1.    #1  
    I wonder if Palm and/or Sprint will be beta testing this Unit with customer base and/or the Palm Beta Feedback Community Program.

Does anyone suspect this might be all Sprint field testing now? Or is Palm still having customers Beta Test through the program?
    Only info I've come across is from this thread: i played with the pre - SprintUsers.com

Stating that a Palm employee is testing the Pre:
    She is trying to make it crash just by using it everyday. So she is trying to figure out a way to crash it and if it does she logs it.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Only info I've come across is from this thread: i played with the pre - SprintUsers.com

Stating that a Palm employee is testing the Pre:
    Interesting. It seems like internal testing though. I meant beta testing done by end users.
    Darth Pooh, that's what the product launch is for
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Interesting. It seems like internal testing though. I meant beta testing done by end users.
    I suppose I was responding to the first sentence of your second paragraph.
    Does anyone suspect this might be all Sprint field testing now?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Seems that is what most companies have decided to do as of lately. Release the product and let the user base find the issues. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I suppose I was responding to the first sentence of your second paragraph.
    Good point, I think I may have implied it to be rhetorical in my mind

Thanks.
    Testing and simulations can't quite reproduce the real thing of when its launched. Tests are basically designed to catch as many errors as they can. Nothing is ever bug free as tests can't catch them all.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Testing and simulations can't quite reproduce the real thing of when its launched. Tests are basically designed to catch as many errors as they can. Nothing is ever bug free as tests can't catch them all.
    Absolutely true. That still doesn't explain things like the BB Storm... I mean, that was a train wreck of a device in terms of issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    not funny !!

Absolutely true. That still doesn't explain things like the BB Storm... I mean, that was a train wreck of a device in terms of issues.
    train wreck - totaly. rushed out the door (base don what i;ve read, don;t own one)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I tested the Foleo for Palm, they listened to us testers.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    to bad they didn't let you keep one !
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    You mean that thing was YOUR fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You mean that thing was YOUR fault?
    Mine and about 75 other testers, Palm listened to us. The Foleo was VERY close to being released, the Foleo came to me in the official retail packaging.

I for one am glad Palm axed it, they listened to all of the testers. They could have easily put it out. Like I said, it was in full retail packaging. It became clear to me that Palm was really listening to to us, and wouldn't put out a half @ss product.

I remember all to well being a beta tester on devices that Palm went to market with, LifeDrive, Tungsten T5. it showed they wanted to get it just right, or not do it at all.

Even in this video you hear Sachin Kansal, the Palm Pre Software Product Manager say Palm will ship the Pre when it's ready.

http://www.precentral.net/video-inte...roduct-manager
    Jimmie Geddes
    I wonder if Palm and/or Sprint will be beta testing this Unit with customer base and/or the Palm Beta Feedback Community Program.

Does anyone suspect this might be all Sprint field testing now? Or is Palm still having customers Beta Test through the program?

Paul Lauffer (not sure of spelling) was at Palm on public relations who took a lot of lock flak for Palm; called a lot of people on the "rage" we had; anyway he indicated to me that an outside company arranged the beta's