1.    #1  
    I thought this was great. Deutsche Bank just upgraded its position on Palm stock to "BUY" based on their conversation with Palm during MWC09. He referenced the Palm Pre and their belief that Palm will be successful with the Pre as the reason.

Here's the rest Palm Pre Pushes Palm Stock to “Buy” Status | Get Your Palm Pre Fix!

Christian
    Great find! Thanks
  3. rei
    More importantly, the analyst expects the Pre to be released and shipped in 1 month...this is after talking with Palm at MWC.

Rei
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rei View Post
    More importantly, the analyst expects the Pre to be released and shipped in 1 month...this is after talking with Palm at MWC.

Rei
    Is that based on his comment about it being "shipped on time"? Makes sense. Time to find my hiding spot at a Sprint warehouse. Who's coming with me?
  5. rei
    that is based on other news links which go into more detail of what the analyst said. the link provide just says "on time".
    I am so praying for a March release. Are there any indicators for a March release though? I see no advertising, no rumors of Sprint employees being trained, no testing rumors. The closest thing we have to a leak is the EOL list though. The Pro is already out I suppose, wouldn't that indicate that the Pre should come close to the target date of 3/15?

Someone please give a valid argument for March to make this Goat feel better. : (
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  7.    #7  
    I used to work for a company that did enormous volume shipping DVD cases and CD Cases. One thing I learned there was that we would always have to be careful about making sure that we had enough in current stock to meet demand. At one point we were working hard to position ourselves with a massive buyer, and we were bringing all of the product in from China (where I'm assuming Palm is also having the devices assembled - anybody know about that?). When we brought all of our product over from China we made sure that we had our buyer already committed to purchase (because we would bring over HUGE containers of hundreds of thousands of units), and then we brought the product over and started moving it as fast as possible (don't want to sit on expensive inventory). I would guess that Palm and Sprint, who I understand are both needing cash, will be trying to move those systems as fast as possible. I would say release within a month after the Pres are warehoused - and that seems long. Sooooooooo...I'm going with the Pre being in Warehouses on March 15, super juicy rumors starting immediately, and then the Pre being released within the next few weeks [putting crystal ball away].

Quote Originally Posted by rei View Post
    that is based on other news links which go into more detail of what the analyst said. the link provide just says "on time".
    Do you have links? Thanks.
  8. rei
    "Goldberg estimated that the Sprint version of the Pre should be ready to ship in a month or so. The analyst team also handled a version that uses the more widely deployed UMTS network technology, which means the phone could be used in Europe. That version could be ready in six to nine months, Goldberg wrote."

Ahead of the Bell: Deutsche upgrades Palm - Forbes.com
    Great find rei!!! Follow the money.
    The stock goes from $1 to $10 and NOW Deutsche Bank says buy? Whatever...
    -- Josh
  11.    #11  
    They're saying that the stock is valued at $10, so it being at $7ish currently means an investor should expect like a 30% increase in their money when the stock actually reaches $10. That being said, it does feel kind of late.

Thanks for the link rei.
    Quote Originally Posted by crmealey View Post
    That being said, it does feel kind of late..
    The only valid stock information is always late, because to have any accuracy over random chance it has to be about yesterdays price relative to the day before yesterday price.

If any of these guys knew a thing about tomorrows, or next week or next month or quarters price price, they would not be in the business of pitching the information to their firms customers, to get those customer to buy or sell (and that is where these firms make their money) they would be acting on it themselves.
  13.    #13  
    just kind of thought they might have said something a little while ago when Palm's stock went from like a buck to $7, but I understand that they would want to do their due diligence before offering the final word.

Whatever the case may be, I'm thrilled that it's being said now. That's pretty great news to stick in front of investors right now - especially when there is so little else to look forward to that is positive. I think it is safe to say that the Pre will do more for Palm's stock than a new iPhone or Blackberry will for Apple or RIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crmealey View Post
    I think it is safe to say that the Pre will do more for Palm's stock than a new iPhone or Blackberry will for Apple or RIM.
    It is safe ts say that whether Pre is a total success or a total failure/
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    It is safe ts say that whether Pre is a total success or a total failure/
    Touche - I think.