Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If Palm is going to reach out to the young generation (and some of us old farts too), it needs to sell a T-shirt. Palm has the opportunity to create an Apple-like cult. (You can buy Apple T-shirts.) Palm needs to get the Pre out and a T-shirt.

I have made the comment previously that Palm seems to be thinking of everything; however, I'm unaware of a T-shirt. Are you aware of a Palm/Palm Pre T-shirt?
    i think they would have better results with selling the darn phone itself first. then maybe t-shirts.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I might pop for a nice looking long sleeve XL.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I don't think a cult-like following develops from a T-shirt - unless you are Che Guevara.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    I don't think a cult-like following develops from a T-shirt - unless you are Che Guevara.
    ... or Pedro.

(I voted for the other guy)
    Maybe a Pre Central T-shirt?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    if i'm not mistaken, there haven't been official apple tees available for a very long time. the ones out there are either vintage, bootleged or the ones they give away at store grand openings.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
  8.    #8  
    i want my Treocentral T-shirt !!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...52#post1542852
    Last edited by B-model; 02/24/2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added link
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor To Pre View Post
    i wonder if that stuff is officially licensed by apple.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    "i can haz pre now?"
    ^I would love to see a T-Shirt with the little gerbal and such.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i wonder if that stuff is officially licensed by apple.
    I bet it's not, but if they've been around since 2001 as their fine print indicates. I guess Apple doesn't care.

I think it's creative name!
    Last edited by Palmfood; 02/24/2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Always fixin a typo.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I remember that thread.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    IMHO, hip ads would go a long way over T-shirts, on both TV and the internet. NOTHING of either yet.

Even an ad PERIOD, to get business people excited would help too, IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Nobody here mentioned that you get Apple < oops I said the A word... stickers with all of their stuff. Palm should bundle something in with the Pre. TV and Billboard ads would help GREATLY aswell. GIANT popup ads would work too with the flashing colors Much like this one: http://www.burned.org/gallery/d/1714...your_posts.gif don't click it if you have seizures or can have one.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I remember that thread.
    yeah ... might be too late. Don;t think Palm will keep the treo name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    IMHO, hip ads would go a long way over T-shirts, on both TV and the internet. NOTHING of either yet.

Even an ad PERIOD, to get business people excited would help too, IMO.
    Yes .... but we won;t see appple esque add. Sprint will be doing the majority of the promos. We should expect something similar to the current sprint ads. A period of Instint like adds.

(which, IMO, stinks. They are missing an oportunity to really pull and Iphone move))
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Nobody here mentioned that you get Apple < oops I said the A word... stickers with all of their stuff. Palm should bundle something in with the Pre.
    Anyone remember the decal that Handspring used to include in the Visor/Prism box?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I love gadgets but i'm not wearing a Pre tshirt..thanks..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Anyone remember the decal that Handspring used to include in the Visor/Prism box?
    Still have mine, from my Visor Deluxe, then the Prism.
    Heck, I still have the faux leather slip case, which I may recycle to use for the Pre until some cases come out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast