people are losing faith in them completely.

The reality is that they have a GREAT network and the CS is improving. I just don't know if they'll ever live down the bad rep they obtained in the past.
    yup to all that goat -- Sprint has vastly changed their attitude toward their customers (after learning the hard way that its way more expensive to attract new customers, than it is to keep the ones you've already got, happy.)

This revelation came to them after they made one of the millennium's great blunders (poetically colorful language tragically self edited ), Sprint's 2005 purchase of Nextel (becoming Sextel) for 35 BILLION Dollars.

This was a merger made in large part with the objective of enlarging their base by buying customers.

Even before the merger their CS rep was bad (I left them about '97, swearing I'd never go back.) Post merger their CS became toxic -- with trouble integrating business systems, incompatible networks, and cultures -- and a poisonous imperative to make the merger pay for itself -- all contributing to disasterous plunge in Sprint's customer base and stock price.

In 2008 Sprint wrote off $30 BILLION Dollars of value connected to that merger.

And yup too, regarding Ms. Diva making sense (except what did her message about sending BARYE a TRO, mean ?? )
    Last edited by BARYE; 02/25/2009 at 09:03 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    At&t was known for a bad network (still are), but at the end of the day, they offer the most popular phones. .
    I travel the eastern seaboard. In my home area Sprint is as good or better, but in the NY metro area, especially outside of Manhattan and dense areas of New jersey Sprint coverage can blow. I had a contract job in NJ about 20 miles west of Manhattan, in a well populated and affluent area and the sprint coverage was ghastly.
    In my area Sprint is great, evdo is great, I would see verizon "can you hear me now?" commercials mocking sprint and I would wonder wtf they were talking about, but I have been in some areas where I bet they ring absolutely true.
    I am with you on Agendus. I use it all day and I am going to have to carry my Centro with me if I get a Pre until Iambic makes a webOS version!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    yup to all that goat -- Sprint has vastly changed their attitude toward their customers (after learning the hard way that its way more expensive to attract new customers, than it is to keep the ones you've already got, happy.)
    With 8,000 layoffs last month (to go with the 9,000 in 2007-8) and the closure of up to 20 call centers (link), their customer support will be back in the toilet by summer. I still find it revealing that Sprint relies on it's retentions department to actually take care of existing customers - the regular CSRs seem powerless to work a deal with anyone.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    My fear is that with all of the losses Sprint will not be able to grow their network. For me, I had Sprint and had been very happy until I moved houses and no longer had reception in my home. If they could add a tower or two I might be able to switch back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    With 8,000 layoffs last month (to go with the 9,000 in 2007-8) and the closure of up to 20 call centers (link), their customer support will be back in the toilet by summer. I still find it revealing that Sprint relies on it's retentions department to actually take care of existing customers - the regular CSRs seem powerless to work a deal with anyone.
    They should be shedding employees as they shed customers. That's good business. Why would a supermarket have 10 cashier-manned lanes open at say, 8AM on a Tuesday morning?

Sprint just needs good reps both in-store and on the phone. That's a training issue. And it would be a complete disaster if level one call reps were "empowered" to bargain with customers. Think about it and what it would mean for their balance sheets.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    One last post from me on this thread. I tried out TealPoint's TealOS, the WebOS look-a-like launcher. It is great fun. I know it is not really WebOS but the look is great and it is fun to use. I love flicking the cards off the home screen.

Anyway, it will be a great pacifier until the Verizon flavor Pre is really released.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And it would be a complete disaster if level one call reps were "empowered" to bargain with customers. Think about it and what it would mean for their balance sheets.
    A complete disaster like Verizon? That's how they do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And it would be a complete disaster if level one call reps were "empowered" to bargain with customers. Think about it and what it would mean for their balance sheets.
    Except Sprint was losing less customers when their level one reps were empowered to to bargain. Verizon uses this to great effect. Verizon is screwing up and sprint has it right?

[QUOTE=mikah912;1562668They should be shedding employees as they shed customers. That's good business. [/QUOTE]

Shedding infrastructure, engineers, technicians is good business if you expect to keep losing customer and contracting. Bu tit does go to declining value for customers that remain.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast